• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vitz Key-Less Car Censer

K a Z u N

hy all,

today when i tryed to start my toyota vitz it wasnt starting because the car didnt recognized keyless car remote. i thought maybe its because the remotes battery was gone. so i replaced it and tryd. still it was the same. then some guy in a shop came and pushed the start button with the remote and the car started. he told it happns with this key less remotes. so i want to knw what if this same problem happens ? what can i do ? is there a way to restart this remote ? and if i lose this remote isnt there any way i can start the car ????

Newer car keys have a unique transponder that recognizes only that car. If you lose it, you are, how can I say it, fornicated.

I have a transponder in my 1996 Alfa key that if I am to lose it, I might as well set the car on fire... ;) Nothing short of a barrel and ECU replacement with a reprogrammed key with a matching transponder will start the car. And that will cost upwards of 1000 GBP.

hy all,

today when i tryed to start my toyota vitz it wasnt starting because the car didnt recognized keyless car remote. i thought maybe its because the remotes battery was gone. so i replaced it and tryd. still it was the same. then some guy in a shop came and pushed the start button with the remote and the car started. he told it happns with this key less remotes. so i want to knw what if this same problem happens ? what can i do ? is there a way to restart this remote ? and if i lose this remote isnt there any way i can start the car ????

The connection between the key and the sensor on the car gets disrupted when you are near a location with strong radio/ microwave singals. Near Liberty Plaza/MC, some places on Duplication Rd etc.

You can open your door with the metal key and press the start button with the transponder key (the Toyota Logo acts as the antennae) in a situation like this just as done by the guy from the shop.

Best to keep a duplicate (you can get it from the Agents or the guy in Kohuwala who advertises in the H_T @D. Its about 30k each so still not cheap. But if you loose the key, you have to replace the ECU etc. as VVTi mentioned.

hy all,

The same thing to happened me twice and a friends prius.

What he did was pressed the button for sometime and the light came on then he pressed the accelerator at that instant and the button. I'm not sure about it. It mostly happens at that car park next to MC . Does anyone know a correct remedy for this ??

Edited by Shehan_WCC

The same thing to happened me twice and a friends prius.

What he did was pressed the button for sometime and the light came on then he pressed the accelerator at that instant and the button. I'm not sure about it. It mostly happens at that car park next to MC . Does anyone know a correct remedy for this ??

Didnt milindu just give the answer to your question ?

The connection between the key and the sensor on the car gets disrupted when you are near a location with strong radio/ microwave singals. Near Liberty Plaza/MC, some places on Duplication Rd etc.