• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla 141

kush

Hi guys

Thought to getting general views of others on the frequent claims made on Toyota Corolla 141 (Brand New) being a failure.

I think Toyota Lanka has imported over 4000 units since 2007 and I know some of them had covered over 50-60k.

Anyone has any major issues, or is this false claims made by recon importers trying to put down the secondhand price.

As i've heard The 141 is not a failure,but still the engine its equipped with has negative feedbacks.Where as the

toyota corolla 141 (axio) is a major seller,its equipped with the famous economical 1NZFE engine .So 141 failure ,If its an Axio I would say no.

Hi guys

Thought to getting general views of others on the frequent claims made on Toyota Corolla 141 (Brand New) being a failure.

I think Toyota Lanka has imported over 4000 units since 2007 and I know some of them had covered over 50-60k.

Anyone has any major issues, or is this false claims made by recon importers trying to put down the secondhand price.

The problem most people had with the Corolla 141 (Altis) was the fuel consumption. The Auto averages about 9km/l in the city on an average cycle (about 8km/l + in thick traffic running) once the engine settles down. The fuel economy indicator was a first for most users who assumed they were doing unrealistic figures. In addition, most public servants moved up from diesel cars and of course smaller and lighter vehicles.

The Axio with the CVT box and the 1.5 engine manages perhaps 1km/l more than the Altis (B.New 141). But the CVT box has a relatively short lifetime compared to the auto and if quite pricey to replace.

I know cars that have easily knocked over 100k without any major problems.

The A/C vents are quite flimsy and they tend to break. The front suspension can get a bit noisy as the car gets closer to 100k but then I am talking about fleet cars that moves from hand to hand.

Hi guys

it is not a faulty or a failure vehicle it's less on fuel mileage than corolla axio other than that it's not have any major failures.

it looks to me like a market manipulation by importers

The Axio with the CVT box and the 1.5 engine manages perhaps 1km/l more than the Altis

Yes machan my relatives axio with 1.5 VVTI and cvt box does about 9.5km/l in city and about 12km/l outstation. I think both the 141 and the 141 axio is one of the most reliable vehicles on the market today.

Edited by Reckless