• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Sports Car?

madmax

Which one would you choose?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these cars would you choose?

• BMW M3
    • Nissan GTR
    • Porsche 911 Turbo
    • Maserati GranTurismo

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, if you were given $70k-$80K (hypothetically in the U.S) to spend on a weekend sports car which one of these would you get, and why? Within that budget some of the cars listed could be brought brand new, and the others used. The options are,

BMW M3

Nissan GTR

Porsche 911 Turbo (or 4S)

Maserati GT.

Anything else you would consider?

I would definitely go for the 911 turbo.The 911 is more practical to drive in a daily basis as well. but on track days this car can be great fun 2 drive. By the looks of the Maserati GT you wish it would go fast,but it dosen't. BMW M3 are good but it just looks vulgar. Other than the 911 I'd go for the GT-R AKA Godzilla :D

Other than those I would go for a M6.The car sounds good with it's V10 roar.Good performance. A cadillac CTS-V coupe wouldnt be bad either. the only Merc I would go for is the new CLS AMG (in your budget's case a used one)

Edited by YesinLegend

• 9 months later...

Got this in the mail today, 2012 GT-R brochure. The dealer is offering me a test drive too!! Can't afford one right now, but seriously considering one for the future. Over time list has narrowed down to GT-R vs 911 Turbo

a0006k.jpg

Edited by madmax
  • Like 1

Got this in the mail today, 2012 GT-R brochure. The dealer is offering me a test drive too!! Can't afford one right now, but seriously considering one for the future. Over time list has narrowed down to GT-R vs 911 Turbo

a0006k.jpg

You just wanted to show us a picture that included your made in China bit of tech, didn't you? :P

You just wanted to show us a picture that included your made in China bit of tech, didn't you? :P

Dude, it was "designed in California!" LOL ..When I get a GT-R you have a good reason to visit me here.

• Like 1

Guys, if you were given $70k-$80K (hypothetically in the U.S) to spend on a weekend sports car which one of these would you get, and why? Within that budget some of the cars listed could be brought brand new, and the others used. The options are,

BMW M3

Nissan GTR

Porsche 911 Turbo (or 4S)

Maserati GT.

Anything else you would consider?

a TOYOTA supra :smilie_liebe9:

• Like 1

Dude, it was "designed in California!" LOL ..When I get a GT-R you have a good reason to visit me here.

We have 3 GT-Rs in SL now dude. Coming all the way to Amish Land, Ohio to see a GT-R? Not a good reason. You'll have to raise the stakes. How about a Ferrari California? Or an Italia?

• Like 1

So i havent driven either a GTR or a 911 Turbo. But I am torn with the choice. For flat out fast laps I would take the GTR any day, but for a great sunday drive in the mountains, man that Flat 6 in the porsche sounds good.

also for that price range you cant get a decent turbo. Now the car i would pick over both of those is a used GT3 :).

• 2 years later...