• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2010 & 2011 Kia Sorento Owners What Do You Think Of Your Suv?

YesinLegend

I wan't to know for how long you have owned the Sorento & what are your impressions about the SUV.I wish to know what problems you are facing with the vehicle.

How long someone has owned a 2010/2011 model? You expect there to be problems within one year of ownership? Seems you don't have a lot of confidence in your choice.

• Like 1

How long someone has owned a 2010/2011 model? You expect there to be problems within one year of ownership? Seems you don't have a lot of confidence in your choice.

I've been hearing there were major faults in the US sold Sorento. The transmission is a complete failure.Just making sure that the Korean manufactured sorento dosen't carry the same trait.

Besides you are very rude and vain. Of course when one is interested in a particular vehicle one has every right to find out all pros and cons of a prospective vehicle.Of course I hope there would never be problems with this SUV.Because I'm considering buying it!!!!

Edited by YesinLegend
  • Like 1

got a 2008 Santa Fe, done 60,000 km and the needs engine over haul and suspensions are gone... its a problem in the model, been using it well and always use super diesel... they might have solved those issues in the current models. Hyundai and Kia are pretty much the same thing inside...

Besides you are very rude and vain. Of course when one is interested in a particular vehicle one has every right to find out all pros and cons of a prospective vehicle.Of course I hope there would never be problems with this SUV.Because I'm considering buying it!!!!

Of course he is the moderator, and wants to keep people who ask questions which from his point of view are stupid questions, away from the forum. So what are you buying? Sorento or Sonata?

Of course he is the moderator, and wants to keep people who ask questions which from his point of view are stupid questions, away from the forum. So what are you buying? Sorento or Sonata?

Yes, I have noticed this many times. He's a pretentious douche trying to look smart by picking on newbies who can't express themselves fluently in the English language. The condescending attitude is no surprise since he clearly have his head so far up his arse. So, as others jump in and say, newbies have to "man up and suck it all up".

It's funny how quickly people forget that at one time they were new to this stuff too. English and cars. Some people have been doing this stuff for a long time than others. Many of you know about cars to a far far greater length than me. There are people with varying degree of fluency in this public forum. To be a moderator, you have to have a thick skin. You have to tolerate bullshit more. If you're not willing to do that, stop putting "it's not THE car, it's A car" type of crapasstic comments. Everyone can see that.

And Peri, I'm not writing this to piss you off. Don't jump on people on their 1st or 2nd post. You can certainly warn and then ban people if they're doing excessive advertising or doesn't comply with forum rules.

And VVTi, this time I do have my diaper and ice in my vagina. Tis all good dude.

• Like 4

Yes, I have noticed this many times. He's a pretentious douche trying to look smart by picking on newbies who can't express themselves fluently in the English language. The condescending attitude is no surprise since he clearly have his head so far up his arse. So, as others jump in and say, newbies have to "man up and suck it all up".

It's funny how quickly people forget that at one time they were new to this stuff too. English and cars. Some people have been doing this stuff for a long time than others. Many of you know about cars to a far far greater length than me. There are people with varying degree of fluency in this public forum. To be a moderator, you have to have a thick skin. You have to tolerate bullshit more. If you're not willing to do that, stop putting "it's not THE car, it's A car" type of crapasstic comments. Everyone can see that.

And Peri, I'm not writing this to piss you off. Don't jump on people on their 1st or 2nd post. You can certainly warn and then ban people if they're doing excessive advertising or doesn't comply with forum rules.

And VVTi, this time I do have my diaper and ice in my vagina. Tis all good dude.

Correction, I maybe a pretentious douche trying to look smart, but I don't pick on noobs who aren't fluent. I pick on noobs who try to be smart arses. Since you have been paying attention, try again and see how many people I don't point out mistakes on.

And Harak is a long time annoyance, not a noob. The "it's not THE car, it's A car" thing wasn't directed at a noob. Look that up too.

I wan't to know for how long you have owned the Sorento & what are your impressions about the SUV.I wish to know what problems you are facing with the vehicle.

I have owned the 2011 Sorento since end of 2010. Kind of goes without saying? So far no problems...

I agree some people are cyber hill billies.The first discussion I ever started VVTi accused me of using Guerrilla Marketing tactics & then on turned my topic into a total waste of time.VVTi is a changeling. lol

Edited by YesinLegend
  • Like 1

jeez...you boys really need to grow up.

there have been quite a few rude replies to people but i don't see why on earth Peri's comment here can be considered such.

What the man says is the turth isn't it?

Those models are really new to the market. And it's impossible to pass a judgement on it's reliability this soon.

Best bet would be to read global reviews on the model cos at least that way your sample size is a lot more.

And VVTI and whole load of other people bash certain people for guerilla marketing for very valid reasons. Because those who have stayed here longer know there are loads of people who do that kinda stuff.

Stop being silly little girls and bitch about how people are bullying others and what not.

We were all new here once and we all learnt the way things work here. Get on with the program or get the hell out.

Isn't it pointless complaining about a forum and still sticking around?

• Like 1

got a 2008 Santa Fe, done 60,000 km and the needs engine over haul and suspensions are gone... its a problem in the model, been using it well and always use super diesel... they might have solved those issues in the current models. Hyundai and Kia are pretty much the same thing inside...

Engine overhaul required at just 60,000Km??? That is so so disappointing....

I wouldn't take what poscher says about SUVs too seriously. Man thinks the Cayenne is the fastest, most extreme offroader ever. When he says it's a problem in the model, it's probably in his model he owns. :D

The Santa Fe actually has a good track record. It's one of Consumer Reports' top vehicles of 2008.

jeez...you boys really need to grow up.

there have been quite a few rude replies to people but i don't see why on earth Peri's comment here can be considered such.

What the man says is the turth isn't it?

Those models are really new to the market. And it's impossible to pass a judgement on it's reliability this soon.

Best bet would be to read global reviews on the model cos at least that way your sample size is a lot more.

And VVTI and whole load of other people bash certain people for guerilla marketing for very valid reasons. Because those who have stayed here longer know there are loads of people who do that kinda stuff.

Stop being silly little girls and bitch about how people are bullying others and what not.

We were all new here once and we all learnt the way things work here. Get on with the program or get the hell out.

Isn't it pointless complaining about a forum and still sticking around?

True, some people make mistaken accusations. I wish they didn't disrespect the other party.There is a far more civilized way of settling it instead of :violent-smiley-099: with comments.People should be treated with respect & not be hit down immediately when they get an inkling.Would you put up with such people and not retaliate if someone disrespected you,especially when in comes to something that matters? Of course not.Buying a vehicle is a serious financial matter.I would just like people to put valid comments that is useful & not render it redundant like it has become now.

• Like 4

Of course he is the moderator, and wants to keep people who ask questions which from his point of view are stupid questions,

Totally Agree. Hats off:alc:

I know couple of 2007 santafe s with more than 100 000 millage with more performance than a prado coming out of the factory

I can't imagine the torture the guy gave to his vehicle or how much he is lieing.

By the way if so how can kia and hyundai give a 100 000mile (160 000km) warrenty in europe :angry-smiley-048:

• Like 1

I know couple of 2007 santafe s with more than 100 000 millage with more performance than a prado coming out of the factory

I can't imagine the torture the guy gave to his vehicle or how much he is lieing.

By the way if so how can kia and hyundai give a 100 000mile (160 000km) warrenty in europe :angry-smiley-048:

Correction, 5 year unlimited mileage warranty in the UK :)

It could be he bought a mileage adjusted Santa Fe recon (and the actual mileage is 360,000 KM not 60,000 KM). Either that or he owns one in his dreams.

Correction, 5 year unlimited mileage warranty in the UK :)

It could be he bought a mileage adjusted Santa Fe recon (and the actual mileage is 360,000 KM not 60,000 KM). Either that or he owns one in his dreams.

Yeah I think the 60,000 story is not a reliable one. Something's not right there.

Well the horse is out of the stable now. Already ordered it today! :)

Congratulations!!!, One of the best looking cars for the money. One of my friends had one of them (2004 model) as a office car. No complains at all. However he had it only for 2 yrs till he get the next one

Edited by Parak

Well the horse is out of the stable now. Already ordered it today! :)

I did not think you were serious.

Check out this debate about Kia Sorneto, Ford Territory and Toyota Klugar(I don't know what this one is called in SL). Basically more people appreciate the KIA

http://www.caradvice...ento-revisions/

you have made a good choice. one of my mates just got a brand new Sorento after a 8 month waiting period! not sure if it was a 2010 or 2011 but i believe was the 2.2 litre diesel 2 wheel drive. had the pleasure of driving it and it was very comfortable and had loads of low end torque. went over a couple of of broken roads and it felt very secure. liked everything actually, apart from the vague, light steering! should be a beauty to travel long distances in.

• Like 1

I did not think you were serious.

Check out this debate about Kia Sorneto, Ford Territory and Toyota Klugar(I don't know what this one is called in SL). Basically more people appreciate the KIA

http://www.caradvice...ento-revisions/

Thanx anyhow :D. ordered a full option 2.2CRDi diesel Sorento. Their warranty shows that they have confidence i their new range of cars.Now begins the hard part..the wait!..:(

• Like 1

Hey btw...when I went over to KIA to order the Sorento.The all new Optima had just arrived. It was gorgeus, just lyk the sonata.Build quality was exceptional.Only offered in gasoline though. They said t'was only 5.5mil base price. full option costs 6.2mil.They said waiting period was 3-4months for any1 who'se interested.BTW I think the sportage looks like a blinged up toad.No offence jst my opinion :D

you have made a good choice. one of my mates just got a brand new Sorento after a 8 month waiting period! not sure if it was a 2010 or 2011 but i believe was the 2.2 litre diesel 2 wheel drive. had the pleasure of driving it and it was very comfortable and had loads of low end torque. went over a couple of of broken roads and it felt very secure. liked everything actually, apart from the vague, light steering! should be a beauty to travel long distances in.

Thanx dude :D