• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Place To Buy A Yamaha Bike?

Huzefa

I disagree that second hand CBR's are hacked, and they are tough to maintain and most of all...people give up on them after a few months of ownership.

That's just all bull crap!

hacked bikes, hacked vehicles are common in any brand and having a decent sportsbike does mean that things like tyres and even spark plugs are more expensive than those on indian junk.

Best bet for OP is to maybe test ride both bikes and make a call himself.

Hmm i guess you could be Rite buddy . I might be wrong

but ill guarant you one thing most of the cbrs are hacked either have cd125 jets for the carb ,ive seen many with jade engines,and mostly after crashes they replace the fairings with the 6 and fiber kits ,thats how most of them sell at sales and stuff unless we have some unreg gullarms around they should be really great or one maintained by a bike enthusiast. And what I said was with my personal experience most I knew gave them off ,You might have a different situation as for your experience.like I said "most i know gave them off"

@ huzefa if i made a conclusion " The cbr is a beast and your first ride will make you fall in love with it " and the fz in uncomparable with a good cbr

FYI- you can get a cibbie for around 250K since its a 4 carb ,4 cylinder bike there is alot to look for starting from the carb balance (engine idling) to the mono shocks,folks,any accidents,state of the engine .

MaKe SuM NoIse--

Hmm i guess you could be Rite buddy . I might be wrong

but ill guarant you one thing most of the cbrs are hacked either have cd125 jets for the carb ,ive seen many with jade engines,and mostly after crashes they replace the fairings with the 6 and fiber kits ,thats how most of them sell at sales and stuff unless we have some unreg gullarms around they should be really great or one maintained by a bike enthusiast. And what I said was with my personal experience most I knew gave them off ,You might have a different situation as for your experience.like I said "most i know gave them off"

all that you say here is quite common with many larger displacement bikes... even the first 200cc bike i got had a piece of copper wire stuck in the main jet to increase fuel efficiency.

there will always be the hacked the bike...just as it is with cars.

i think it's not fair to downgrade an entire lineup of bikes even in the used market as being hacked.

One has to be smart enough to spot the lemon and get to a well looked after specimen.

• Like 1

all that you say here is quite common with many larger displacement bikes... even the first 200cc bike i got had a piece of copper wire stuck in the main jet to increase fuel efficiency.

i think it's not fair to downgrade an entire lineup of bikes even in the used market as being hacked.

One has to be smart enough to spot the lemon and get to a well looked after specimen.

Well your last sentence says everything i wanted to say ' just like that ' :D

well we can agree to disagree :)

i wouldn't touch an indian bike like an FZ over a cibbie. riding position might not be the most comfortable on the cbr but it's not like you'd be riding for hours and hours. And for me...riding bikes is something far beyond mere commuting and biking by default is not the safest.

I'd rather have a good riding experience over ultra functionality any day...but that's just me...

Amen...!!

Went and bought the FZ-S :) Seems to be an ok bike with a decent bit of power and acceleration. Still learning how to shift gears :)

Anyway maybe il pick up a CBR in a few years once i learn to ride properly. Thanks for all your help guys :)

There are plenty of CBR in the market in good condition i bought & sold three in the past few months & all of them were standard & in good condition. Two of them were registered, But all three were in good condition. If there is a problem with the carbs take it to a professional there are a few like Anil, Chaminda. etc who are brilliant with carbs. also from what i know the CBR engine, carbs & overall bike is the most reliable of its era of sports bikes. Any ture die hard bike fan would go for a japanese, Italian or Euro bike anyday. thats what gives u the riding pleasure.

Indian bikes are just common commuters. used for day to day riding. They dont have much riding pleasure to offer in them. i too use an indian bike to commute to the shop & do short runs. But if someone is looking for sheer riding pleasure indians cant even come close :alc:

well said ripper :alc:

also those two stroke bikes are beasts. i can imagine how quick your 200 would have been. My first bike was a Bandit & a friend of mind had a CRM250 2 stroke i used to borrow it from him all da time just for the thrill of the 2 stroke noise & the sheer power it offered with the twist of the throttle. u could feel the front lighten up when u throttle it all of a sudden :violent-smiley-099:

There are plenty of CBR in the market in good condition i bought & sold three in the past few months & all of them were standard & in good condition. Two of them were registered, But all three were in good condition. If there is a problem with the carbs take it to a professional there are a few like Anil, Chaminda. etc who are brilliant with carbs. also from what i know the CBR engine, carbs & overall bike is the most reliable of its era of sports bikes. Any ture die hard bike fan would go for a japanese, Italian or Euro bike anyday. thats what gives u the riding pleasure.

Indian bikes are just common commuters. used for day to day riding. They dont have much riding pleasure to offer in them. i too use an indian bike to commute to the shop & do short runs. But if someone is looking for sheer riding pleasure indians cant even come close :alc:

Let me know if your selling one again :) Might pick it up if i have th cash :)

Anyway regarding the FZ i mostly use it when i have classes and stuff nearby. Havent really gone on long rides with it yet and dont plan to anytime soon :) I actually am pretty happy with the bike but il look to pick up a CBR for weekend riding etc.

I think trying to jump straight onto a CBR without knowing much about bikes is a good way to find yourself in an early grave. Maybe try a lower powered bike and master the basics before graduating onto sportsbikes?

Hey CBR is a good bike for a beginner whos interested in riding.Dont worry go for it.

But its not for FAINT HEARTED "men" :angry-smiley-048:

Let me know if your selling one again :) Might pick it up if i have th cash :)

Anyway regarding the FZ i mostly use it when i have classes and stuff nearby. Havent really gone on long rides with it yet and dont plan to anytime soon :) I actually am pretty happy with the bike but il look to pick up a CBR for weekend riding etc.

Glad your enjoying ur ride & i do hope u go for a CBR someday :alc: :alc:

Ohh for god sakes..... you call yourselves bikers???

Damn Im glad the guy who asked the question was sensible enough to make the right choice and buy the FZ-s

And for all those typically crappy minded in here who keep saying just coz its Indian its Bad... you people are always gonna be followers not the guys who lead in front... Come on how hoard is it to try new things.!!

and first... learn and know your bikes...

why in the world would you ask a guy to go for a 4 cyl CBR 250 as the first bike? cummon?? reallly??? pfffft!!

I own a FZs ive ridden a hornet, CBR, Jade, Baja, Xr etc etc..... it would have made sense to go for a Jade over a CBR ... what on earth makes you say a CBR is better??

Yes I agree its Japanese doesnt mean the FZ-s is Bad coz its not..

ive personally ridden my FZs for over 12 hours in a day at a stretch and im sure an oil cooled CBR would have cooked up and over heated. the ride is not comfortable, not suitable for roads with potholes, suspension is pretty stiff... the FZs suspension can be adjusted to a much softer setting...

Yes the CBR on a Race track but not on our roads!!!

Althoh its made in Inida its a one of a kind bike, solid build, i knw bikes that have run 30000 Kms without any trouble. Mid Range torque, solid power for an engine in its Category!! Solid Build, Light weight....

If you live in Colombo and you want a Bike that Looks good, Macho, Takes you around corners, swing through traffic, a 30000 KM warranty :), grippy ride, comfortable, stylish , New!!! The Yamaha FZ it is.... Errr if you think it looks bad.. you might wanna check out the FZ club Colombia on Facebook... its a beautiful bike... respect it!!!

Damn Im glad the guy who asked the question was sensible enough to make the right choice and buy the FZ-s

And for all those typically crappy minded in here who keep saying just coz its Indian its Bad... you people are always gonna be followers not the guys who lead in front... Come on how hoard is it to try new things.!!

why in the world would you ask a guy to go for a 4 cyl CBR 250 as the first bike? cummon?? reallly??? pfffft!!

I own a FZs ive ridden a hornet, CBR, Jade, Baja, Xr etc etc..... it would have made sense to go for a Jade over a CBR ... what on earth makes you say a CBR is better??

ive personally ridden my FZs for over 12 hours in a day at a stretch and im sure an oil cooled CBR would have cooked up and over heated. the ride is not comfortable, not suitable for roads with potholes, suspension is pretty stiff... the FZs suspension can be adjusted to a much softer setting...

Althoh its made in Inida its a one of a kind bike, solid build, i knw bikes that have run 30000 Kms without any trouble. Mid Range torque, solid power for an engine in its Category!! Solid Build, Light weight....

If you live in Colombo and you want a Bike that Looks good, Macho, Takes you around corners, swing through traffic, a 30000 KM warranty :), grippy ride, comfortable, stylish , New!!! The Yamaha FZ it is.... Errr if you think it looks bad.. you might wanna check out the FZ club Colombia on Facebook... its a beautiful bike... respect it!!!

I think the FZ looks pretty good :) Yeah the power and all is o.k. but this being my first bike i cant judge..

Im thinking of going for a CBR if a coupla months but for now the FZ suits me perfectly..

and first... learn and know your bikes... REALLY???????? :angry-smiley-048:

So a real biker should ride a FZ :rolleyes: do u work for A*W??? u sound very convincing... Bikes like the FZ are made with one thing in mind cheap commuting....its like a japanese econo box when it comes to cars....everyone knows dat if u wanna feel real riding pleasure on a bike u cant get it from an indian bike...no matter what name it comes out FZ, Pulsar, Hunk, Apache like someone had mentioned earlier for god sake they come with a saree guard :rolleyes: also u have mentioned about a 30,000km warranty...so after dat da shit starts i presume & they fall apart.... try a jap bike im sure if its brand new it would give u much more than that.

You have asked what on earth makes us say a CBR is better...well the CBR Gullarm has been around for almost 20 years now & it has proven to be rock solid...i wonder where ur beloved FZ's will be in 20 years...i doubt there will be any on the road....

Oh & ya the CBR isnt oil cooled, its water cooled...so i doubt there will be any heating problems unless there is something wrong with the bike. I have been around SL in my bikes & havent had any issues...but i do wonder where u rode 12hours continuously???...

Also man come on really?? riding pleasure from an indian bike???? or is it like the sour grapes story???? :action-smiley-060:

Edited by Chooti Putha
  • Like 2

So a real biker should ride a FZ :rolleyes: do u work for A*W??? u sound very convincing... Bikes like the FZ are made with one thing in mind cheap commuting....its like a japanese econo box when it comes to cars....everyone knows dat if u wanna feel real riding pleasure on a bike u cant get it from an indian bike...no matter what name it comes out FZ, Pulsar, Hunk, Apache like someone had mentioned earlier for god sake they come with a saree guard :rolleyes: also u have mentioned about a 30,000km warranty...so after dat da shit starts i presume & they fall apart.... try a jap bike im sure if its brand new it would give u much more than that.

You have asked what on earth makes us say a CBR is better...well the CBR Gullarm has been around for almost 20 years now & it has proven to be rock solid...i wonder where ur beloved FZ's will be in 20 years...i doubt there will be any on the road....

Oh & ya the CBR isnt oil cooled, its water cooled...so i doubt there will be any heating problems unless there is something wrong with the bike. I have been around SL in my bikes & havent had any issues...but i do wonder where u rode 12hours continuously???...

Also man come on really?? riding pleasure from an indian bike???? or is it like the sour grapes story???? :action-smiley-060:

lost cause machang! :D

when you see that much of BS in one post it's fairly easy to see where the interests lie :D :D

And mr. Biker boy and super duper biker expert dares to talk about torque on an indian piece of junk :D:)

ROFLMAO :)

ha ha ha ha ha.....

when you see that much of BS in one post it's fairly easy to see where the interests lie :D :D

And mr. Biker boy and super duper biker expert dares to talk about torque on an indian piece of junk :D:)

ha ha ha ha ha.....

haha ya man but i just couldnt resist :)

I just pushed a macho, one-of-a-kind, solid built, mid-range torqued, light-weight FZ-S rider off the road today with my car, while on my way to work :) Hope that was you.

ha ha ha ha ha.....

LMFAO :lol: If your referring to me as Biker boy then il tel you this. The power seems good but i cant judge not having ridden bikes before..

Maybe il decide after i ride a CBR :)

Oh and i thought the guy was advertising but i didnt want to offend anyone over here :rolleyes:

LMFAO :lol: If your referring to me as Biker boy then il tel you this. The power seems good but i cant judge not having ridden bikes before..

Maybe il decide after i ride a CBR :)

Oh and i thought the guy was advertising but i didnt want to offend anyone over here :rolleyes:

can't speak on behalf of others but i certainly am not offended :) Amused...yes!

And CP has nicely summed things up about your claims :D

Well dude... seee i understand and i will always agree that a CBR is better... but see you were too smart thinking of ways to let the FZ down you forgot to stick to the point AKA the topic of this thread? wasn't it suposed to be about helping a newbie on a bike???

and every word on my reply was in context of the topic i believe... and every thing else mentioned here is in context with Jap and Indian Bikes and far far away from the topic that actually needs help... see sometimes its ok to not be toooo smart!! just answer the question will ya the next time. Its what forums are for.. .to help people out there.

and ooops did i say oil cooled? im sorry i meant Water cooled which makes the situation worst.. .and yeah i rode to Pollonaruwa and a few other places and back??? hard to believe is it? which is why sometimes it makes sense to just hush and listen coz i experienced it and you didnt. (L)

Ohh and the 30,000 km thing... if the guy was buying a 1994-1996 CBR 250 MC-22... you think it'l ride for 30,000 Kms atleast with out any trouble? i doubt it!! apart from the fact that when it break down parts are costly, hard to find and its hard to maintain!!! Pffft again... your really good at proving your point... and please... we are talking about the Actual scenario and dont say stuff like "if its brand new it would give u much more than that" haha dont use "IF's" your not really helping anyone here... haha ... *laughs loud... IF pffft! *

OMG... ive got more... u said the CBR has been around for more than 20 years hahahahahaha MATE where are you from? the CBR on our roads the MC-22's haha for 20 years.... ur a very bad Joker... FYI made in the year 1994 and it was being assembled until 1996-1998 did you say 20 years ?? lol what year are we in??? OMG year 2015???!!!! haha mate... its 2011 :) listen to what you saying... i can say im much younger than you... and i think i knw what im talking ooops...

ohh and the last point.... does riding pleasure always come on a fast Jab bike??? hahaha ur a joke!! you have no idea of what your talking... Pss let me help you become more wise ya... why dont you refer www.xbhp.com theres alot to read... Actual Forum with Actual ppl helping each other... alot to read!

So i hope atleast now you come to terms of agreeing that the FZ is the most sensible choice "IF YOUR A NEWBIE" ??? agreee??

i dont mean to offend any1... but i knew what i was talking and you didnt.. and you just wanted to be the hero who steals the wrong show!! its not a sour n grape story!!! this is the reality!

knowledge is Wisdom! cheers to anyone... give respect and expect it back!

peace!

can't speak on behalf of others but i certainly am not offended :) Amused...yes!

And CP has nicely summed things up about your claims :D

Yes he has :) This topic is blowing outta proportion now :P

This is not a CBR vs FZ topic. As someone pointed out it was about a newbie getting help to buy his first bike..

Edited by Huzefa

well tooo bad CP ddnt stick to the point...

end of the day guy who started the thread... youve made a good choice.. the FZ is good to start with... once your used to it, the cornering, shifting gears (it has quite a good clutch) etc etc... you can try the CBR or a hornet or sumtim bigger... but its a good bike to start with unlike any other indian bike you have to agree...

@ CP - I meant no offence but you stole the wrong show mate... :P and yeah its quite obvious the Japs are better... but thats between you and me and everyone experienced here... but for a newbie... you could have helped him better!

ohh btw im working on a project with a hornet, doing some custom Mods to make it a super streetfighter... il'l get the pics once im done will take atleast 3 months.

haha... that was fun! Loooool!

well tooo bad CP ddnt stick to the point...

end of the day..to the guy who started the thread... youve made a good choice.. the FZ is good to start with... once your used to it, the cornering, shifting gears (it has quite a good clutch) etc etc... you can try the CBR or a hornet or sumtim bigger... but its a good bike to start with unlike any other indian bike you have to agree...

@ CP - I meant no offence but you stole the wrong show mate... :P and yeah its quite obvious the Japs are better... but thats between you and me and everyone experienced here... but for a newbie... you could have helped him better!

ohh btw im working on a project with a hornet, doing some custom Mods to make it a super streetfighter... il'l get the pics once im done will take atleast 3 months.

haha... that was fun! Loooool!

Yes he has :) This topic is blowing outta proportion now :P

This is not a CBR vs FZ topic. As someone pointed out it was about a newbie getting help to buy his first bike..

true that...those two bikes are not even on the same league to be compared.

But a newbie getting a first bike doesn't mean you gotta go for an inferior model

I first rode a honda chaly, then a honda mvx250

my own first bike was an mtx200... and to date own that bike and an xr250 which i use on long trips from time to time. solid as they come.

Good luck with your FZ and ride safe :)