• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

Cali, are you gay? Do you like men and boys? Do you wear make up? Do you wear your momma's panties and bras?

Look, we are not interetsed in your faggotish fanatasies with a battery powered lawn mower. Take your crap and go to some fag car site and impress the faggots there. Stop cluttering the bloody forum. Stupid dumbass.

I think he's just a gimp coming back for more and more. I mean even in that last post he simply has to throw out one more jab, albeit in parentheses this time around.

now if any of you have bought a first gen Prius when it was available here.You will ofcourse have my respect as an environmentally concious person.

Yeah well don't think that everyone who bought these 1st gen prii long before the tax cuts are environmentally concious people. Most of these people knew very little about that technology during a time when the hybrid technology was just becoming mainstream in other devoloped countries. They thought that they could save a fortune by buying a prius even after paying a premium price. I highly doubt if there's hardly any TRUE tree huggers in a country like Sri Lanka. If there is someone then my respect. It's the nature of us humans to be selfish. So paying an extra 3-4 million bucks just to conserve the environment ....well I don't think so.

Yeah well don't think that everyone who bought these 1st gen prii long before the tax cuts are environmentally concious people. Most of these people knew very little about that technology during a time when the hybrid technology was just becoming mainstream in other devoloped countries. They thought that they could save a fortune by buying a prius even after paying a premium price. I highly doubt if there's hardly any TRUE tree huggers in a country like Sri Lanka. If there is someone then my respect. It's the nature of us humans to be selfish. So paying an extra 3-4 million bucks just to conserve the environment ....well I don't think so.

come on now. dont say that ur sister cali will be hurt.. he claims he is a true tree hugger.. come on now.. come one... thats a plus point for the prius.. u must play that shit up nigga....

This has to be the single most stupidest thread I've seen on AL. First of all if people here think its cool to own a hybrid because you are making an environmental statement you couldn't have been anymore wrong. when Cameron Diaz was getting out of her 1st gen Prius, now that was cool. over 10 years down the line when people are singing songs of praise about hybrids, when some of us here experienced this sort of car either here or abroad before most people here couldn't even spell hybrid, and when millions of people around the world have already used hybrids for over a decade and established their virtues, it really isn't cool.

secondly there's no denying why you buy it. because of the tax concession you can get a car thats slightly bigger and slightly more economical than a corolla for less. its certainly not because of the environment. if it is, then like someone here said earlier all of you should have been driving around in a 1st gen prius in the late 90s.

So if all of you just stop this nonsense and admit you bought it, because its a sensible choice here at the moment for people who want just some car to get from A to B, without pretending to be some techno geeks, someone might actually sleep with you. trust me you are not fooling anyone.

and if someone from the western world sees this they'd probably die laughing because this is no worse than opening a thread to discuss the virtues of mobile phones.

• Like 6

Cali, why don't you just stick to posting articles off the web? Your opinions where you offer them are totally retarded. Or just go away.

(However, the Prius probably can outrun many cars in SL, not cause Prius is so great or fast, but because many cars in SL are old and slow, and)

See this? Mark of TRUE stupidity. Like we have said countless times, commenting on SL while living in Connecticut is stupid. Its like that buffoon Harak in Aussie.

So just go away!

Wow.. what a lot I have missed over the weekend.... :)

Actually, MD do have quite a lot of metal thrown about in his compound more than you can ever imagine.

Yes he definitely has a lot of scrap metal, tin cans and what not.

Lol yeah...maybe its cos I'm the shoutiest of the lot...

Aiyyo I've replied to this already massina...So why the sudden trolling eh?Is it cos I said your posts are just recycled posts of other members?...Truth hurts doesn't it?

I know most of the members here on A/L are very modest guys, some own super cars but don't brag, but you are one of the most arrogant self centered idiots on this forum.

You talk of "MY" collection, but how many of those cars are under your name.. ? face it dude, you are just a nobody trying to brag about what your daddy has done... having a couple of old tin cars and a few old engines you may have picked up from a junk yard in US but you talk as if you are the number one performance tuner in Sri Lanka... Yes, truth really hurts..

But you and Cali on the other hand are just cheap,poser,fake-hippy motherf*ckers. ;)

Your parents may have educated you on automotive engineering.... but sadly they seem to have missed out on the etiquette part. If I could only remember Sylvi's quote about shanty dwellers...

Wow.. what a lot I have missed over the weekend.... :)

Yes he definitely has a lot of scrap metal, tin cans and what not.

I know most of the members here on A/L are very modest guys, some own super cars but don't brag, but you are one of the most arrogant self centered idiots on this forum.

You talk of "MY" collection, but how many of those cars are under your name.. ? face it dude, you are just a nobody trying to brag about what your daddy has done... having a couple of old tin cars and a few old engines you may have picked up from a junk yard in US but you talk as if you are the number one performance tuner in Sri Lanka... Yes, truth really hurts..

Your parents may have educated you on automotive engineering.... but sadly they seem to have missed out on the etiquette part. If I could only remember Sylvi's quote about shanty dwellers...

Good god man,it took you 3 days to come back with this asinine post?the most useless troll you are...Yes MY collection of scap metal...LOL and you just recycling dumb posts made by Genex on this very thread...oh dear...double fail!!! :lol:

Good god man,it took you 3 days to come back with this asinine post?the most useless troll you are...Yes MY collection of scap metal...LOL and you just recycling dumb posts made by Genex on this very thread...oh dear...double fail!!! :lol:

ahhh that's why the post seemed familiar. So how are your "rust buckets" doing? lol. Machan, I think you should let this one go. These "pioneers" seriously get anal when someone knows more than they do.

Missed this -

Twist things however you want (and you are very good at that).

Why thank you! Actually its more a case straightening things out when you lie, but you go ahead and think of it what you will.

As to your decades thing, its once again just an opinion based on ... nothing, really. So...

(However, the Prius probably can outrun many cars in SL, not cause Prius is so great or fast, but because many cars in SL are old and slow, and)

really prius have a 134hp with atkinson cycle and 3 generation prius weight 1625kg or more when considering power to weight ratio with very common carina gt civic vi and eg8 vti can out run the prius despite how old they are and it doesn't matter how fast prius can go in a straight line when in corners it slow.

btw prius all ways will be a boring soulless car that very overrated and overhyped.

Edited by nexus

hahaha looks like my comments burt into your balls you call a brain. I still want to see your rust buckets.

I guess more and more people would really invest on Hybrids with more time to come ;)

Well..... the poll results show the same ( 86 Vs 40 votes ) , but some guys here don't like to accept reality, as clearly seen from all the ugly arguments on this thread..... careful u might get clobbered on the head with a V8

Well..... the poll results show the same ( 86 Vs 40 votes ) , but some guys here don't like to accept reality, as clearly seen from all the ugly arguments on this thread..... careful u might get clobbered on the head with a V8

So it will win a popularity contest. Doesn't mean its any good. Popularity has managed to get some two hundred something morons into Parliament too, but there are plenty of right thinking people who don't like that either. But I'm sure YOU can sing their praises all the way to the fuel shed, since you accept the reality that they raised the prices and wouldn't argue against it.

• Like 4

#1 selling car in Japan in 2011 (and 2010 and 2009), and in the top 20 in the U.S. as well as other major markets.

http://www.jcarblog....-king-in-japan/

Just happen to notice that all the cars in this list except for the Serena are compact or smaller sized cars. I guess it's something to do with the tax concessions that the Japanese government is offering. Even in real life I'v hardly seen any SUV's or larger cars on Japanese roads.