• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Passo 2007 - Bad On Fuel

Samanl

Question

Dear all,

I am experiencing a bad fuel consumption on my passo 1000cc. Earlier it was done 11 - 12 kmpl . But now it is done only 10-10.3 kmpl. But recently it increased upto 13 kmpl . (this was after removing and fixing the battery for fixing a horn)( i dont no whether some sensors were resetted due to that). But now again trip meter indicates that it is 10 kmpl.

All the above figures are for the city driving but with less traffic and AC is "on" 50% of the time. Car was done 12.5 kmpl in outstation in last april but without AC.

I do not no whether this is the normal situation.

Altogether I have done the followings

1 - Engine and Transmition oil changed ( After this only 2500 KMs were driven)

2 - Add Motul Injector cleaner for the full tank of fuel ( after this some improvements were seen and almost 1000 KMs were driven)

Please advice me. Appreciate your comments and advices

Samanl

7 answers to this question

That is the economy you'd get in you'r car. it can also change from time to time by u'r driving style.(as it dosen't have a rpm how can u tell)

It's good of u to be honest.

Some idiotic Japanese econobox owners brag about their economy.

• Like 1

Dear all,

I am experiencing a bad fuel consumption on my passo 1000cc. Earlier it was done 11 - 12 kmpl . But now it is done only 10-10.3 kmpl. But recently it increased upto 13 kmpl . (this was after removing and fixing the battery for fixing a horn)( i dont no whether some sensors were resetted due to that). But now again trip meter indicates that it is 10 kmpl.

All the above figures are for the city driving but with less traffic and AC is "on" 50% of the time. Car was done 12.5 kmpl in outstation in last april but without AC.

So it did 11 - 12 kmpl earlier, went down to 10 kmpl, then again to 13 kmpl, and yet again to 10 kmpl. Sounds like your driving style is affecting your fuel consumption more than anything else.

But, if you're taking your readings off the fuel economy readout, you might also wanna do it the old fashioned way and see what you get.

• Like 1

That is the economy you'd get in you'r car. it can also change from time to time by u'r driving style.(as it dosen't have a rpm how can u tell)

It's good of u to be honest.

Some idiotic Japanese econobox owners brag about their economy.

I stated what i am currently experiencing. Stating a matter that i am facing with "how can it get dishonest" ?. :)

BTW,

Since there is no RPM meter , i can not exactly say what the rpm meter indicates when i drive. But i always keep in mind not to revup the engine unnecessarily.

Samanl

I stated what i am currently experiencing. Stating a matter that i am facing with "how can it get dishonest" ?. :)

BTW,

Since there is no RPM meter , i can not exactly say what the rpm meter indicates when i drive. But i always keep in mind not to revup the engine unnecessarily.

Samanl

My wife's 1300 cc one also gives more or less the same figures. I think it is normal.

• Like 1

Fuel economy measured by the so called trip computer is cr*p.

When it says 12kmpl the actual amount can be 10kmpl.

The old fashion way can also be wrong, as sometimes you fill it to the cap and sometimes stop when the pump automatically stops.

And when you disconect the battery the kmpl readings get retested and the kmpl becomes higher than normal

Edited by toyota sucks
  • Like 1