• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Ek3

clc

EK3 ViRS came in White and Dark Purple and Silver..... at least all the EK3 ViRS I have seen, cannot recall ever seeing a black one.

Ventilated disks on all 4 ? quite surprising upgrade as the RS anyway has 4 discs which is good enough, my guess is its a modified Vi . Got any pics, will let you know for sure.

@nexus - Hey Thanks a lot man that's just valuable info :) the price is the issue i have too. exterior he has newly painted it (black color) no signs of accidents n repairs etc, alloys changed as well not the normal virs alloys you see on other models.

engine bay is in pristine condition, only mod i saw was the K&N cone air filter, boot also seems to be in order... didn't see any rust or damages on being rear ended from behind... of course i saw it under a garage will have to take it out and have a closer inspection. front windscreen beeding was mis-shape which i thought was a result of the new paint (according to the book its a black car so no change) no rust on the beeding as well. there was a beat barrel too.

interior dashboard and upholsters were in very good order for a car that's gone 132k on clock (of course i didn't keep stock on that clock reading to be true but does seem to be valid on 1st glance) there were two meter clusters for volt etc. (one under the ash tray and the other on the driver side pillar) AC was good nothing wrong there. seats were in good order as well. In front (driver side) the roof lining was a bit removed not much of an issue i guess. had a good solid start also idling at 1000rpm. it had a 5speed gear nob black color. how can u identify if this is the original anyways?

anyway to know whether this is a conversion or not? signs that i should look out for?

appreciate your help...and thanks again

take a look at these pictures this is how a original vi-rs gear knob looks

4qECe.jpg

bGzxn.jpg

to find it's a converted one or not first look at the steering manual vi-rs steering wheel don't have D S1 S2 buttons on steering wheel and meter cluster docent have multimatic gear indicator bulbs the easiest way i found so far to find it's a converted one or not is by looking at cars weight if it's a original manual vi-rs 1070kg is the cars weight.

here is a picture of the meter cluster

3cVLW.jpg

and if this car is a original manual vi-rs i think the reasonable price will be 2.45 mill considering all the upgrades it got and assuming car is in very good condition but finding original manual vi-rs is next to impossible.

@CARBON B4 there is all so gun metallic color vi-rs too and i have heard there are red vi-rs as well but i too never seen a black color vi-rs so far i agree with you standard 4 brake disk in vi rs is enough for the car.

Thanks guys will let you know 2mrw what the out come is... but i think the gear knob did look like that too... there were no buttons on the steering wheel if so i would have not bothered even :) i'm not a fan of people who ruin the already decent ride.

any how i hope i didnt stumble across a converted one... will see by 2mrw

Hi Friends,

i recently bought a hinda civic ek3, though it is supposed to be economical in petrol, mine does approx 8 kmpl. when i put it through the computer analysis, my car runs on open loop full time though all the sensors are working, but the oxygen reading shows 101.7 (it is supposed to 50 - 100). Please advice on what is wrong and what can be done to improve on its effeciency.

Thanks and regards

Hi Friends, i recently bought a hinda civic ek3, though it is supposed to be economical in petrol, mine does approx 8 kmpl. when i put it through the computer analysis, my car runs on open loop full time though all the sensors are working, but the oxygen reading shows 101.7 (it is supposed to 50 - 100). Please advice on what is wrong and what can be done to improve on its effeciency. Thanks and regards

8 Kmpl IS economical...

first of all congratulations on your buy what is the trim of your car is it a Mi Exi vi si or vi-rs is it manual of auto? i read some were that car runs on open loop full time because of some sensor problem check them again dude i think it's best you take it to the agents.

Hi Friends,

i recently bought a hinda civic ek3, though it is supposed to be economical in petrol, mine does approx 8 kmpl. when i put it through the computer analysis, my car runs on open loop full time though all the sensors are working, but the oxygen reading shows 101.7 (it is supposed to 50 - 100). Please advice on what is wrong and what can be done to improve on its effeciency.

Thanks and regards

First of all I think in average conditions EK3 Exi should do 10-12Kmpl and Vi/Vti models should do around 12/13Kmpl. So I guess you are getting low fuel efficiency in your car. And problem must be that your car runs open loop all the time. Once engine heated up it should use O2 sensor readings to get correct fuel ratio which is called closed loop if i'm not mistaken. (there was a thread in A/L too on this topic).If your car running open loop all the time, which means ECU recognize engine is cold and do not take O2 sensor readings.There are several sensors, but do not know if all these sensors give inputs between closed/open loop run.O2 sensor / ECT (coolant temperature sensor) IAT (intake air temperature). These sensors can malfunction even without giving error codes some times. Better test them one by one.

Hey guys finally got the pics. let me know what your ideas are... drove the car was k... btw the gears a shortshift so it was a bit odd driving this

http://s271.photobuc...uditha420/virs/

some of your pictures are not very clear any way seems to me it's an original vi-rs manual to me did you check the cars weight?

weight seems to be in order as well... but how can you make a car shortshift gears? is there any bad side effects on this. its a whole knew fish when u drive the car for the 1st time... felt totally out coz kept on thinking the gears didnt engage

http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj148/muditha420/virs/

Edited by Muditha420

If the original badge with chessy number says Type- ViRS it should be an original. So you can verify the papers to make sure its original manual ViRS. Is it in a car sale? If so the paint may got some touch ups. Better check engine, suspension parts etc, before you make decision.

btw i got some info says that using a shortshifter would greatly worn the engine down since the engine wasn't designed to be used in that manner.plus some info on the net says in time this might not engage the gears properly. these modifications might end up pretty badly if things go wrong....this is the whole issue i have.

yeah he said it had faded paint and some patches on the bonnet so painted the front and doors and left the back coz of badges not being able to remove. shocks seemed to be pretty stiff coz went on a uneven road.

i think safer bet is to take it to the agent

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys...thank you for all the help n info but sadly enough i ditched the idea on buying that... prefer to buy a VI-RS that doesn't seem like its been rapped for no apparent reason, there has to be some reason for all these mods... and hv to use the car for sometime to actually find out what might have caused all those internal stuff to change from stock to mods... so m sticking to basics.

so thanks again :)