• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Painting Front Bonnet

mazda axela

I can't recall anyone on this forum recommending Mr. Paint / MagCity - it's all been bad.

However, yesterday I discovered that a friend of mine had given her car to Mr. Paint (dent in rear bumper) so perhaps in a week or two I will be able to share the results.

thanks a bunch sifaan & don.....

alot of guys dont recomend mr.paint / mag city

i had a dent on my rear fender.... a small one with no paint scratch at all....

went to get quotations from all... i was under the impression that you could use a dent puller like the following:

CAR-DENT-PULLER.jpg

all of these guys said tht they don't have it - have to use the standard method and once they pop the dent out - they wud have to paint it....

so got a quotation from mr.paint

i tried using a window sucker and poped 80% of the dent out myself ;) the rest of the 20% is not too visible unless u really look :P

I'm really surprised to hear bad reviews about SprayM*ch. I've done several jobs with them and never had an issue. Only thing is that they are hella crowded- so what I did was to go well before hand make an appointment, then I'd check the day prior if all is ok before dropping the car off. Also its a good idea not to rush a paint job- even if they are behind schedule.

Mr. Paint? Waste of time IMO and crap work-owned by MagCity as well

Yes I'd recommend SprayM*ch over Mr.P*int.. me and Big D have some experiences with both the places..and SprayM*ch did a pretty good job whereas Mr.*aint returned our car with some missing parts... :angry:

Mr paint returned one of my older cars with a big scratch on it!

In terms of arabian motors, have seen some good finishes. You would have to go on one day to get the paint matched on the comp, and another day for the actual paint job. Charged 12k for a rx8 bonnet

• 3 weeks later...

I can't recall anyone on this forum recommending Mr. Paint / MagCity - it's all been bad.

However, yesterday I discovered that a friend of mine had given her car to Mr. Paint (dent in rear bumper) so perhaps in a week or two I will be able to share the results.

took a little longer than expected since I didn't meet my friend for a while... at casual glance, everything looks fine; but if you really look at it, it's clear that the bumper is "whiter" than the rest of the car. paint job itself seemed fine, but can't say for sure cos it was covered with quite a bit of dust...

she had no problems with the service though - she just dropped the car off, and told aviva insurance to sort it out.