• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

Hybrid cars don't drive exactly like the cars we've been driving for decades. For one thing, the idle-stop technology is often noticeable and can (at times) be a bit clunky. And finally, hybrid cars are just not performance cars. Not yet, anyway. Quick acceleration and blistering top speeds are not on the hybrid's list of pluses.

The hybrid car range includes SUVs. How many people really need? Role of buying a hybrid and off-road environment seems a bit illogical. Do not buy unless you absolutely can not do without good reason.

• Like 3

Haaaa i love this thread for the fact that it gives a clear differentiation of people who actually know what they are talking about from those who just dig shit up from the internet and do a simple copy paste :)

Haaaa i love this thread for the fact that it gives a clear differentiation of people who actually know what they are talking about from those who just dig shit up from the internet and do a simple copy paste :)

Quite a few lol posts indeed. :D Who the hell would buy an SUV to go properly off-the-road anyway? ;) Hybrid or not..

Quite a few lol posts indeed. :D Who the hell would buy an SUV to go properly off-the-road anyway? ;) Hybrid or not..

Someone like Cali of course... he can recharge his battery while dukata pung gahagaha.... :)

Someone like Cali of course... he can recharge his battery while dukata pung gahagaha.... :)

LoL.!!

On a relevant note, apparently Landy`s going Hybrid by 2013 : http://www.landrover.com/au/en/rr/about-land-rover/news-overview/diesel-hybrid/

I would wait at lest for two model generations to pass by before attempting a river crossing (even a shallow stream for that matter) in one of those. :D Another bait for the rich and the famous and the dumb. :D

oh and one more thing.. i dont think any self respecting driver will let a hybrid pass him.. unless he wants him to.. or he is on the phone.. or something like that...

Not very easy when its a Panamera...

Don't mean to nitpick but the LS460 is not a hybrid, only the LS600 is.

Don't mean to nitpick but the LS460 is not a hybrid, only the LS600 is.

Thanks.....I was thinking LS600hL but my fingers typed 460. I don't mean to nitpick also, but there is no LS600. There is the LS600h and LS600hL that are the hybrid versions of the LS.

Not to worry. None of the other posters above picked up on it either.

;)

LS600hL - 5.0 liter V8 Hybrid electric motor

LS600hL is a hybrid.

the post was in response to below...

Charitha's getting Prius and hybrid confused. He doesn't know that Prius = hybrid, but hybrid does not necessarily = Prius

Looks like Charitha thinks Prius and Insight are only hybrids in the world ...kind of like a kid who thinks rice and curry is the only food in the world or Ruphavani is the only TV channel in the world or squat toilet is the only type of toilet in the world...he doesn't know there are many different types and varieties of hybrids.

sorry i didnt see this post from mr nikanma nikan.. i think the others have pointed out ur flaws even before i got to this.. since i have a life i didnt see, this..

i dont this ur p***y ass priass and the insight are the only hybrids.. i have driven far more hybrids than u have p***y...

and further more... u still watch rupavahini i see... we stopped watching that junk as soon as other channels came about..

face it.. and "move bitch get out the way." i really wish i was in ur state or in SL to humiliate ur hybrid in public.. but sadly i am not.. really bummed about that.. since i am even more loud mouthed when in person....

now shut the F up and talk about how green ur hybrids are and how much fuel it will save.. at least the buyers who have this in mind will listen to ur preaching..

Thanks.....I was thinking LS600hL but my fingers typed 460.

Not to worry. None of the other posters above picked up on it either.

;)

Ohhh quite understandable, these kind of things happen to you quite often dont they :)

Ohh ohh remember the time you made that typo on how your Prius has alloy wheels ?

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 1

if i recall correctly isn't cali the one who said he have a 99% or 98% factually correct post percentage some time a go i wonder how many factually correct post he have now. :D so californikan can't tell the difference between hubcaps and alloy wheels and he was thinking about another and his fingers typed another what next?

whats with hybridders and top speed :wacko:

they have got a little hurt... trying to prove a pointless point... without sticking to what they really are for... stupid cali... feel so sorry for him.... trying so desperately to win the hearts of car enthusiasts... and every time he does.. he just digs himself a bigger hole... but must commend him on his perseverance.../

Well, you know what JC proved. A BMW M3 matching a Prius speed when the Prius is going all out is actually using less fuel coz it has far less work to do to get to and maintain that speed ;)

Peri, can you repeat that again, this time in English pls.... ;)

This is what he was on about

think this is the final nail in CAli's coffin... i will be happy to deliver the eulogy.. ... i will start with hoooo cali hoooo... hooo...

the worse part is that M3 is not only faster and better.. its economical too.. so which means the priass got its ass kicked on its home turf.. this is what i told these two idiots earlier.. its an eco car.. drive it economically.. without trying to prove stupid things.

Edited by charitha19

I think what he meant was: Impressionable young kids like Cali believe that the Prius can do anything. :D

More likely it's..........impressionable naive young kids take what Top Gear and Jeremy Clarkson says to be the truth like God himself has come down from the heavens and is making pronouncements, when in fact Top Gear is an entertainment program first and foremost, and has a history of faking tests:

Top Gear sued for faked test of Tesla Roadster - http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/mar/30/tesla-sue-top-gear

Top Gear fakes Nissan Leaf test - http://www.ev.com/knowledge-center/electric-vehicles-articles/top-gear-fakes-nissan-leaf-range-drama.html