• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Trip To Coorong National Park

Parak

Hi all

We spend two days in Coorong National Park in this Easterbreak(Sat & Sunday). We have not had time for much preparation(decided on Friday), Tent, Water, Biscuits and some Sinisambol sandwitches thats all we took. Drove to the beach through "42 Mile Crossing" 4WD track and camped there. Climb and decent of the track was bit hard to takle with my smaller 4WD anyhow we managed to go there. Here I have some pictures for the members to look at.

WB2jU.jpg

VsJtU.jpg

VNis1.jpg

nPdy7.jpg

h048R.jpg

Edited by Parak

looking good.Too bad I have only got 3more days until uni stats again.Any more pics? :)

I have few more but all of them are sceneries. I forgot to take the pictures of the hill climbing 4WD track. I can upload few If you really want to see them

yup pls upload some if you don't mind. We might go on a road trip towards the end of June after exams and stuff..This place might be a good candidate. Whereabouts in Aus are you located?

Edited by GearHead

yup pls upload some if you don't mind. We might go on a road trip towards the end of June after exams and stuff..This place might be a good candidate. Whereabouts in Aus are you located?

Here we go some more images. Not the best I forgot to change the scale of the pictures

EuTKG.jpg

6ixnK.jpg

gdgen.jpg

Ig26C.jpg

We might go on a road trip towards the end of June after exams and stuff..This place might be a good candidate. Whereabouts in Aus are you located?

Hi

Me in Capital of SA. It is not worth travelling all the way up to "Coorong" from Melb(2 days return). If you have not been through "Gt Ocean Rd" take that to "Waranabool". On the way you can see "7 Apositles, London Bridge, Loch Luna wreck, Ottaway forest" etc. There is a 90% chance of seeing a whale from the "Whale watching Point" in Waranabool(free of charge and from the Main Land). Overnight stay in "Waranabool"(very nice place" then early departure to "Mt Gambier". "Blue lake, Sink hole, Caves, Old Volcano" are the attractions in "Mt Gambier". If you leave early from "Mt Gambier" you should have enough time to do most of the walks and 2WD tracks in "Coorong" and reach Adelaide around 9:00pm. At least two nights stay in Adelaide then take the Main High Way to Melb(8 to 10hrs)

• Most of the Lagoon side tracks are accesible with 2WD
  • Most of the walks in the lagoon side
  • 2WD can acces up to "42 mile crossing camp ground" then 1hr retrun walk to the Southern Sea or 1.3 km 4WD
  • If you need to do 4W driving it is recommended to go at least 2 cars in a convoy with recovery gear. Espeacially if you doing 100km drive along the beach

There is a another option that you can take a cruise($72/head including meals, 6hrs) from Goolwa(1.5hrs from Adelaide) which take you through the lagoon and walking accross the Sand dunes to the sea. This one worth considering.

Cheers