• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Importing A Very Old Car

lovinoldcars

maybe you could dismantle the car and bring it as parts ,,these are stupid rules by stupid ppl. I went to get the green certificate last month for my car which is old car 8sri to be exact and then they told me that no need to get green certificate if it is to be old, to be frank it should be the other way around.

You are a special kind of idiot.

Yes.Infact I believe 90% of the pre 60's car would fail the green test because they were not made to keep the tree hugging homo hippies happy...

So then what do you suggest we do with the failed cars?Ban them all?

I guess thats why the government used their brains & made a rule that cars which were built before a certain era didnt need the report...im not sure as to when but a friends 2Sri car was sent back saying he didnt need it

Well you would be wrong... there isnt a cut off year as such. The definition depends on a variety of factors.

supra to be frank there seems to be a definition problem on my side, however this link somewhat gives a thought, so when i say classic it actually means antique , correct me if i am wrong. :)

The Classic Car Club of America has their own official definition of what make a car an antique. They define an antique car as one that has been built between the years 1925 and 1948. The car can be from America, Europe or otherwise imported as long as it matches those production years. Of course there are other sources that tend to vary from this definition. It's wise to seek more than one opinion.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1788987

Edited by rameez

you can't define "classic cars" by YOM, but there is a cutoff to determine if the car needs a green test or not (can't recall if it is based on YOM or Reg.)

sifaan , it is based on YOM .....that what that lady over there told me :)

• 5 years later...
  • 7 months later...

SL is ruled By bunch OLD nagging idiots who oly think about themself, what can u do, Vote for some young Educated dudes next time... WAIT....... 90% ppl in here Do not Care about think u want, They want some sheet for roof, some bag of ciment and Free stuff... there u go ur VOTE......in toilet....