• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

This is just a beginning..... More than ten years of presence means, hybrids are going to stay in this planet including Sri Lanka.

Hybrids are succeeded than the Wankel Rotary engine... But, are we afraid to buy a Mazda RX8...?

first off rotary engines are about performance cause they give 3 time more power than a similar displacement conventional engine, comparing hybrids with rotaries is like comparing Halle Berry with Serena Williams i.e simply moronic

Ten years from now we will all be driving hydrogen and ev powered cars, not high-bread cars :rolleyes:

Meny people in Sri Lanka (NOT ALL) buy 15 year old BMW or Alfa just because they are cheap. NOT because of they are good cars. But after buying that they act like the first owner of that car, and laugh at Japanese cars. I think buying a Maruti 800 or a TATA Nano is more decent than that.

Or buy a Micro.... So you can laugh at all other cars.... because you have a car made in Sri Lanka......

Elaborate more on why Euro cars are inferior to others, us stupid,foolish and poor people dont understand these things. :popkorn::popkorn::blush:

By the way, I suggest that just for fun you go for a test drive in a Prius or Insight and just for fun try going for max kmpl using the fuel computer to coach you. It would be in the same way you would go for your personal best max score on a video game.

You just might find out that saving the planet is more satisfying than driving a supercar.

toyota-prius-display.jpg

when hybrid idiots are getting their personal best on kmpl figures by hogging the road hypermiling, the vehicle pile up behind them is actually putting out more emissions than the hybrid is saving.

I have had to push aside quite a few hybrid petrol "hingannas" off the right side lane to the left where they truly belong.

Sometime ago it used to be the smaller cars like marutis who were the favorite right lane hoggers... and now it's clearly the hybrids.

• Like 1

I am that person,. I have both a 1997 BMW AND and 1996 Alfa 164 parked in the garage next to a brand new 2007 FIAT Punto. (Combined value of a single NZT260 Premio... :) but immeasurably more pleasurable to own and drive)

Will I EVER buy another Toyota again? Nope. Will I EVER buy another Honda? Probably not. (I had a '87 Accord). Will I ever buy a Nissan? AS long as it will be another P11 or a Skyline/GTR. YES!! Will I ever buy a Hybrid? NOPE.

Lets not even discuss INDIAN CARS here.... Indians do not make cars for drivers, they make cars for people who just graduated from riding bullock carts. No offense.

I did not buy the BMW E39 or the Alfa V6, becasue they were cheap. I bought them becasue they have behind them a history. Alfa was building cars since 1910. BMW has been making cars since 1928. I bought them because as a school kid I dreamt of owning them one day. I bought them because were built by people who loved cars. Who had a a passion to make cars that people love to live with. They don't build cars for people who are thinking of resale values or KMPLs or some dumb ass cheapo who counts pennies and measures the milk that they feed their children.

Both my cars were single owner cars. Those in AL who has seen them both will attest to the fact the love and attention that has gone to keep those cars running after all these years. Unlike you stupid morons who are experts on cars because of google, or just becasue they go to CAr Shows and sit inside the exhibits and read the leaflet, I have been owning driving cars for the last 20 years. And that 20 years have included cars as diverse as a Corona 170, 2 Mazda 323 Interplays, a Mazda 626, a Legacy GTB Wagon, a Ford T Bird, a TransAm, a Accord, a Platz, a N16, a 121, a P11, a Ford Courier Pickup truck, a BMW E36 and now the BMW E39, the Fiat and the Alfa. Am I suffering any more or any less than you monkeys who drive Jap and Indian cars? Not quite. Do I worry about selling my car and lose sleep over the falling prices? No. Do I worry about the Kmpls my cars does? Only if the warning light comes on and I'm not near a fuel station.

Do I give a shit about what a Google Expert think about my choices in cars? Nope. :)

So please, spare us the bullshit that you morons are spewing about who knows what about what car.

owned! :)

By the way, I suggest that just for fun you go for a test drive in a Prius or Insight and just for fun try going for max kmpl using the fuel computer to coach you. It would be in the same way you would go for your personal best max score on a video game.

You just might find out that saving the planet is more satisfying than driving a supercar.

toyota-prius-display.jpg

The difference is that when I aim for a best high score on the xbox, I don't make myself a nuisance to those around me (except maybe for the significant other who calls me at the most inopportune moments during a Red Dead Redemption raid).

Most hybrid drivers attempt this at the cost of other peoples' time and money by crawling along at a snail's pace.

When EFI first came here all made a big noise just like this. But at that time there was no web forums. Mainly "Bas" at the nearest garage made that hoax. And same thing to Automatic gear boxes.

Think where are we now....?

This is just a beginning..... More than ten years of presence means, hybrids are going to stay in this planet including Sri Lanka.

Hybrids are succeeded than the Wankel Rotary engine... But, are we afraid to buy a Mazda RX8...?

Every manufacturer is producing and expanding there hybrid production..... So.... this tree hugger thing could be a air borne viral decease.

I must say one thing.....

Meny people in Sri Lanka (NOT ALL) buy 15 year old BMW or Alfa just because they are cheap. NOT because of they are good cars. But after buying that they act like the first owner of that car, and laugh at Japanese cars. I think buying a Maruti 800 or a TATA Nano is more decent than that.

Or buy a Micro.... So you can laugh at all other cars.... because you have a car made in Sri Lanka......

Leonardo DiCaprio (Titanic, Inception etc, and Hollywoods most famous tree hugger)

*Facepalm*

ok, before any of this, i admit that i was a lot skeptical about BMW's and Alfa's or most of the euro's because of purely what others said about them

without ever owning one, or driving at least driving one. after driving few it changed my perspective of euro's.

and judging by what you said Dinuk, i doubt weather you ever even driven one before.

FYI, most people doesn't buy a car for technological advancement and petrol higanakama.

most of us buy cars for the driving pleasure.

about the wankel rotary engine. that is "Koheda yanne, malle pol"

:)

When EFI first came here all made a big noise just like this. But at that time there was no web forums. Mainly "Bas" at the nearest garage made that hoax. And same thing to Automatic gear boxes.

Think where are we now....?

Every manufacturer is producing and expanding there hybrid production..... So.... this tree hugger thing could be a air borne viral decease.

I must say one thing.....

spot on..... :lol:

I am that person,. I have both a 1997 BMW AND and 1996 Alfa 164 parked in the garage next to a brand new 2007 FIAT Punto. (Combined value of a single NZT260 Premio... :) but immeasurably more pleasurable to own and drive)

Will I EVER buy another Toyota again? Nope. Will I EVER buy another Honda? Probably not. (I had a '87 Accord). Will I ever buy a Nissan? AS long as it will be another P11 or a Skyline/GTR. YES!! Will I ever buy a Hybrid? NOPE.

Lets not even discuss INDIAN CARS here.... Indians do not make cars for drivers, they make cars for people who just graduated from riding bullock carts. No offense.

I did not buy the BMW E39 or the Alfa V6, becasue they were cheap. I bought them becasue they have behind them a history. Alfa was building cars since 1910. BMW has been making cars since 1928. I bought them because as a school kid I dreamt of owning them one day. I bought them because were built by people who loved cars. Who had a a passion to make cars that people love to live with. They don't build cars for people who are thinking of resale values or KMPLs or some dumb ass cheapo who counts pennies and measures the milk that they feed their children.

Both my cars were single owner cars. Those in AL who has seen them both will attest to the fact the love and attention that has gone to keep those cars running after all these years. Unlike you stupid morons who are experts on cars because of google, or just becasue they go to CAr Shows and sit inside the exhibits and read the leaflet, I have been owning driving cars for the last 20 years. And that 20 years have included cars as diverse as a Corona 170, 2 Mazda 323 Interplays, a Mazda 626, a Legacy GTB Wagon, a Ford T Bird, a TransAm, a Accord, a Platz, a N16, a 121, a P11, a Ford Courier Pickup truck, a BMW E36 and now the BMW E39, the Fiat and the Alfa. Am I suffering any more or any less than you monkeys who drive Jap and Indian cars? Not quite. Do I worry about selling my car and lose sleep over the falling prices? No. Do I worry about the Kmpls my cars does? Only if the warning light comes on and I'm not near a fuel station.

Do I give a shit about what a Google Expert think about my choices in cars? Nope. :)

So please, spare us the bullshit that you morons are spewing about who knows what about what car.

first no body said hybrid is expensive , superb or having a hybrid is a luxurious thing.. if so i feel sorry about those...

why do u own a 07 FIAT Punto ??? u should own sm old junk and be happy ?? and by considering the effort u put to reply to the comment i really really feel sorry about u and the rest of u r gang. May be u guys should have a group called losers of Junk Lanka ... i really enjoyed the show .... most of u guys are heroes behind keyboards... just useless junks ... LOL :D

first no body said hybrid is expensive , superb or having a hybrid is a luxurious thing.. if so i feel sorry about those...

why do u own a 07 FIAT Punto ??? u should own sm old junk and be happy ?? and by considering the effort u put to reply to the comment i really really feel sorry about u and the rest of u r gang. May be u guys should have a group called losers of Junk Lanka ... i really enjoyed the show .... most of u guys are heroes behind keyboards... just useless junks ... LOL :D

ane weren't you the one who said. people don't buy hybrids because they cant afford them :rolleyes::action-smiley-060:

im sorry but that was such a lame comeback man :)

Considering that no one gives a rats ass about what you say or think or feel, I do feel sorry about you... :)

I bet you are hit with the boys in your neighbourhood on your 3 speed chopper... :)

so you are back hippie this mean mentally restart fail again sad any ways this time try run into truck or big tata bus see if it's can mentally restart you. :)

or btw it's better to be a member of losers of junk lanka than hybrids petrol higanno hippie's gay group(the group you in).

Troll alert.. Nothing to see here... move along :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Your standard for manliness was Leo DiCrap-io? :) Probably 2nd place place in the "that dude must be gay" list in Hollywood after Tom Cruise. And you said seducer of ...

Dude, I'd have been more impressed even if you said Hugh Hefner. Leo? Really? :rolleyes::) Aaaaalrighty then.

Not manliness. I never said that.

see below

Cali,

Using DeCaprio for this comparison is like saying Mike Tyson is tough because his teeth are white.

I'll give you the fact that he's an Environmentalist but to say he's getting all that poontang is because of his Prius maybe stretching it a wee bit.

He could ride a skateboard barefooted with a bell dangling from his tennis balls and he'll still get all the women he's getting now. Highly doubt they are hanging out with a movie star for what he drives. Besides, most of those women wouldn't know what a Prius is from their ass anyway.

What you wrote above is not what I said. I never said he gets women BECAUSE he drives a Prius or women want him BECAUSE he drives a Prius (those would be ridiculous statements). What I said was the exact opposite.

I said the dude is a movie star, famous, super rich, has sex with all the women he wants to, and can drive any car he wants to. Yet, even though he could drive any car he wants to, he chooses to drive a Prius as his everyday car and has done so for years.

As you know this is not that unusual in the States. There are plenty of very wealthy people who could buy and drive a very expensive fast powerful car, but they choose instead to buy and drive a Prius because it is low-emissions and environmentally friendly.

• Like 1