• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

listen mate u are an idiot.. no one here is anti hybrid.. no one cares if u own one or the rest of the world owns one.. its ones taste.. its good for people who want a comfortable a to b ride.. thats it.. its just that people like me will never buy one until we are forced to buy one.. even still i will surly keep a proper car hidden away to use.

and no ur prius cant match a 2500 CC engine power output yet.., maybe it will someday... sorry just not now.. and to tell u the truth a 1000 CC mini will out run a prius without even blinking..

IF THERE IS A IDIOT IN THIS FORUM THAT IS YOU;;; PERSON WHO CAN'T TAKE A THING have you ever driven a 2010-2011 model of Toyota prius? without knowing the power of the prius..... ,i have both cars when i want to have a walk i use mini, :)

what does a conservative country and an electric train have to do with people bieng anti-hybrid? You need to stop talking out of your a$$.

NOW ONLY I KNEW THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO TALKS FROM THE OTHERSIDE ,First of all learn to read english then one day come back to the forum

can someone please explain to me why these hybrid owners are such f*gs that have to whine like 12-year-old school girls everytime someone says hybrids aren't the greatest thing?

I bet this guy drives a prius too and whines at everyone who doesn't think it's great:

Edited by jdnet

IF THERE IS A IDIOT IN THIS FORUM THAT IS YOU;;; PERSON WHO CAN'T TAKE A THING have you ever driven a 2010-2011 model of Toyota prius? without knowing the power of the prius..... ,i have both cars when i want to have a walk i use mini, :)

Ohhh the prius is powerful ei ? maybe they'll feature it in the next fast and the furious movie :rolleyes:

i have both cars when i want to have a walk i use mini, :)

When i usually want to have a walk, i walk :speechless-smiley-004:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNz1itJ1pd8

Edited by NadriquE

The herd mentality that is so common with our people is at work here too.

When a pioneer does something different or innovative in SL, instead of cheering them on or admiring their courage, our people will often try to pull them down because they are breaking away from the norm. The herd mentality has been more than evident in this forum, especially with the so-called 'seniors'.

oh and for the record hybrid owners are not "pioneers." You merely purchased a used mass produced car that was previously driven by a japanese guy. You didn't create a game changing piece of technology or change the political system in a country. You merely made a buying decision on which type of automobile you would want to drive. Get off your high horse and face the reality. You are merely a consumer of a product.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 2

ok fag.. listen i have driven far more cars than u ever will. and also yes i have driven a 2010-2011 priass.. and also i was one of the first people to drive the CRZ. again u are missing the point.. no one here cares or are anti hybrid.. if all of sri lanka owns hybrids its good for us because the prices of PROPER cars will come down and we can buy them.. i frankly like the fact that the hybrids are catching up..

and NO the priass cannot outrun the mini or any other proper car.. i wish i was in SL so that i can take a leave and come and prove it to u and the other retards.. i frankly like face to face confrontations than keyboarding..

and again.. listen.. if i owned an axio or a priass.. i wouldn't go around boasting about things that the car is not. i would say things about what the car stands out for.. like fuel economy. value for money, comfortable ride.. these are the things that the priass is... u and the other morons going on about how the priass is faster and it has so much performance shows u dont know about what ur own car stands for.. frankly its not a car to boast about.. please... ...

but hybrids are a good thing for SL because with the rising fuel costs the general motorist can save some money.. but for the rest of us pure enthusiasts the priass is a far distance purchase my friend... kapish....

• Like 1

When a pioneer does something different or innovative in SL, instead of cheering them on or admiring their courage, our people will often try to pull them down because they are breaking away from the norm. The herd mentality has been more than evident in this forum, especially with the so-called 'seniors'.

Cali u know that no one here is anti hybrid.. no one cares man... people here will still have their V8's and their turbocharged cars no matter what hybrid bull shit comes... its just that people get irritated when they talk BS about what a hybrid is..

• Like 1

When a pioneer does something different or innovative in SL, instead of cheering them on or admiring their courage, our people will often try to pull them down because they are breaking away from the norm.

So are you saying we should cheer you also when you start eating from your ass and shitting from your mouth ?

I actually drove my friends newly acquired 2011 T-Spirit (1.8) Prius last week. In the Power Mode it moves comparatively better than other modes. BUT you have to floor the pedal, still high revving sound does not really matches with it's acceleration.

My friend is so thrilled about the acceleration of the PWR mode. His own words "Vidala yanawa". Didn't say anything since he's still so high abt the new ride. I'm planning to take him a round in my humble ride this Sunday. :rolleyes:

BTW...

My vote went for "SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka". It's like if MR becomes president even in the next election, that does not mean every citizen accept his wills and ways.

Edited by ash

Wait wait wait. So you claim the Prius is the top selling car in Japan and god knows where else, outselling a even a Corolla, but it is people who are against the Prius that is the "herd"?

And you call people who wanted to take advantage of a tax break pioneers? The Prius was here for years before the tax break. People who bought it BEFORE the tax break, its excusable to call pioneers.

;) Good one. Care to have another go? Or would you care to just leave and talk to some people who don't recognize your BS for what it is? You AND your kiss-ass friend.

And BTW, for the record, please learn to differentiate anti-Prius (consumer car) from Anti-Hybrid. Not the same thing.

Besides, I don't understand why it is that you can't understand that hybrids are a temporary stop gap measure until alternatives are mainstream.

• Like 2

i have both cars when i want to have a walk i use mini,

this is the first time i ever heard this are you a disabled person to use a car to walk?.or your mini is a just a body and chassis you get on to it pick it up and walk/run to your destination just like in that cartoon flintstone :)

Edited by nexus
  • Like 2

Hybrid vehicles suceed in japan USA Europe and now in srilanka , it's normal country like srilanka's some ordinary people having this anti-Hybrid sentiment coz we are very conservative, many people prefer corollas civics sunnys but in the world's old continent(Europe) hybrid vehicles are more than civic's,corolla's & sunny's

Hybrid vehicle such as third generation prius(2010) can match to a 2500 cc engine capacity car coz 1.8 litre engine +plus High power electric motor.(even world's fastest train TGV driven by electric motors) this is to give some idea to all these anti hybrid people.

You can't compare Prius 1.8l engine with the regular 4 stroke engines. As some one else said it uses modified Atkinson cycle and the 2010 Prius 1.8l generates just 98 HP only.

Although hybrid motor adds some more HP, at times it has to steal the power to charge the battery as well.