• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Rx8

jaliya63

heyy guys ive been thnkn of getn an RX8 2006 ! manual 6 forward ! is it a wise desicion ? PROS AND CONS PLS :)

and is it true that the engine needs to be replaced aftr 140k km ?

Well this might be true as i have heard stories of Rotarys breaking down after 100k km. Rotarys if driven with full care turn out to be one of the best motors. But one problem is that you need to have deep pockets to keep a Rotary maintained otherwise you'll end up blowing the precious motor. Like you have to change the Oil Filter monthly and as far as i know, only Hi-Octane fuel is recommended for them. You have to check your plugs, change your plugs after every 10,000 km, change your oil and put proper non synthetic oil every 2500km, and dont be a jack while driving it. Also engine flooding is to occur in rotary engines and to prevent this, all you have to do is warm up your engine to optimum level before shutting it down, observe the temperature gauge your needle should be between hot and cold. The spare parts of Mazda Rx-8 are also very costly. One thing people over here in Pakistan do with Rx-8 or Rx-7's is that they swap in a 2jzgte or a 1jzgte motor in it as its maintainance costs are less than that of a rotary. No doubt that they are able to take it to very high hp figures then by modifying which a rotary cant be taken to but it isnt safe because they mess up the power to weight ratio and driving such a car becomes dangerous. By the way, whats the price tag of a Mazda Rx-8 over there in SL?

Edited by fady

Well this might be true as i have heard stories of Rotarys breaking down after 100k km. Rotarys if driven with full care turn out to be one of the best motors. But one problem is that you need to have deep pockets to keep a Rotary maintained otherwise you'll end up blowing the precious motor. Like you have to change the Oil Filter monthly and as far as i know, only Hi-Octane fuel is recommended for them. You have to check your plugs, change your plugs after every 10,000 km, change your oil and put proper non synthetic oil every 2500km, and dont be a jack while driving it. Also engine flooding is to occur in rotary engines and to prevent this, all you have to do is warm up your engine to optimum level before shutting it down, observe the temperature gauge your needle should be between hot and cold. The spare parts of Mazda Rx-8 are also very costly. One thing people over here in Pakistan do with Rx-8 or Rx-7's is that they swap in a 2jzgte or a 1jzgte motor in it as its maintainance costs are less than that of a rotary. No doubt that they are able to take it to very high hp figures then by modifying which a rotary cant be taken to but it isnt safe because they mess up the power to weight ratio and driving such a car becomes dangerous. By the way, whats the price tag of a Mazda Rx-8 over there in SL?

THANKYOU machn for the info ! :) ill keep in mind ! im getn it for 3.5 mil :) but overall is it a good car ? or is it a supra ? insted ?

damn! 3.5mil for an Rx-8. What are the import duties over there? one can get a good condition Rx-8 over here in around 1.5million. And Supra is a lot better than the Rx-8. Only one drawback is that you can import a new Rx-8 from Japan but sadly you cant import a new Supra as its production has stopped. But on the road, a Supra will be much more faster than an Rx-8. My friends over here have beaten Stock Rx-8's with slightly modified Honda Civic running on D16 motors.

THANKYOU machn for the info ! :) ill keep in mind ! im getn it for 3.5 mil :) but overall is it a good car ? or is it a supra ? insted ?

Im sure you can get a 2006 model RX8 for way cheaper. They dont hold market value much (fortunately for petrol heads). I know of one registered in 2005 that went for 2.8. With the maintainance guidelines given you better be sure everything has been done on this car on a timely basis if buying second hand.

damn! 3.5mil for an Rx-8. What are the import duties over there? one can get a good condition Rx-8 over here in around 1.5million. And Supra is a lot better than the Rx-8. Only one drawback is that you can import a new Rx-8 from Japan but sadly you cant import a new Supra as its production has stopped. But on the road, a Supra will be much more faster than an Rx-8. My friends over here have beaten Stock Rx-8's with slightly modified Honda Civic running on D16 motors.

well i checked a pakistan rupee which is around 1.31 LKR so 1.5 mil is close to 1.97mil LKR

So we are 1.5 million plus on taxes thats alot ,

no buddy he said a rx8 cost 1.5 million incclusive of taxes nah :D

Indeed. Rx-8's over here start from 12lacs (condition would not be that good) to utmost 22lacs (in top notch condition). Then after 22 lacs, you can get 350z's, lancer evo's and supra's.

Indeed. Rx-8's over here start from 12lacs (condition would not be that good) to utmost 22lacs (in top notch condition). Then after 22 lacs, you can get 350z's, lancer evo's and supra's.

wow a 350z in the 2 million range even if your taxes are at 200% thats cheap man