• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

More on Sri Lanka's first dedicated hybrid service facility

Hybrid-Press.jpg

The first ever hybrid vehicle service centre in Sri Lanka, Hybrid Motor Lanka, a subsidiary of Hybrid Motors Singapore assures finest maintenance facilities and engineering expertise for hybrid vehicles. Hybrid Motors Singapore is one of the largest companies in the automobile industry in Singapore with a paid up capital of 2 million Singapore dollars and is a leading importer and service provider for Hybrid, MPV, SUV and luxury brands.

Eddie Lo, Chairman of the Hybrid Motor Lanka (Pvt) said, so far there has not been a workshop that is equipped with the advanced technology and the technical proficiency to service hybrid vehicles in Sri Lanka. “We hope to build the trust and confidence among the hybrid vehicle owners and promote the green technology in the market for the potential buyers,” he added.

The workshop which will be opened on Monday, comprises of state-of-the-art service station, Wireless IPAD and a comfortable sitting area. The total investment of this project is 500,000 USD (Rs 50 million). Lo also stressed that labour charges at the workshop will be in par with the local service stations.

Azli Ismail Sales Director of Hybrid Motor Lanka (Pvt) Ltd said that around 150 hybrid vehicles are imported every month, and that the services provide will be very special. “Our research has shown that there are around 2000-3000 hybrid vehicles in the country and that 2500 are already in the port. Furthermore, we find that despite the 12% tax increase, hybrid cars are relatively cheap even today,” he said.

He further said that they are hoping to introduce a warranty package to hybrid buyers through the local dealers and promote green technology.

http://print.dailymirror.lk/business/127-local/52264.html

A big thanks to the first, early hybrid buyers for making an invaluable contribution to this fantastic development.

If it wasn't for these brave early hybrid buyers taking a risk and blazing the trail for the later hybrid buyers to follow, a large enough base of hybrid vehicles may have never developed in Sri Lanka. Then,in which case, without a large enough base of hybrid vehicles, this type of high-quality investment in hybrid infrastructure would not have happened.

It's because of the early (and also later) hybrid buyers that a international-standard hybrid support infrastructure is being invested in, developed, and built in Sri Lanka.

Thanks again early hybrid buyers! You fellows led the way and paved the way for everyone!

Edited by Californikan
  • Like 1

More on Sri Lanka's first dedicated hybrid service facility

e37e5_OB-NS435_prius_E_20110429162436.jpg

Interesting. Not a single gen 3. All old cars. Representative of the market reality, unfortunately.

The workshop which will be opened on Monday, comprises of state-of-the-art service station, Wireless IPAD and a comfortable sitting area.

http://print.dailymirror.lk/business/127-local/52264.html

How you know the writer has no idea what they are writing about.

Edited by Pericles

Interesting. Not a single gen 3. All old cars. Representative of the market reality, unfortunately.

Regarding the image machan I believe he just search on Google & got it "http://used-cars-new-york.net/wp-content/plugins/rss-poster/cache/e37e5_OB-NS435_prius_E_20110429162436.jpg" noting to do with SriLankan Market And I’ve seen plenty of 3rd Gen ones on the SL Road..

:rolleyes:

Edited by MIBSriLanka

Regarding the image machan I beleiev he just seach on Google & got it "http://used-cars-new-york.net/wp-content/plugins/rss-poster/cache/e37e5_OB-NS435_prius_E_20110429162436.jpg" noting to do with SriLankan Market And i've seen plenty of 3rd Gen ones on the SL Road..

I've seen them on the road, but not in plenty. Few and far between as yet. Increasing, but still waaay outnumbered by the older models.

And using fake pictures not related to the article is

a. unethical

b. a copyright violation

And very, very importantly, advertising a used car service is very much against autolanka rules!

fantastic development.

high-quality investment in hybrid infrastructure

quality international-standard hybrid support infrastructure is being invested in, developed, built and coming to fruition in Sri Lanka.

Machan Califorh*kan, how much is the high quality international fantastic garage paying u to do 'kadey yaama' for them? Or are you doing it for free again?

BTW could you also let us know how much it costs to get a hybrid serviced from this high-quality international-standard fantastic garage? That information will be very useful for the hybrid owners in AL.

Regarding the image machan I believe he just search on Google & got it "http://used-cars-new-york.net/wp-content/plugins/rss-poster/cache/e37e5_OB-NS435_prius_E_20110429162436.jpg" noting to do with SriLankan Market And I’ve seen plenty of 3rd Gen ones on the SL Road..

:rolleyes:

The image is for illustration and representation purposes only. Newspapers and media outlets use this technique all the time. They use a representative 'stock photo'when a photo of the actual situation is not available.

And that picture - a row of 2nd gen Prii is representative of the current local hybrid situation. If I put a photo of a row of Fisker Karmas or Chevrolet Volts or even 3rd gen Prii, then it would not have been representative and illustrative of the local hybrid situation.

In any case, since it's causing confusion I will take it off.

• Like 1

The image is for illustration and representation purposes only. Newspapers and media outlets use this technique all the time. They use a representative 'stock photo'when a photo of the actual situation is not available.

And that picture - a row of 2nd gen Prii is representative of the current local hybrid situation. If I put a photo of a row of Fisker Karmas or Chevrolet Volts or even 3rd gen Prii, then it would not have been representative and illustrative of the local hybrid situation.

Ah now you are a journalist :rolleyes:

Agreed I just post it to Answer Other guys Question..

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of hybrids and sales,

i've been seeing this for quite a while, in a particular part of the island..

Mind you I will not disclose the location of the vehicle as it will be an advert.. :D

2ir9quq.jpg

282jiuw.jpg

AFAIK its a mugen tuned version :lol:

Speaking of hybrids and sales,

i've been seeing this for quite a while, in a particular part of the island..

Mind you I will not disclose the location of the vehicle as it will be an advert.. :D

2ir9quq.jpg

282jiuw.jpg

AFAIK its a mugen tuned version :lol:

Do you know where can I get Mugen Body kit for Hond Insight?

• 1 month later...

only thing that some ppl can do is complaining about everything that they see.... with or without a reason they used to complain at everything.... they are hiding behind their old stuffs and satisfying about themselves by saying that all new things are bad..... by looking at some comments made by some ppl here i cant not imagine how mentally restarted they are...

LOL

only thing that some ppl can do is complaining about everything that they see.... with or without a reason they used to complain at everything.... they are hiding behind their old stuffs and satisfying about themselves by saying that all new things are bad..... by looking at some comments made by some ppl here i cant not imagine how mentally restarted they are...

LOL

you bought a hybrid didn't ya? :)

Edited by Schiffer

My extremely biased opinion on Hybrids is this:

They are driven by "petrol hinganno" who cause traffic jams behind them on otherwise clear single lane roads by driving at 30km/h to reach their holy grail of 40km/l.

I really needed to get that off my chest.

• Like 1

LOL

like you hippie

They are driven by "petrol hinganno" who cause traffic jams behind them on otherwise clear single lane roads by driving at 30km/h to reach their holy grail of 40km/l.

:lol::lol::lol: nice one

Edited by Schiffer

LOL

It is because some people are praising things without first hand experience on SriLankan roads. Trying out something on your own is OK as long as you don't force or convince others with irrelevant data. When I say irrelevant data it is data shown by people about how hybrids perform on countries where infrastructure including consumer protection laws are really good and not in a country like SL.

For me hybrid is just another technology manufacturers are trying out to market their products by addressing some of the wishes of customers like fuel economy and greener transport similar to how carburetors, EFI, ABS, EBD etc was developed to address different needs of customers, they will have their own advantages/disadvantages and success/failure based on the context used.

Sad part is we are still not in a position to reject technologies that does not suite us since we are a very small market for auto makers.

• Like 1

LMAO.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

i wonder what is happen when say petrol hinganno to proud prius owner how he will react to that word. :D

Edited by nexus

LOL

by looking at some comments made by some ppl here i cant not imagine how mentally retarded you are :rolleyes:

never argue with a pig. It only makes you look foolish and it annoys the pig...

so little fockers it will take another decade to you guys to drive (afford) a hybrid ... so till that keep rejecting every new thing u see around ..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:alc:

Edited by sauron
  • Like 1