• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Ek3

clc

DEAR fRIENDS,

WHEN I BOUGHT HONDA CIVIC EK3 VI RS FOR MANUAL,NOW I PLAN TO CHANGE THE GEAR BOX TO AUTO,WHAT ABOUT IT,PLZ ADVICE ME.OR ELSE WHERE CAN I BUY A AUTO GEAR BOX,WHERE CAN I FIXED IT.

THANKS

REGARDS

RAVI :alc:

DEAR fRIENDS,

WHEN I BOUGHT HONDA CIVIC EK3 VI RS FOR MANUAL,NOW I PLAN TO CHANGE THE GEAR BOX TO AUTO,WHAT ABOUT IT,PLZ ADVICE ME.OR ELSE WHERE CAN I BUY A AUTO GEAR BOX,WHERE CAN I FIXED IT.

THANKS

REGARDS

dude, i cannot nderstand why on earth you want to convert this awesme manual machine to an auto? and it not just the gearbox. you need the ecu as well. i doubt you would find all the parts you need. better live with the manual. or you sell that and buy an auto.

• Like 4

DEAR fRIENDS,

THANKS

REGARDS

why on earth you want to do that dude manual virs are very hard to find and it cost a lot to do a converting as evergreen pointed out the best option is for you is to sale it or exchange it with a auto one.

Edited by nexus

As you can see, there might be many enthusiasts wanting to buy your manual, so it might be easier just to sell the manual and buy an automatic.

Also converting the car to auto is not as simple as buying an auto gear box. You will also need to find the gearbox ECU, wiring loom, gear level assembly, upholstry and trim that house the auto selector assembly, and possibly a new indicator panel in the dashboard, which indicates the current gear (this of course is optional).

• Like 2

dude, i cannot nderstand why on earth you want to convert this awesme manual machine to an auto? and it not just the gearbox. you need the ecu as well. i doubt you would find all the parts you need. better live with the manual. or you sell that and buy an auto.

:violent-smiley-030:

thanks for the advice

why on earth you want to do that dude manual virs are very hard to find and it cost a lot to do a converting as evergreen pointed out the best option is for you is to sale it or exchange it with a auto one.

i am not going to sale it.any way thanks for the advice

As you can see, there might be many enthusiasts wanting to buy your manual, so it might be easier just to sell the manual and buy an automatic.

Also converting the car to auto is not as simple as buying an auto gear box. You will also need to find the gearbox ECU, wiring loom, gear level assembly, upholstry and trim that house the auto selector assembly, and possibly a new indicator panel in the dashboard, which indicates the current gear (this of course is optional).

dude thanks for the advice & reply

Yep and also Vi-RS has the mulitimatic gear box also the S1,S2 switches located in steering wheel. And as said manual ViRS is the most rare model in EK3 i guess. Even I would consider getting a manual one if possible.

If you really want to go for auto ViRS best option is to sell your car and get well maintained auto ViRS one to two laks below the amount you sell. And it will save you lot of money, time and possible ruined up car if not done properly.

Yep and also Vi-RS has the mulitimatic gear box also the S1,S2 switches located in steering wheel. And as said manual ViRS is the most rare model in EK3 i guess. Even I would consider getting a manual one if possible.

If you really want to go for auto ViRS best option is to sell your car and get well maintained auto ViRS one to two laks below the amount you sell. And it will save you lot of money, time and possible ruined up car if not done properly.

in my vi rs,S1,S2 switchers are there,but it's not function,where can i full check up with my car,and if the witch are not working what's the reason for it.e

which place is good for full check up stafford or mag city.

in my vi rs,S1,S2 switchers are there,but it's not function,where can i full check up with my car,and if the witch are not working what's the reason for it.e

which place is good for full check up stafford or mag city.

cat is out of the bag!! your car must have been converted from an auto a manual. whoever who did that has left the original steering with the shifter buttons. dude, look at your meter panel carefully, you will most likely see the auto gear position indicator too.

cat is out of the bag!! your car must have been converted from an auto a manual. whoever who did that has left the original steering with the shifter buttons. dude, look at your meter panel carefully, you will most likely see the auto gear position indicator too.

there is a another possibility maybe previous owner have change the steering wheel. :unsure:

S1 & S2 is to toggle between normal drive and sports mode. And multimatic is another name for CVT by honda.

And CLC i suggest you to take it to stafford and stay away from Magcity for mechanical and engine relatad matters.

I guess you need to see if you have proper ViRS gear box, ECU changed or remapped correctly to manual gear box, etc. (assuming you have original auto converted to manual)

Can any honda expert comment that do we really have original ViRS with manual transmission? I've never come across any manual, but only heard those are rare to find?

Hi guys,

Is there possibility of converting VIRS auto to manual. I also hav AIRS auto with multimatic but expressing jump-up problem until engine get heat.

How much will it cost for me?

S1 & S2 is to toggle between normal drive and sports mode. And multimatic is another name for CVT by honda.

And CLC i suggest you to take it to stafford and stay away from Magcity for mechanical and engine relatad matters.

I guess you need to see if you have proper ViRS gear box, ECU changed or remapped correctly to manual gear box, etc. (assuming you have original auto converted to manual)

Can any honda expert comment that do we really have original ViRS with manual transmission? I've never come across any manual, but only heard those are rare to find?

yes. there were a quite a few..including one that i drove for few months which had GC plates. it was a late 1998 manual virs. belongs to a friend of mine.

Hi guys,

Is there possibility of converting VIRS auto to manual. I also hav AIRS auto with multimatic but expressing jump-up problem until engine get heat.

How much will it cost for me?

anyway you will soon have to replace your gear box.

As u've seem to be familiar vit da prob what is da best solution dat I cud get?

replace the CVT fluid and get the lower valve body cleaned by a good mechanic. if this doesnt sort out the issue, you will have to replace the gearbox. dont try to convert this to manul. this is a cumbersome process and you may not find all the spares you may need. so better stik to auto. sell and go for a manual if you really need to go for a manual.

thanks machan for the valuable advice

replace the CVT fluid and get the lower valve body cleaned by a good mechanic. if this doesnt sort out the issue, you will have to replace the gearbox. dont try to convert this to manul. this is a cumbersome process and you may not find all the spares you may need. so better stik to auto. sell and go for a manual if you really need to go for a manual.

Thanks for the advice.....

I recently change the CVT fluid and then no issues came for about 2,3 weeks. After while its happening again. i asked from few mechanics including agent none of them in a position to take lower valve body clean. cause they said that it may get worse so they cant get responsibility.