• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Warning Light On The Dash Board

gterral

1 hour ago, hrm said:

If you find something let me know. Just figured out that in mine it does not light up with meter illumination. Just that it's printed in white it is very noticeable. Same as this image from Russian forum.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1598371&d=13

I have the same code in the same place and the colour is almost the same..only difference is 'z'  where mine has y....i will let you know if i find out anything..

1 hour ago, hrm said:

If you find something let me know. Just figured out that in mine it does not light up with meter illumination. Just that it's printed in white it is very noticeable. Same as this image from Russian forum.

That's strange. So it's just a printed label and not an indicator? I'm confused. 

48 minutes ago, Davy said:

That's strange. So it's just a printed label and not an indicator? I'm confused. 

Yup. It's there in the second generation Vitz. Different codes for different grades/models it seems.

BF120168_23.jpg

BF722873_819c2d.jpg

3 hours ago, hrm said:

Yup. It's there in the second generation Vitz. Different codes for different grades/models it seems.

That looks nothing like a warning/error indicator IMO. Probably just a label printed on the meter face and the backlight is shining through the letters? 

42 minutes ago, Davy said:

That looks nothing like a warning/error indicator IMO. Probably just a label printed on the meter face and the backlight is shining through the letters? 

Yeah that was my original assumption.

Sorry to ask so many silly questions, since this is my first car i want to know everything to keep the car in good condition. Few of my friends said that it is not necessary to do regular service depending on the time period. They said to keep the eye on 5000km mark. But the service tag shows to do the service 5000km or 6 months whichever comes first. What if i didn't complete 5000km in 6 months? Can i go along till 5000km?

Thanks

Edited by Mbw

12 minutes ago, Mbw said:

Sorry to ask so many silly questions, since this is my first car i want to know everything to keep the car in good condition. Few of my friends said that it is not necessary to do regular service depending on the time period. They said to keep the eye on 5000km mark. But the service tag shows to do the service 5000km or 6 months whichever comes first. What if i didn't complete 5000km in 6 months? Can i go along till 5000km?

Thanks

Your friends are wrong. Engine oil breaks down and loses its lubrication properties over time - especially when the car is sparingly used. This could lead to engine wear and oil deposits inside the engine (sludge).

If you're using a mineral oil you should change it every 6 months (or 5k kms- whichever comes first) even if the car hasn't been run a single km for that time period. If you're using a Synthetic oil you can extend the OCI to 12 months or 10k kms.

4 hours ago, nagaya said:

Just did a google search on this code, it seems many are having the same problem :D

Why does everyone think it is a problem ?

The P67-<some letter> is just a label on the meter cluster. It is just that it looks like it lights up when the meter illuminates. SOme grades, versions came with green lights so it lights p in green, some in amber so it lights up in amber and some in white so it lights up in white. If they had an ice blue meter then it would have lit up in ice blue as well :)

Yes..someone was smoking something real hard when they designed that meter cluster. Anyway, the "issue has been around for (on average) a decade and no one seems t have reported the "P67-Z/P67-Y" related spontaneous combustion, or exploding gear boxes.

As for the oil....yes...depending on the type of oil used the manufacturer would recommend to change it at intervals like 5000 km or 6 months; whichever comes first. You seem a bit freaked out...just so you know....the car is not going to break down if you do the oil change at 5050 km or 6 months and 1 week :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iRage said:

The P67-<some letter> is just a label on the meter cluster. It is just that it looks like it lights up when the meter illuminates. SOme grades, versions came with green lights so it lights p in green, some in amber so it lights up in amber and some in white so it lights up in white. If they had an ice blue meter then it would have lit up in ice blue as well :)

Yes..someone was smoking something real hard when they designed that meter cluster. Anyway, the "issue has been around for (on average) a decade and no one seems t have reported the "P67-Z/P67-Y" related spontaneous combustion, or exploding gear boxes.

As for the oil....yes...depending on the type of oil used the manufacturer would recommend to change it at intervals like 5000 km or 6 months; whichever comes first. You seem a bit freaked out...just so you know....the car is not going to break down if you do the oil change at 5050 km or 6 months and 1 week :) 

Everything is clear now! Thank you irage! ?

Edited by Mbw

1 hour ago, iRage said:

I thought it was an warning indicator because a photo of the image was not shared initially and the problem was described as an "Indicator". As soon as I saw the photos that were shared, it was clear that it's not a warning indicator but a label on the face of the gauge.  :)

2 hours ago, Davy said:

I thought it was an warning indicator because a photo of the image was not shared initially and the problem was described as an "Indicator". As soon as I saw the photos that were shared, it was clear that it's not a warning indicator but a label on the face of the gauge.  :)

Yeah...someone was consuming something really hard when they designed that...there seems to be a pattern as well...P67-Z has white lighting and P67-Y has amber lighting ?

39 minutes ago, iRage said:

Yeah...someone was consuming something really hard when they designed that...there seems to be a pattern as well...P67-Z has white lighting and P67-Y has amber lighting ?

white lighting is the pre face lift and amber one is the facelift. Somehow Z came before Y.