• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan March K11

gobi

Guys . . . .

Finally I found a Nissan March K11 - Year 2000, Full Option, HA-XXXX , Alloys , 50K Mileage , Dark Blue in color.

Car is in Mint condition and owner asking 1.3 M

I suppose the offer is quite reasonable for such car in current market( Pls advice)

But the main thing it's not fuel effcient. Though it's 1000CC as per the current owner it does only 11 KMPL. whereas i owned a Nissan FB14 previouly which is 1300 CC and does about 15 KMPL.

Not sure whether it's depend on Engine Tune Up and all.

So Guys Please advice on these 2 points please.... .. .. ( Price , Fuel Efficiency of March K11)

Expecting replies soon . . . . .. . . .

Guys . . . .

Finally I found a Nissan March K11 - Year 2000, Full Option, HA-XXXX , Alloys , 50K Mileage , Dark Blue in color.

I suppose the offer is quite reasonable for such car in current market( Pls advice)

But the main thing it's not fuel effcient. Though it's 1000CC as per the current owner it does only 11 KMPL. whereas i owned a Nissan FB14 previouly which is 1300 CC and does about 15 KMPL.

So Guys Please advice on these 2 points please.... .. .. ( Price , Fuel Efficiency of March K11)

Hi Gobi,

Honestly I don't have much of an idea on the current market value of a K11. However, personally I wouldn't pay anything over 1.2M even of the car is in show room condition.

Other thing that appears to be suspicious is the Mileage. 50k for a 10 year old car is a bit unrealistic. Fairly certain that it would have undergone a mileage trim at the import process if its not been bought brand new, So don't bother checking that. What you may want to be aware is whether it has gone through another cut by a local chap. So try to verify that with the maintenance history etc.

There is a lot of new car buying tips discussed in the forum so you might wanna do a search and try a few things before you confirm on this car. Getting to know the owners driving style, usage patterns is one quire important thing. Since you say "Mint Condition" just ensure thats not limited to the outer appearance and runs deep thru the mechanics as well.

As for the fuel economy 11 is quite normal in city if the car is with a manual transmission. If it's an automatic probably the owner is not being honest. I closely know 2 of these cars, both automatic, well maintained, does 8.5 - 9 km\l only.

Wishes for you to make a wise decision...

Cheers,

K9M

Guys . . . .

The fuel figures you quoted are quite accurate for a 1000cc march, however like k9 said if its an auto its highly unlikely that you get beyond 10Kmpl.

If you still want a march but also want fuel economy the best option is to buy a 1300cc march, they do around 13KMPL

Dude if I were you I wouldnt pay a cent more than 1.1 to 1.2. Given the market still you could find genuine sellers who sell at that price. And 50k is a lie unless he had never driven it for like 5-6 years. Given the fact that those vehicles were imported as reconditioned vehicles, a 10 year old vehicle could not have 50k on the clock after 10 years. If you search through AL you find enough and more vehicles going at that rate or even LESS. If your comfy with the vehicle go for it but do bit of a search you could come through a better offer and a vehicle. Cheers

hey before you go ahead check this thread forum.autolanka.com/Index.php?/topic/3430-how-to-buy-a-used-car-in-sri-lanka/ ,personaly if I were you,I would not have spent more than 1M on a March.There are some brand new second hand cars you could check out,having a better fuel consumption figures like the VIVA.I would recommend it..... Just my 2cents....All the Best

Edited by CyRaX

thank you very much for your reply guys.. .. .. .. ..

i just gone through Autolanka claassifieds . . . . . .. and then only i thought the price was reasonable.

guys pls check these ads / / //

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=48429

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=47900

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=48378

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=48278

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=48172

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=48026

Pls advice guyss.. . . . . .

or else i suppose to go for FB14 or K12 Beetle - Pls advice these price range also ( Eng no's only)

thank you very much for your reply guys.. .. .. .. ..

i just gone through Autolanka claassifieds . . . . . .. and then only i thought the price was reasonable.

guys pls check these ads / / //

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=48429

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=47900

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=48378

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=48278

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=48172

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=48026

or else i suppose to go for FB14 or K12 Beetle - Pls advice these price range also ( Eng no's only)

Well bro here is the situation, after the government increased the taxes on cars the prices of second hand cars increased.

I think that's a fact most of the other members forgot as they seem to be referring to the prices of a k11 under the old tax scheme :)

I know its not fair but the fact is this is pretty normal in SL, but my suggestion to you would be to wait a little bit till the second hand car market settles.

Have you had a test-drive on K11? We had a K11 (it was wife's from before we got married) and it's horribly cramped unless you're short (even my wife drove with the seat as far back as possible) and the pickup on the 1l engine + autobox is terrible. and considering my wife bought it thinking "small car = fuel efficient", it was a total fail.

Well bro here is the situation, after the government increased the taxes on cars the prices of second hand cars increased.

I think that's a fact most of the other members forgot as they seem to be referring to the prices of a k11 under the old tax scheme :)

I know its not fair but the fact is this is pretty normal in SL, but my suggestion to you would be to wait a little bit till the second hand car market settles.

Ah... Didn't consider this when I replied to this thread... Thanks for pointing it out Stig.

Its unfair IMO as well. But what to do, we live in a country in which the bus fair goes up by 15% when a litre of diesel goes up by 3.5%.

My suggestion also is to wait a little bit...

But would waiting actually solve or aggravate the problem in the short term? I mean unless you're prepared to wait 6+ months, I can't see any 2nd hand owners dropping their prices ~ especially when they cannot get a newer car for any less money with the new tax brackets!

Ah... Didn't consider this when I replied to this thread... Thanks for pointing it out Stig.

Its unfair IMO as well. But what to do, we live in a country in which the bus fair goes up by 15% when a litre of diesel goes up by 3.5%.

My suggestion also is to wait a little bit...

it's unfair every time government increase fuel prices gap between petrol and diesel become longer if they keep this up soon even hybrid's are become uneconomical to drive.

The march is not economical yet it is a car that can't be killed.

Give it all the burdens in the world and it will give u an innocent smile.

I've personally experienced that the 1240cc(13kmpl) does more than the 1000cc(10kmpl) in the city

Also the ak12 with the cr12de engine does better than the hr-series engines on the k11s

• Like 1

Have you had a test-drive on K11? We had a K11 (it was wife's from before we got married) and it's horribly cramped unless you're short (even my wife drove with the seat as far back as possible) and the pickup on the 1l engine + autobox is terrible. and considering my wife bought it thinking "small car = fuel efficient", it was a total fail.

Sifaan, can't comment on the fuel efficiency as I don't measure it unless I suspect a problem. But I am 6 foot tall but I have no issues getting into a Micra, finding a comfortable driving position and driving it ! I don't think it is cramped in the front at all. Now the back, well that is a different matter but what else did you expect from a small car ?

And I agree with Toyota Sucks, it is a never say never, rock solid piece of engineering which just keeps on going in true Japanese style. A few common problems in the British built Micra's. The window winder mechanisms get detached from the glass and need re bonding and the heat shields rust and start hitting against the exhaust manifold making noise.

My K11 with 1000cc (Manual) does about 8-9kmpl in Colombo (not in heavy traffic) and 12-13 outside.

Surprisingly, the Pug (again manual) with double the amount of cc value does pretty much the same. (minus 1-2 kmpl)

Call me insane, but have you considered a 406 by any chance? :rolleyes:

Sifaan, can't comment on the fuel efficiency as I don't measure it unless I suspect a problem. But I am 6 foot tall but I have no issues getting into a Micra, finding a comfortable driving position and driving it ! I don't think it is cramped in the front at all. Now the back, well that is a different matter but what else did you expect from a small car ?

Interesting, I'm not even 5'8" but never was comfortable in the K11. Maybe it's just individual anthropometry differences; hard to imagine how the Euro version had more foot space than the JDM (unless the Micra front seats were moved back compared to March)

I'm 5' 8" and I hv to move the seat fully back to drive a K11 but I wouldn't call that position 'uncomfy'.

What I frankly hate about a (1000 cc / auto) k11 is the pick-up or the acceleration which is disgusting. But driving in Colombo, that is hardly a problem and you can be pretty nippy in traffic (if you're that sort of driver). Once it's on the 3rd or 4th it's driving as normal and will pretty much keep up with all but most enthusiastic drivers with more horses under them!

Everything else is good (but not great) about this car and as toyota sucks aptly said - it's a car that cannot be killed!

Finding such low mileage (50k in a ten+ year old car) is extremely unusual but not impossible - it very rarely happens if the car is a second car, or the owner is mostly outside the country for example. Check and see if everything else matches up - the engine and interior should be exceptional if the mileage is real...

Also ask to see the last 2 emission reports. they should match - so if the car has 50k mileage it should mean roughly 5k km per year - emission reports should hopefully match.

If you are buying any Nissan, contact the service manager at A*W and get an appointment for an inspection / defect report and ask the owner to take the car there when you are there - you can see the underside etc.

Nissan does a good inspection for around 2000 upwards. Ask them to hook in the engine diagnostics and get a printout also (they may charge extra for that).

Edited by Saturn

The european Micra isn't any bigger than the Japanese March, though the seat probably can be adjusted a bit more and so can the steering wheel. When I drive a Micra I just adjust the steering wheel so that it doesn't hit my knees and put the seat back a bit (not all the way), though somebody can still travel in the back. And I've travelled up to 250 miles at a time like this with no great discomfort. I mean the seats are small and not very supportive but they are ok ...

As for acceleration by the time I'm out of the second gear I'm already around 60 KMPH (40 MPH) The car accelerates pretty well though beyond 60mph requires a lot of huffing and puffing. I am talking about a manual 1000cc car though not an auto.

Edited by The Don