• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

It wasn't available for sale through the agents in Q1 in SL.

Thank you for explaining the point I was making to everyone. I don't think its needed since most of them aren't, uh.. challenged like you are, but thanks for the effort.

Today I was filling up at Flower Road fuel station, a Prius comes and stops at the next pump. give Rs. 500, pump their tank and go off. Even the attendant thopught it was funny. He said that it is common occurance with Hybrids. Rartely do they pump more than 1000 rs.

I mean, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it that bad for people who owns a 5 million rupee car????

Man drives his hybrid for six months before putting petrol in it for the very first time.........http://www.wjla.com/...ving-62766.html

do we care... i dont think anyone cares man.. the thing is i find u amusing.. so yeah keep it going.. any time the prices go down for hybrids people will buy it.. thats how the common man is...

our thing is no one in SL is out to save the world.. they are out to save them selves and save... thats it...

Today I was filling up at Flower Road fuel station, a Prius comes and stops at the next pump. give Rs. 500, pump their tank and go off. Even the attendant thopught it was funny. He said that it is common occurance with Hybrids. Rartely do they pump more than 1000 rs.

I mean, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it that bad for people who owns a 5 million rupee car????

what a shame man.. lajja nadda laksha 50 hak deela car ekak arang 500 ka petrol gahanna.. cheee chee.. shame shame.. ha ha ha...

• 4 months later...

It cannot get any uglier than this..

agreed ! what on earth is that back all about ? and the front looks way too dated and like it was cut off of an Avensis and squashed up to fit. So would this be the basis for the export/altis Corolla ? The biggest downside of this being a Hybrid and a Corolla...can you imagine the number of threads that will pop-up on AL ???

It is interesting to watch Toyota's process of Hybrid releases. They offered the new Auris in Hybrid form in Europe but not in Japan...only hybrid Camry in Japan but both variants everywhere else. Wonder why they didn't introduce the Hybrid from the launch...holding it for the mid-model refresh/facelift ?