• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Attention - Fuel Shortage

Newbi

I hope that you all are aware of the queuing at all the fuel stations due to a shortage of fuel. For those of you not aware run like hell to the nearest station and hope the outlets will have enough to service you. If this is stale news I apologise.

I drove all the way from Colombo to Nawala to fill my tank up. One thing I noticed was that there is a greater chance of you getting fuel from station further away from Colombo.

I have given contact number to some stations and they have agreed to call me when they do get stock which probably will be in the afternoon…Will let you guys know.

P.S I had to get 90 octane… does anyone know where I could get some sort of octane boost

Cheers

I hope that you all are aware of the queuing at all the fuel stations due to a shortage of fuel. For those of you not aware run like hell to the nearest station and hope the outlets will have enough to service you. If this is stale news I apologise.

I drove all the way from Colombo to Nawala to fill my tank up. One thing I noticed was that there is a greater chance of you getting fuel from station further away from Colombo.

I have given contact number to some stations and they have agreed to call me when they do get stock which probably will be in the afternoon…Will let you guys know.

P.S I had to get 90 octane… does anyone know where I could get some sort of octane boost

Cheers

I thought it's because of a planned strike by the workers.

Traffic blocks all ova the place, havelock road was blocked a while ago, petrol queues.. Pumped petrol @ the Laugh's Shed in havelock rd @ 7.00am odd, was on my way to work @ around 9.30am, petrol ova... :(..damn!

Cheers

<Madz hope this is not advertising>

I can assure you that there will be no shortage from Ceypetco petrol stations. Ceypetco has ample stocks to supply the country. The only problem is that since the IOC sheds are out of stock, everyone is queing at the Ceypetco sheds. Most of the major sheds within Colombo were taken over IOC, but outstations it is a different story. IOC operates only 20% of all fuel stations in the country. Rest is run by Ceypetco.

Log into www.ceypetco.gov.lk to find where the location of Ceypetco stations. It even has a list of 95 octane and super diesel outlet details...

I can assure you that there will be no shortage from Ceypetco petrol stations. Ceypetco has ample stocks to supply the country. The only problem is that since the IOC sheds are out of stock, everyone is queing at the Ceypetco sheds. Most of the major sheds within Colombo were taken over IOC, but outstations it is a different story. IOC operates only 20% of all fuel stations in the country. Rest is run by Ceypetco.

Log into www.ceypetco.gov.lk to find where the location of Ceypetco stations. It even has a list of 95 octane and super diesel outlet details...

thanks for the info max

:( IOC :angry-smiley-048:

Thumps up for CEYPETCO. heard that ceypetco sells better grade of fuel than IOC.

the colour of the fuel is totally different. We consumers have to suffer on Friday Morning for all this bullshit of these two companies

Ja-Ela area and Kandana Area Most stations are empty,. Even Ceypetco once. So if you are travelling towards kautnayke make sure you have ample fuel. I am sure seeduwa area will have fuel.

Traffic blocks all ova the place, havelock road was blocked a while ago, petrol queues.. Pumped petrol @ the Laugh's Shed in havelock rd @ 7.00am odd, was on my way to work @ around 9.30am, petrol ova... :(..damn!

Yah..we are allowed 2 pump only from the Havelock Rd IOC and they are out of petrol..hope this will be over soon as I have hardly any fuel left.. :angry-smiley-048:

Ya machan, ceypetco does have but some r closed, due to some strike. And the opened shed's have got que's a mile long... Like i said Laugh's in havelock rd only pump's 95 Oct, there stocks were ova in a couple of hours, cos when i asked the attendant the bugger said they've got a full tank.. and in a couple of hours the shed had a board " Closed " ... lol..

I, for one, am laughing outta my backside :( Never pump from IOC sheds and go outta my way to find a Ceypetco.

Don't worry Nads. There will be a bit of shortage created by the panic buying, but once it settles down and the deliveries catch up, it'll be business as usual. At least for Ceypetco :angry-smiley-048:

Hope y'all didn't invest in LIOC shares ;)

Ja-Ela area and Kandana Area Most stations are empty,. Even Ceypetco once. So if you are travelling towards kautnayke make sure you have ample fuel. I am sure seeduwa area will have fuel.

There goes my plan of refuelling on the way home :angry-smiley-048: It's gonna be a dull weekend at home then :(

Ya machan, ceypetco does have but some r closed, due to some strike.

I'm not aware of a strike by Ceypetco. But I can confirm you once again Ceypetco has ample stocks. Just got confirmation.... Outstation there seems to be no rush at all....

I, for one, am laughing outta my backside :angry-smiley-048: Never pump from IOC sheds and go outta my way to find a Ceypetco.

Don't worry Nads. There will be a bit of shortage created by the panic buying, but once it settles down and the deliveries catch up, it'll be business as usual. At least for Ceypetco ;)

Hope y'all didn't invest in LIOC shares :D

Too bad I've already invested in LIOC stocks, but who cares... i've invested in Ceypetco too.... that covers my loss... :(

I'm not aware of a strike by Ceypetco. But I can confirm you once again Ceypetco has ample stocks. Just got

But all is not well at ceypetco either .. it seems

Fuel crisis today

Friday, 9 June 2006 - 9:03 AM SL Time

A fuel shortage is imminent today with the foreign owned Indian Oil Company running dry while the joint trade unions of the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CPC) are opposing the sale of the state oil corporation.

The IOC filling stations are expected to dry up today due to the non payment of subsidies amounting to Rs.7.4 billion by the Government to the company.

Lanka IOC Managing Director K. Ramakrishna speaking to the Daily Mirror yesterday said an agreement was arrived at last week with the Treasury for a settlement of the subsidy amounting to around Rs.7.4 billion.

This agreement was arrived at in an amicable manner where IOC had agreed in principle to a lower subsidy rate. However, this was subject to approval from India for which the local representatives were awaiting a response.

In the meantime, the 159 filling stations of the IOC in all parts of the county would be affected as a result, he said.

This was due to the fact that Lanka IOC was unable to import any further fuel from India unless the Government paid at least Rs.1 billion for the purchase.

But since this was not forthcoming it was unable to obtain the necessary fuel.

He said IOC has suffered a net loss of Rs.7 billion.

Meanwhile the Joint Trade Unions of the CPC alleged the Government was allowing oil companies to decide prices in the local market thereby forcing consumers to purchase fuel at prices imposed by these companies.The joint unions said all filling stations in the city of Colombo would run dry by 12 noon since there would be no delivery of fuel to these stations.

The unions claimed the subsidy provided by the Government to the two oil giants today has resulted in the Treasury now being requested for Rs. 917 million which the Government has to pay. However, a union spokesman said the Indian oil firm was not running at a loss but was earning profits.

Source

Daily Mirror

uh oh anyone in the kotte-battaramulla area? any sign of 95oct????f**k y do i leave this for the last minute???

how about Koswatte Laughs ? that thing's got 95... hope this thing settles...

But all is not well at ceypetco either .. it seems

Fuel crisis today

Friday, 9 June 2006 - 9:03 AM SL Time

A fuel shortage is imminent today with the foreign owned Indian Oil Company running dry while the joint trade unions of the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CPC) are opposing the sale of the state oil corporation.

The IOC filling stations are expected to dry up today due to the non payment of subsidies amounting to Rs.7.4 billion by the Government to the company.

Lanka IOC Managing Director K. Ramakrishna speaking to the Daily Mirror yesterday said an agreement was arrived at last week with the Treasury for a settlement of the subsidy amounting to around Rs.7.4 billion.

This agreement was arrived at in an amicable manner where IOC had agreed in principle to a lower subsidy rate. However, this was subject to approval from India for which the local representatives were awaiting a response.

In the meantime, the 159 filling stations of the IOC in all parts of the county would be affected as a result, he said.

This was due to the fact that Lanka IOC was unable to import any further fuel from India unless the Government paid at least Rs.1 billion for the purchase.

But since this was not forthcoming it was unable to obtain the necessary fuel.

Meanwhile the Joint Trade Unions of the CPC alleged the Government was allowing oil companies to decide prices in the local market thereby forcing consumers to purchase fuel at prices imposed by these companies.The joint unions said all filling stations in the city of Colombo would run dry by 12 noon since there would be no delivery of fuel to these stations.

The unions claimed the subsidy provided by the Government to the two oil giants today has resulted in the Treasury now being requested for Rs. 917 million which the Government has to pay. However, a union spokesman said the Indian oil firm was not running at a loss but was earning profits.

Source

Daily Mirror

damn goverment............ chinthanaya my a**

Source

Daily Mirror

:(

I wonder why they operate here at such a loss. I thought gov is taking the loss by giving subsides. Have they calculated that unpaid bill as a loss ???

anyway, no worries, I always go ceypetco :angry-smiley-048:

I just saw they’re unloading petrol at the station near to Thunmulla junction (LIOC). They have 95 as well. Try it there in another 1 hour.

If any of you are passing the Orugodawatte junction on Base Line road, the Laugfs Station there has ample fuel including 95 octane and there is absolutely no queue. :action-smiley-060: