• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vitz Service Requirement

entckauwa

Hi,

Can anybody help me to provide following information. I recently purchased Toyota Vitz KSP90 2007 model. Engine is 1KR-FE

1. Recommended Engine Oils and required number of Liters?

2. Recommended Oil filters and Its size.

3. Where can i see transmission fluid tank? Still i cannot found.

4. I heard that Vitz comes with electrical P/S. is it true?

Thanks,

kaushalya

Hi,

Can anybody help me to provide following information. I recently purchased Toyota Vitz KSP90 2007 model. Engine is 1KR-FE

Thanks,

kaushalya

1. Any good branded oil is fine. Could be anything from 3 liters to 4 liters depending on engine size.

2. Most service stations will what you require, don't fret over that. (if possible, get the service done at the agents and it will solve all your troubles)

3. There is no 'tank' for ATF. You will find a dip stick on the transmission housing for you to check the levels

4. Correct. But earlier models had a hydraulic P/S.

1. Any good branded oil is fine. Could be anything from 3 liters to 4 liters depending on engine size.

2. Most service stations will what you require, don't fret over that. (if possible, get the service done at the agents and it will solve all your troubles)

3. There is no 'tank' for ATF. You will find a dip stick on the transmission housing for you to check the levels

4. Correct. But earlier models had a hydraulic P/S.

very much help full. thanks for the prompt reply.

Appreciate can anybody specify brand of good engine oil and oil filter. Because i gonna purchase the engine oil and oil filter separately from a lubricant shop. hence i need brand and size.

Someone said Mobil 4L and VIC oil filters are good. can anybody comment that and specify the OIL filter size

Appreciate can anybody specify brand of good engine oil and oil filter. Because i gonna purchase the engine oil and oil filter separately from a lubricant shop. hence i need brand and size.

Someone said Mobil 4L and VIC oil filters are good. can anybody comment that and specify the OIL filter size

Any of the big names oils are fine. Caltex, Mobil etc etc. Oil filters are VIC or Union. Dunno the sizes. Sorry. Also, be careful when you buy from 'lubricant' shops.

Why don't you stop being penny wise and pound foolish and take it to Toyota Lanka or a reputed service center like PitStop or Auto Miraj who carry good brands for many vehicles in SL. Buying from outside will not save you that much of money.

Ok Thanks for the info.

I also think to do the first service with Toyota Lanka. however it will cost rs.9500 for full service ( 5500 for oil and filters + 4000 for service charge).

And? If you spent some hard earned money (arund 2.5?)on the purchase, why not look after it also? A vehicle with an Agent Service record will carry more value than a car that is serviced at the local service place where some retarded monkey with a wrench will do untold damages to your car.

Edited by VVTi

Hi,

Thanks,

kaushalya

Hi,

I used to use,

Engine Oil: Toyota Rs.2590/4L

Oil filter: VIC Rs.1090

Air Filter: Denso Rs.3000+ /VIC Rs.2000+

The Fluid gauge for the tranny is visible if you look at the top serface of the gearbox underneath the battery. Its a yellow colour knob for refil and level gauge.

You'll have to use CVT oil (Not ATF like in old cars). There is TOYOTA CVT oil available in the mkt.

AFAIK Toyota agent does not recommend to use pumping machines to change gearbox oil, but some service stations do this. As per the agent it can damage the gearbox.

Ok Thanks for the info.

I also think to do the first service with Toyota Lanka. however it will cost rs.9500 for full service ( 5500 for oil and filters + 4000 for service charge).

I was using Mobil 10W40 mineral oil, and later switched to Toyota 10W30. There was definitely a difference when I switched to 10W30, and I've been sticking with that. Also, for ATF, I have switched to Toyota Type T-IV (the oil type is marked on the ATF dipstick)

And? If you spent some hard earned money (arund 2.5?)on the purchase, why not look after it also? A vehicle with an Agent Service record will carry more value than a car that is serviced at the local service place where some retarded monkey with a wrench will do untold damages to your car.

Yep it is always good to service in a good place.

Yet the best thing is to do it under you'r inspection (in the companies u can't)

because the above mentioned species (retarded monkey) can also be found at the agent

(personal experiance - the toyota service guys forgot to properly clamp a intercooler horse in one of my friends prados)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I've done a service at Auto Miraj recently for my Vitz 2007.

Changed Oil (Toyota 5W30), Air Filter, Oil Filter, Coolant Topup & usual diagnose & cleaning stuff. It costed me approx 16K. I was asked to change the ATF too as I've passed 80,000 KM. I decided to do it next month as I'm tight on budget this month.

I've done a service at Auto Miraj recently for my Vitz 2007.

Changed Oil (Toyota 5W30), Air Filter, Oil Filter, Coolant Topup & usual diagnose & cleaning stuff. It costed me approx 16K. I was asked to change the ATF too as I've passed 80,000 KM. I decided to do it next month as I'm tight on budget this month.

Haven't the car had any CVT oil replacements for entire 80K?

You have to change CVT oil every 40,000 km. Make sure you use original Toyota super CVT oil. It costs around Rs. 12,000 to get this done at the agents.

Do you really think I need to go to agents for it? Couldn't places like Auto Miraj won't handle it?

If you know how it should be done, then the best thing is, go to any place and get it done under your supervision (that's what I do). But if you have no enough idea about that, go to Agent. I have no exp. with Au** Mi** but hope it's also ok.

• Like 1

If you know how it should be done, then the best thing is, go to any place and get it done under your supervision (that's what I do). But if you have no enough idea about that, go to Agent. I have no exp. with Au** Mi** but hope it's also ok.

I better get it changed at Agents then.

If you know the correct procedure please share with us. My Vitz's CVT was changed by previous owner and according to the service tag they recommend to change it again after 25K. Is that correct?