• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

No one is telling you or anyone to buy a hybrid. Reporting on something (in this case hybrids) isn't saying to people that they should be wanting them. It's just reporting.

There are petrolheads who would never buy a low-emissions hybrid, and there are treehuggers who would never buy a vehicle that pollutes the environment, even if it were a Ferrari that they could buy. That's perfectly OK. Live and let live. :D

see this is how one should behave.. not like that idiot dimshade and that other hooligan genex

No one is telling you or anyone to buy a hybrid. Reporting on something (in this case hybrids) isn't saying to people that they should be wanting them. It's just reporting.

There are petrolheads who would never buy a low-emissions hybrid, and there are treehuggers who would never buy a vehicle that pollutes the environment, even if it were a Ferrari that they could buy. That's perfectly OK. Live and let live. :D

+1

I actually like this post of yours :)

wrong.

Petrolheads are after performance, comfort, driving pleasure and hybrid or solar powered doesn't really matter.

You're making it sound like petrolheads want to pollute the environment which is not the case.

what we dont like is false experts like you pushing hybrids as if it's god's gift to motoring.

It's just a stop gap solution. nothing special in the car. Very sterile driving experience. Does a bit better than conventional cars on fuel with lower emissions. Big deal!

What were you treehuggers driving before hybrids came? bicycles?

• Like 4

Yes ripper I agree with you..

But my point is, do you afraid of rotary engines?

I'm sure you are not... So, why are you afraid of hybrid engines??

there is no such things as a "hybrid engine". It's just a conventional engine. Get your basic facts straight!

wrong.

Petrolheads are after performance, comfort, driving pleasure and hybrid or solar powered doesn't really matter.

You're making it sound like petrolheads want to pollute the environment which is not the case.

what we dont like is false experts like you pushing hybrids as if it's god's gift to motoring.

It's just a stop gap solution. nothing special in the car. Very sterile driving experience. Does a bit better than conventional cars on fuel with lower emissions. Big deal!

What were you treehuggers driving before hybrids came? bicycles?

Please read a post carefully and think about it before posting an incorrect response. And no need to be so defensive.

I didn't say ALL petrolheads would never buy a fuel efficient hybrid (such as Prius, Insight). I said SOME petrolheads.

"There are some..." means SOME not ALL. Several self-identified petrolheads on just this forum have said they will NEVER buy a hybrid even if it had performance, comfort, driving pleasure etc etc etc.

And the fact that hybrid technology is an interim solution until electric and hydrogen cars become mainstream has been said over and over on this forum. Nothing new there. I've said several times that I'd much rather be driving an electric car than a hybrid, as soon as the range issue is sorted out.

Environmentalism (treehugging) developed only a few decades ago - in response to growing pollution. Remember that the Industrial Revolution started a little over 100 years ago. Most treehuggers probably drove normal cars until the first hybrids came on the market 15 years ago.

Again, the gist of my post was "No one is telling anyone to buy a hybrid. Reporting on something (in this case hybrids) isn't saying to people that they should be wanting or buying them.

Live and let live."

ps nexus and masterdon. for a while now i have observed you two fellows over and over 'liking' posts that are totally incorrect - they have incorrect facts and/or incorrect logic.

Blindly 'liking' incorrect posts only makes it look like the two of you can't THINK either.

Sorry Prof.Google whore,I'm too busy to care what you think...I'll 'like' what I like..So please take your observation and shove it up your pri-ass...

You see unlike you I have things to do...cars to drive,bikes to ride,people to meet,houses to build,money to spend...You on the other hand have only a Prius,which is your most valuable possession...so you sit around the computer all day googling for Prius facts then posting them anonymously here...Inferiority complex indeed.

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 1

ps nexus and masterdon. for a while now i have observed you two fellows over and over 'liking' posts that are totally incorrect - they have incorrect facts and/or incorrect logic.

Blindly 'liking' incorrect posts only makes it look like the two of you can't THINK either.

here's the thing cali the rep up is introduced to stop +1 posts so i rep up a post when i like it. just like you drive a hybrid because you like it i drive a non hybrid car because i like it. and funny thing is you accusing me and MasterDon for rep up post with incorrect facts and logic then what about your good buddy MIBSrilanka who rep up most of your post whether they have right facts and logic or incorrect facts and logic?.

people shouldn't throw rocks when they live in glass houses any ways unlike you i know my car have alloy wheels not hubcaps and if not for some members you still thinking you have alloy wheels not hubcaps. :rolleyes:

Edited by nexus

Sorry Prof.Google whore,I'm too busy to care what you think...I'll 'like' what I like..So please take your observation and shove it up your pri-ass...

You see unlike you I have things to do...cars to drive,bikes to ride,people to meet,houses to build,money to spend...You on the other hand have only a Prius,which is your most valuable possession...so you sit around the computer all day googling for Prius facts then posting them anonymously here...Inferiority complex indeed.

Think what you want, but the fact remains that you are constantly agreeing with wrong information which only shows your ignorance and lack of knowledge.

here's the thing cali the rep up is introduced to stop +1 posts so i rep up a post when i like it. just like you drive a hybrid because you like it i drive a non hybrid car because i like it. and funny thing is you accusing me and MasterDon for rep up post with incorrect facts and logic then what about your good buddy MIBSrilanka who rep up most of your post whether they have right facts and logic or incorrect facts and logic?.

people shouldn't throw rocks when they live in glass houses any ways unlike you i know my car have alloy wheels not hubcaps and if not for some members you still thinking you have alloy wheels not hubcaps. :rolleyes:

As far as I know, every post of mine that MIBS has +1 has been factually correct.

And, yes, I was not correct about the Prius wheel cover. That reduced my factually correct posts score to 99.999% correct from 100% correct. Damn!

And, yes, I was not correct about the Prius wheel cover. That reduced my factually correct posts score to 99.999% correct from 100% correct. Damn!

99.999%?????

ha ha ha.... dude... you want to sound like a prius expert...you googled so many charts and graphs and go into arguments with people who actually know there cars inside out. And things like hub caps are like not even in the equation...

For you to talk all that big and then to find out you don't even know whether your own car has hub caps or not is just bloody hillarious.

As for your accuracy... not knowing something simple like that puts it a lot low than that figure

It's not like you not knowing some wiring thing on the whole synergy drive business.

Its a bloody hub cap...anybody who had even washed their cars should know that. Maybe not a google expert like you though

• Like 3

As far as I know, every post of mine that MIBS has +1 has been factually correct.

No that reduces your factually correct posts score to 0.00001% cause this is an automotive enthusiast forum and you are suppose to know these little facts about your car if you are so passionate about them.

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 2

I didn't say ALL petrolheads would never buy a fuel efficient hybrid (such as Prius, Insight). I said SOME petrolheads.

"There are some..." means SOME not ALL. Several self-identified petrolheads on just this forum have said they will NEVER buy a hybrid even if it had performance, comfort, driving pleasure etc etc etc.

Live and let live."

Well dont know about you but i didn't see "petrolheads" in this forum insisting that their cars always has to be gas guzzlers.

In fact many people love cars like the teslas.

I don't google hybrids enough to know about hybrid supercars but chances are, those are there. If the cars have enough factors that a drivers car should have, i don't think any petrolheads here would diss it

Can you please name these "Several self-identified petrolheads" who have said they will never by a hybrid even if it offered performance, driving pleasure and what not?

And on the live and let live thing... aren't you contradicting yourself when you try to go after those people who have repped up my post???

Its their decision and not yours innit?

Nobody slammed your hybrid friend who almost reps up every pro-hybrid post?

• Like 1

Well dont know about you but i didn't see "petrolheads" in this forum insisting that their cars always has to be gas guzzlers.

Correct. I don't recall anyone on this forum saying their cars have to be gas guzzlers either.

Can you please name these "Several self-identified petrolheads" who have said they will never by a hybrid even if it offered performance, driving pleasure and what not?

See below. Btw, they are well aware of the high performance hybrids and of course have every right to their opinion.

no matter how much we explain to these hybrid idiots that we don't want a hybrid it seems like its so hard to believe for them... it not like we reject the technology.. its just that we dont want one...

No one is afraid of hybrids, we just dont want one. In the same sense that i like sharks but i dont want one :rolleyes:

Nobody slammed your hybrid friend who almost reps up every pro-hybrid post?

If anyone wants to go at them, they can. I just deal with the posts that directly reply to mine.

And on the live and let live thing... aren't you contradicting yourself when you try to go after those people who have repped up my post???Its their decision and not yours innit?

I went at them because they have repped post after post (all of these posts replied to my posts) that are factually wrong. Not opinion, but factually wrong information. BTW, me going at them is nothing personal at you.

Think what you want, but the fact remains that you are constantly agreeing with wrong information which only shows your ignorance and lack of knowledge.

ohhh boo hoo

and once again....

]

snapback.pngcharitha19, on 15 October 2011 - 03:03 AM, said:

no matter how much we explain to these hybrid idiots that we don't want a hybrid it seems like its so hard to believe for them... it not like we reject the technology.. its just that we dont want one...

snapback.pngThe Stig, on 15 October 2011 - 01:45 AM, said:

No one is afraid of hybrids, we just dont want one. In the same sense that i like sharks but i dont want one :rolleyes:

Cali

well mate...i dont see either Charitha or Stig slamming high performance hybrids, if there are any and i do admit... i aint a hybrid expert.

Within the context, these boys are talking about the mainstream hybrids like the Prius or the Insight.

I'm sure those two can clarify if needed.

• Like 1

said who only you saying that your post are factually correct cali and when was the last time you actually help someone here?.

LMAO... you have a 99.999% correct posts score yeah right then toyota sucks right about toyota been sucks and pigs will fly.

There are petrolheads who would never buy a low-emissions hybrid, and there are treehuggers who would never buy a vehicle that pollutes the environment, even if it were a Ferrari that they could buy. That's perfectly OK. Live and let live. biggrin.gif

Would any of the treehugers who brag about the environmental savings here buy a hybrid or even know about one if the tax didn't decrease for them,

said who only you saying that your post are factually correct cali and when was the last time you actually help someone here?.

LMAO... you have a 99.999% correct posts score yeah right then toyota sucks right about toyota been sucks and pigs will fly.

I was being tongue in cheek. (but btw, mathematically one incorrect post out of 500+ posts is 99.99% correct.)