• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Ek3

clc

Thanks for the advice.....

I recently change the CVT fluid and then no issues came for about 2,3 weeks. After while its happening again. i asked from few mechanics including agent none of them in a position to take lower valve body clean. cause they said that it may get worse so they cant get responsibility.

then they are not mechanics. no one can guarantee the outcome but they should try it if you are willing to accept whatever the outcome.

dude,know the facts before you comment. virs started from late 1998.

Dude, not disputing that the ViRS was produced from late 1998. (September onwards I think) But since you know all the facts- does this particular car have 1998 listed as the year of manufacture in the book?

Thanks for the advice.....

I recently change the CVT fluid and then no issues came for about 2,3 weeks. After while its happening again. i asked from few mechanics including agent none of them in a position to take lower valve body clean. cause they said that it may get worse so they cant get responsibility.

go to U*ul or W*s*ntha you can get it done. if you need the address's you can go to the Honda Club site and get it. good luck...

S1 & S2 is to toggle between normal drive and sports mode. And multimatic is another name for CVT by honda.

And CLC i suggest you to take it to stafford and stay away from Magcity for mechanical and engine relatad matters.

I guess you need to see if you have proper ViRS gear box, ECU changed or remapped correctly to manual gear box, etc. (assuming you have original auto converted to manual)

Can any honda expert comment that do we really have original ViRS with manual transmission? I've never come across any manual, but only heard those are rare to find?

YES there is Manual Virs

Dude, not disputing that the ViRS was produced from late 1998. (September onwards I think) But since you know all the facts- does this particular car have 1998 listed as the year of manufacture in the book?

yes friend. :) and my manual vi with english plates rear crystal was manufactured in 1998. that was imported from uk in 2003 for a blue permit.and the book says 1998! i know a lot of people think it was given a face lift.

Edited by evergreen

yes friend. :) and my manual vi with english plates rear crystal was manufactured in 1998. that was imported from uk in 2003 for a blue permit.and the book says 1998! i know a lot of people think it was given a face lift.

Cool :)

cat is out of the bag!! your car must have been converted from an auto a manual. whoever who did that has left the original steering with the shifter buttons. dude, look at your meter panel carefully, you will most likely see the auto gear position indicator too.

this is my VI RS meter panel,here how can i find its converted auto to manual

this is my VI RS meter panel,here how can i find its converted auto to manual :o

See that dark colored stripe between the fuel gauge and temp gauge? That`s where the auto gear indicators go.

this is my VI RS meter panel,here how can i find its converted auto to manual

Few questions coming to my mind.. didn't you took someone who is more knowledgeable about cars before buy this on your own? And what did seller said.. this is original manual ViRS? who is the seller? :angry-smiley-024:

Any way what is done is done.. what are the current issues you have in this car? Has the conversion done properly?

where can i buy honda civic ek3 rs front bumper,what is the cost of that one

delkanda would be the best bet. i dont think you can find it in else where. these items are very rare now adays.

delkanda would be the best bet. i dont think you can find it in else where. these items are very rare now adays.

delkanda also i search,but very difficult to find it.or else where can i check

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Guys need a little info... how much would a M/TVIRS cost? would appreciate if could give your ideas....Thanks

it will cost more than multimatic gear one afaik it's between 2.2 mill and 2.35 mill if it's a original manual transmission one.

@nexus...hmm saw one recently. had a look around and it seems it was in good nick but he has fitted K&N cone air filter, Cross drilled ventilated disks (all four) + plus some meter clusters etc... asking for 25.5laks.... which i find it to be a very hefty price. specially when can opt for a ES3 RS advertised on AL....

Any idea on how much i should offer on this :)

Thanks

@nexus...hmm saw one recently. had a look around and it seems it was in good nick but he has fitted K&N cone air filter, Cross drilled ventilated disks (all four) + plus some meter clusters etc... asking for 25.5laks.... which i find it to be a very hefty price. specially when can opt for a ES3 RS advertised on AL....

Any idea on how much i should offer on this :)

Thanks

wow 25.5mill is to much for vi-rs no matter how many upgrades it's got. how is the cars interior and exterior condition does it have the original gear knob? how was the exterior is it rice up or in original condition and how is the paint show what is the yom?

btw make sure it's a original vi-rs manual car because when i was in search for one i come across few converted ones i only seen three original manual vi-rs's so far

p.s yes you can buy a es3 civic RS for that kind a price but the problem is vi-rs is comes with front double wishbone suspension es3 RS is comes with macpherson strut therefore vi-rs is handling is better than es3 RS and vi-rs is more fuel economical than es3 RS and spare parts are cheaper.

@nexus - Hey Thanks a lot man that's just valuable info :) the price is the issue i have too. exterior he has newly painted it (black color) no signs of accidents n repairs etc, alloys changed as well not the normal virs alloys you see on other models.

engine bay is in pristine condition, only mod i saw was the K&N cone air filter, boot also seems to be in order... didn't see any rust or damages on being rear ended from behind... of course i saw it under a garage will have to take it out and have a closer inspection. front windscreen beeding was mis-shape which i thought was a result of the new paint (according to the book its a black car so no change) no rust on the beeding as well. there was a beat barrel too.

interior dashboard and upholsters were in very good order for a car that's gone 132k on clock (of course i didn't keep stock on that clock reading to be true but does seem to be valid on 1st glance) there were two meter clusters for volt etc. (one under the ash tray and the other on the driver side pillar) AC was good nothing wrong there. seats were in good order as well. In front (driver side) the roof lining was a bit removed not much of an issue i guess. had a good solid start also idling at 1000rpm. it had a 5speed gear nob black color. how can u identify if this is the original anyways?

anyway to know whether this is a conversion or not? signs that i should look out for?

appreciate your help...and thanks again