• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Micro Panda Geely Lc 1.3

dreezone

I have seen lots of advertisements in this car. It is full option with 1.3 engine. Microcars says the price will be around 1.39M.

2011_geely_panda_lc_05-4d25114e2bad5-m:610x450.jpggeely-nanoq-by-lynx-630.jpg

02.jpg

Anybody using this car?

Glad if anybody can share their experience.

Specifications

Engine

1.3 Ltr Gasoline 4 cylinder inline, 4 stroke, DOHC 16 Valave, EFI, with Volvo technology.

Maximum Power

85hp (63kW) @ 6,000 rpm

Maximum Torque

110Nm @ 3,400 rpm

Transmission

5 speed manual Transmission, Front wheel drive

Steering

Rack & Pinion, Power Assisted Steering

Brakes

Front Disc/Rear Drum + Vacuum Booster

Suspension

Front McPherson Struts

Rear Hybrid-link independent Coil Spring.

Dimensions

Length 3,598mm, Width 1,630mm, Height 1,465mm

Wheel Base 2,340mm

Track Front 1,420mm, Rear 1,410mm

Tyres

165/60R14 with Optional 14" Alloy wheels

Safety

Energy absorbing steering column

Optional Driver & Passenger Air Bag

Optional ABS with EBD

High Mounted brake lamp

Front & Rear Fog Lamps

Rear Demister

Electronic Anti-Theft System

Convenience Features

Factory Fitted A/C with pre-filter

Central mounted control panel - Ergonomically design for easy use

Remote central door locking

Front, Rear Electric power window

FM Radio, Optional CD/MP3 player

Power mirrors

Rear row seat headrest

Rear defogger

Chrome plated Inner/Outer handle

Colours

Moonlight Silver, Lemon Green, Pure White, Wheat Yellow, Brown Black, Lucky Red

Warranty

Two years or 50,000km, which ever occurs first

Please Note: All the specifications, features and equipment detailed on this page are based upon the latest information at the time of publishing. Micro Cars Limited reserve the right to make model and specification changes at any time without prior notice.

Edited by dreezone

I've seen few of these cars on the road. Considering the price and options i think it would be a good buy in that price bracket :). It would be better if you can do a test drive, after all it's you who would be driving and living with it :). Also check the availability of spares

If it's that price it's worth..I have also seen few of them...I think their Geely sedan price also ranging 1.9 million..It's a good looking car too...If anybody who's using that car in this forum..will be able to help you... :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE

Why is it that there is an electric code attached to the car in the second pic ?

Its no the electric version that they are selling here right ? :huh:

Anyhow a five star crash rating is very impressive for a chinese car

http://www.geely.com/Brands/international/news/international_news/29855.html

Last October they (micro) said the price will be 1.2 million and first lot will be released on Feb 2011. They must have changed the price since then. Anyway there were some news paper articles saying there is a high demand for this vehicle. Anyway exterior look is fantastic especially black color. (seen some cars in the road.

Why is it that there is an electric code attached to the car in the second pic ?

Its no the electric version that they are selling here right ? :huh:

Anyhow a five star crash rating is very impressive for a chinese car

http://www.geely.com/Brands/international/news/international_news/29855.html

Is this car Chinese? I thought Microcars assemble them in Srilanka? :unsure:

I too have seen a few around on roads already, looks nice for a small Chinese hatch :) Like it much more than any Indian offerings at that price segment. I bet this is much better than a crappy Maruti 800 or maybe even the Alto, hopefully it'd lead to the downfall of the 80s tech and styling and kick 800s a**

• Like 1

Mate..Geely is a chines brand..but this car which is in Sri Lanka assembled by Micro in Sri Lanka using Volvo Technology (As stated in their web site)..like stiggy pointed out..If it's having five stars crash ratings..it might be one of the most safest hatch backs around.. :rolleyes:

Mate..Geely is a chines brand..but this car which is in Sri Lanka assembled by Micro in Sri Lanka using Volvo Technology (As stated in their web site)..like stiggy pointed out..If it's having five stars crash ratings..it might be one of the most safest hatch backs around.. :rolleyes:

@ Reckless- Like Abeysinghe said its just assembled in Sri Lanka, all the designing and parts come from china :)

@ AbeysingheE- Hold your horses mate, dont get into the whole "Volvo Technology" buzz. I know someone who sold his swift and bought a Trend cause he was kind of "the patriotic type" You know "siya rata de siri sapa de" kind of guy ;)

But he was very disappointing with the so called volvo technology and said it did only 8Kmpl, wanted to sell it and go back to a swift but unfortunately it seems that a second hand market for micro is non existing <_<

Volvo Technology comes from Geely owning Vovlo :)

The back of this car looks like it was copied from a Toyota Aygo. The front looks like a passo or a daihatsu mira. When I was last at the British motor show I noticed a lot of chinese people photographing every single detail of even bog standard consumer cars :) But hey, if its any good it gives us a few options ....

I have seen lots of advertisements in this car. It is full option with 1.3 engine. Microcars says the price will be around 1.39M.

2011_geely_panda_lc_05-4d25114e2bad5-m:610x450.jpggeely-nanoq-by-lynx-630.jpg

02.jpg

Anybody using this car?

Glad if anybody can share their experience.

Specifications

Engine

1.3 Ltr Gasoline 4 cylinder inline, 4 stroke, DOHC 16 Valave, EFI, with Volvo technology.

Maximum Power

85hp (63kW) @ 6,000 rpm

Maximum Torque

110Nm @ 3,400 rpm

Transmission

5 speed manual Transmission, Front wheel drive

Steering

Rack & Pinion, Power Assisted Steering

Brakes

Front Disc/Rear Drum + Vacuum Booster

Suspension

Front McPherson Struts

Rear Hybrid-link independent Coil Spring.

Dimensions

Length 3,598mm, Width 1,630mm, Height 1,465mm

Wheel Base 2,340mm

Track Front 1,420mm, Rear 1,410mm

Tyres

165/60R14 with Optional 14" Alloy wheels

Safety

Energy absorbing steering column

Optional Driver & Passenger Air Bag

Optional ABS with EBD

High Mounted brake lamp

Front & Rear Fog Lamps

Rear Demister

Electronic Anti-Theft System

Convenience Features

Factory Fitted A/C with pre-filter

Central mounted control panel - Ergonomically design for easy use

Remote central door locking

Front, Rear Electric power window

FM Radio, Optional CD/MP3 player

Power mirrors

Rear row seat headrest

Rear defogger

Chrome plated Inner/Outer handle

Colours

Moonlight Silver, Lemon Green, Pure White, Wheat Yellow, Brown Black, Lucky Red

Warranty

Two years or 50,000km, which ever occurs first

Please Note: All the specifications, features and equipment detailed on this page are based upon the latest information at the time of publishing. Micro Cars Limited reserve the right to make model and specification changes at any time without prior notice.

I am just curious, do you think this is an attempt by a sales guy at Micro to advertise without paying Autolanka its dues ? ....... I'm slightly spooked by the last sentence ....

I am just curious, do you think this is an attempt by a sales guy at Micro to advertise without paying Autolanka its dues ? ....... I'm slightly spooked by the last sentence ....

you maybe right The Don it is like advertising attempt.

@ AbeysingheE- Hold your horses mate, dont get into the whole "Volvo Technology" buzz. I

Just beacuase Geely owns Volvo, deosn't mean all Geelys are made with Volvo technology.

If this were true we're very close to seeing Tata buses with Land Rover technology and Tata cars with Jaguar technology. LMAO

Edited by madmax
  • Like 1

Test drove it a couple of months back. Its actually quite a decent car. Ride and handling are extremely good for it's class and price, miles ahead of the indian crap. It reminded me of a pug 206, no exaggeration.

Engine is very reluctant to rev though, and the gearbox is notchy. No Auto option AFAIK.

Build quality is also much improved from the first micros. No rattles, creaks or squeaks, nothing fell off and panel gaps and such are pretty good. Have to see how it holds together over the longer term.

It DOES have a 1.3L engine though so dunno how economical it will be. Claimed figure is 10 in town.

Just because these cars are assembled in Sri Lanka (There's no local value addition btw, except for the Micro sticker) and it has 'Volvo Technology' tag on it, I wouldn't go and buy one right now. Simply because these cars are very new to the market and nobody knows the design issues, assembling problems and the second hand value. Call me unpatriotic (I'm pretty sure there will be many who will do so) but I am very unimpressed by Micro's after sales service. In the past, one Rexton owner posted in AL that he was asked to change the engine after running like 50k and I personally know one Trend owner who was asked to change the gearbox after running like 40k and one Micro MPV owner who cannot get spare parts from Micro because Micro no longer gets spares for the very first van (they called it Sri Lankan made but they were imported from Hafei).

Apart from the fact that Geely bought Volvo, I wonder exactly what is the 'Volvo Technology' in these cars. If Micro flaunts the term 'Volvo Technology' in all their ads, they should also mention what exactly in the car is designed/developed or made by Volvo.

On a positive note, I do applaud the safety rating of Panda and hope that we have some good competition for the cheap Indian death traps we see on the market, from Chinese and Malaysian manufacturers.

Test drove it a couple of months back. Its actually quite a decent car. Ride and handling are extremely good for it's class and price, miles ahead of the indian crap. It reminded me of a pug 206, no exaggeration.

Engine is very reluctant to rev though, and the gearbox is notchy. No Auto option AFAIK.

Build quality is also much improved from the first micros. No rattles, creaks or squeaks, nothing fell off and panel gaps and such are pretty good. Have to see how it holds together over the longer term.

It DOES have a 1.3L engine though so dunno how economical it will be. Claimed figure is 10 in town.

Being a 1.3l manual does it accelerate better than a 1.0l? What about the interior space and the outer size? Is it same as an vitz?

Just because these cars are assembled in Sri Lanka (There's no local value addition btw, except for the Micro sticker) and it has 'Volvo Technology' tag on it, I wouldn't go and buy one right now. Simply because these cars are very new to the market and nobody knows the design issues, assembling problems and the second hand value.

I agree with you machan, and probably you would also have to be on a waiting list to get one..

I too have seen a few around on roads already, looks nice for a small Chinese hatch :) Like it much more than any Indian offerings at that price segment. I bet this is much better than a crappy Maruti 800 or maybe even the Alto, hopefully it'd lead to the downfall of the 80s tech and styling and kick 800s a**

The Maruti's drive a lot better than the Chinese cars though. Not sure exactly why, but I suspect its got something to do with how the transmission is laid out; for they all seem to have the same engine capacity.