• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Maruti 800 Engine-Tune Up

luckey007

Question

Hi all,

My wife is using a Maruti 800.I have replaced the all drive belts(including timing belt)at odometer hits 50000km(sparking plugs also replaced at this time). Now odo reads 51000km.Once I was driving it I noticed its bit lazier in acceleration and stucked in a steep slope.(I was using M800 previously & it was not like this even odo at 89000km.Once I smoked a vitz(needless to say auto transmission )in a casual drag)She is servicing it at Udawat*a Motors at Maharagama & when she put it to regular maintenance there, asked about this. Then they have asked whether T belt is replaced and requested to do a tune up. Further they said while tuning up they use a special fuel so fuel circuit also will clean. Charge is 6500LKR.

Furthermore this car is having a slightly large balloon size tires added by previous owner.Handling is not a problem as they rarely exceed 50kmph. :)

1.Will engine tune up will fix my problem?

2.Whats this special fuel?

3.Is engine tuneup is a regular maintenance or not?(If regular whats the interval)

4.This car's fuel consumption is slightly higher for M800. Is it due to engine fault or a visual effect due to the tires?(Don't bash me as a fuel-maniac :unsure: )

5.Do you have any experience with this garage. How are they?How reasonable the charge is?

6.If you can recommend a better joint it will also be highly appreciated.

Please reply to my question paper and sorry for the longer post.Your ideas will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheerz. :rolleyes:

P.S-The car is EFI model.And a lady-friendly garage will be more appropriate.

9 answers to this question

first of all..i'm pretty sure the vitz that got beaten to an 800 was either in poor mechanical state, had a horrid driver or simply wasn't interested to race an 800.

even with an auto box i don't see why a vitz can't beat the snot out of an 800 :D

1. maybe maybe not. "engine tuneup" is a bit misguided. most folks only cleanup the fuel system(efi or carb), plugs, air filter, sensors etc

If you problem is due to any of the above mentioned areas a tune up might sort you out

2. afaik, there is no special fuel. they would either add a fuel system cleaner like wurth to your fuel tank and run your car, use a 3m injector/tbody cleaning canister or manually clean the tbody, injectors, If it's carb model car they will clean the carb.

3. it is and you should at least do it once a year. i used to have fuel system cleaner in the tank twice an year. get a manual cleaning done once an year.

if i notice any issues before that period i would attend to it as and when needed

4. If you haven't done an efi system cleanup in a while. fuel efficiency can suffer a bit. also change your air filter every other service if possible. personally, i don't believe in "cleaning" the air filter with compressed air.

can't comment on the other two :)

first of all..i'm pretty sure the vitz that got beaten to an 800 was either in poor mechanical state, had a horrid driver or simply wasn't interested to race an 800.

even with an auto box i don't see why a vitz can't beat the snot out of an 800 :D

1. maybe maybe not. "engine tuneup" is a bit misguided. most folks only cleanup the fuel system(efi or carb), plugs, air filter, sensors etc

If you problem is due to any of the above mentioned areas a tune up might sort you out

2. afaik, there is no special fuel. they would either add a fuel system cleaner like wurth to your fuel tank and run your car, use a 3m injector/tbody cleaning canister or manually clean the tbody, injectors, If it's carb model car they will clean the carb.

3. it is and you should at least do it once a year. i used to have fuel system cleaner in the tank twice an year. get a manual cleaning done once an year.

if i notice any issues before that period i would attend to it as and when needed

4. If you haven't done an efi system cleanup in a while. fuel efficiency can suffer a bit. also change your air filter every other service if possible. personally, i don't believe in "cleaning" the air filter with compressed air.

can't comment on the other two :)

Thanks a lot for your reply.The stretch is shorter.that may be the reason for winning the drag :)

This is how a friend described an 800. Picks up like a bat but no brakes ! I can believe an 800 winning a drag over a short distance as its light and the engine does pick up. Many moons ago somebody tried this on me as well and until I got past 60kmph it did keep up pretty well. I was driving an old 1.3L carb driven mazda station wagon with 4 people. I was a bit younger then so needless to say I could not fathom the good sense to let the 800 past and it ran out of steam :P The Vitz for all its good qualities does not pick up that aggressively at least not in auto form.

This is how a friend described an 800. Picks up like a bat but no brakes ! I can believe an 800 winning a drag over a short distance as its light and the engine does pick up. Many moons ago somebody tried this on me as well and until I got past 60kmph it did keep up pretty well. I was driving an old 1.3L carb driven mazda station wagon with 4 people. I was a bit younger then so needless to say I could not fathom the good sense to let the 800 past and it ran out of steam :P The Vitz for all its good qualities does not pick up that aggressively at least not in auto form.

oh well! then i take it back :D

a few weeks back an 800 tried to race my truck. it was late night and we were the only two vehicles stopped at a light.

when it turned green the 800 picked up decently and got ahead of me for about 50-60 meters if not less.

Then the 2.5l n/a ford diesel casually went passed it...

this was near the kelanitissa powerplant heading towards kandy road and by the time i reached the bridge the maruti was not to be seen on my rear view mirrors.

so that's why i thought a petrol car should be able to easily outrun an 800 if driven properly...even an auto.

maybe i was wrong then

oh well! then i take it back :D

a few weeks back an 800 tried to race my truck. it was late night and we were the only two vehicles stopped at a light.

when it turned green the 800 picked up decently and got ahead of me for about 50-60 meters if not less.

Then the 2.5l n/a ford diesel casually went passed it...

this was near the kelanitissa powerplant heading towards kandy road and by the time i reached the bridge the maruti was not to be seen on my rear view mirrors.

so that's why i thought a petrol car should be able to easily outrun an 800 if driven properly...even an auto.

maybe i was wrong then

The 800 is quick, to an extent. A few years back, I kept up with a friend's N16 as we drove down the 120 route in minor traffic. Since the car was much smaller I guess I had a easier time weaving through vehicles. Nevertheless, we were both surprised.

However, I did have a couple of beers in me at the time, so that might explain my pace. :D

The 800 is quick, to an extent. A few years back, I kept up with a friend's N16 as we drove down the 120 route in minor traffic. Since the car was much smaller I guess I had a easier time weaving through vehicles. Nevertheless, we were both surprised.

However, I did have a couple of beers in me at the time, so that might explain my pace. :D

well i'm surprised you managed to get into the 800 let alone drive it fast :D

well i'm surprised you managed to get into the 800 let alone drive it fast :D

Lol... when I saw it for the first time, I honestly thought I would never fit in it, let alone drive it. :D

Edited by Big_D

Hey.....guys I just mention that only otherwise someone may reply like "dude, M800 doesn't accelerate!and its normal" and I wanted to escape from that comment and I wanna stress this particular car is much lazier in acceleration. :) And I am 100% agree with Big_D and now my dear friends ignore the clause in brackets and help me to find a solution. :rolleyes:

Hey.....guys I just mention that only otherwise someone may reply like "dude, M800 doesn't accelerate!and its normal" and I wanted to escape from that comment and I wanna stress this particular car is much lazier in acceleration. :) And I am 100% agree with Big_D and now my dear friends ignore the clause in brackets and help me to find a solution. :rolleyes:

We don't think your issue will be complicated to resolve. It's either an issue with the fuel system (blockages etc), throttle body or the ignition system (bad spark plugs etc). There are also certain elements you can still adjust even in modern EFI cars. I think Udawatte Motors are a Maruti expert so if they can't fix it I'm not sure who can !