• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Drifter In The Making

kotte mafia

Working on the newest project car for an car enthusiast at the new garage premise

Vehicle cost : 1500 US $

Shipping cost : 2000 US $

Model : Nissan Silvia S14 – 1996 model

Engine : 2.4Ltr K series

Transmission : 5 speed manual

100,000 + miles done (the clock said 112,480)

Stranded US domestic version no modifications done

future Plans : making a Drift car out of this from ground up

post-18774-052865600 1301468705_thumb.jp

post-18774-068727300 1301468744_thumb.jp

• Like 1

" Model : Nissan Silvia S14 – 1996 model " this can be imported to SL ?? :unsure:

This is not in SL. There`s no way that a 14+ year old car can be legally imported to SL. <_<

Working on the newest project car for an car enthusiast at the new garage premise

Vehicle cost : 1500 US $

Shipping cost : 2000 US $

Model : Nissan Silvia S14 – 1996 model

Engine : 2.4Ltr K series

So there`s no restrictions on importing old cars to where you live? Or did you apply for some sort of an import permit for this?

BLu3HaZe - yes machang we did the GTR 33 Supra Engine swap & its in dubai these days getting fitted with a turbo kit theres a potential buyer for that car and he wanted it modded up a lil bit more with twin turbo rather than the single turbo we had

deffa will keep you posted on the improvements ... making the order list these days and planning on how far we are going to go with this this time .... thinking of not to send it to dubai for the serious MOD's this time around cos we have some mechanics in hand in town to do the needful at our place

MrCat - first of all the silvia we have is a LHD so first you need to convert it to a RHD before you think of bringing it to SL

and on importing to SL i have no clue about that cos i have never tried it we bring down what we need from California, USA

theres no restrictions on bringing down old cars to the middle east from anywhere from the world the only thing is if its a RHD you need to convert it to a LHD before bringing but thats in very special cases .... for the normal bloke its banned to run conversions from 2000 i guess im not sure when the rule came to effect cos then i was not here i was doing my O/L's in SL ... :lol:

a very strict inspection and a shakedown is given to every car when its imported before it ever get registered in the local RMV .. where they check everything before they issue the annual registration permit so if its registered that means its allowed to drive no one cares on the manufacture year

Edited by kotte mafia

BLu3HaZe - yes machang we did the GTR 33 Supra Engine swap & its in dubai these days getting fitted with a turbo kit theres a potential buyer for that car and he wanted it modded up a lil bit more with twin turbo rather than the single turbo we had

deffa will keep you posted on the improvements ... making the order list these days and planning on how far we are going to go with this this time ....  thinking of not to send it to dubai for the serious MOD's this time around cos we have some mechanics in hand in town to do the needful at our place

Ah ok, didn't get why you preferred a 2JZ over the RB26 though. That must be a monster by now I guess, drag car?

This car is actually a 240SX with a KA24DE? You going to stick with the same engine or drop in the RB26 from the GT-R coupled with RB25 tranny? That'd make a good drift car though a bit heavy in the front right?

Best of luck with the project! :) Nice to see interesting threads in the forum again instead of the recent multitude of fights

BLu3HaZe machang the main reason we took out the RB engine and dropped the 2J was maintenance because over here skyline was the forbidden fruit you can say because there was a to import by the Gov. due to some reason i dont know it was one sort after exotic by the locals so what came down here stayed here and the bann on conversions meant even thought that bann on importing was lifted after a while you couldn't bring cars and register them most of the skylines here ran on Dubai plates and local mechanics due to the lack of speciments never knew on how to properly take care of a RB engine so swaps were done al the time to avoid the headake of travelling up and down to dubai for minor tuneups and given the circumstances the 2J is much more rugged and will withstand abuse than the RB series so people preferred it over the RB series

the main reason for us was lack of knowledge on how to properly take care of a RB so that pushed us to do the swap to a 2J

yes it is a 240SX and no we are not going to put the old RB of the GTR into the silvia we are just going to rebuild the engine from ground up by trying to be as original as we can be no crossbreeding here we are trying to keep it light as possible and to do some grt professional work cos we have plans on competing in the dubai autodrome soon

and we have found some good technicians(one srilankan in specific) who is good with the RB as wel as the K series engine the bugger worked in hongkong before coming here a hidden GEM now working for us

so keep you guys posted on what happens ....

I thought the RB was one of the strongest and most durable engines ever made along with it's rock solid iron bock, but you must be saying without all the expertise to maintain it, the 2JZ was more favourable right? Too bad about the 4WD system and HICAS though, the strong points of the GT-R handling if I'm not mistaken, right?

So you're situated in Saudi or another state of UAE? Didn't get the import restriction part cuz of that.

So would you atleast turbo it? If you strip the whole car, the weight offset would be very small I guess. Good luck on the racing too!

Ah yes, generally SL people got good brains but are damn lazy, lucky to have come across such a guy who isn't :)

Stiggy bro, don't you think a GT35 is a bit too big for a drift machine? :) Drags, yup sure but this needs response and handling more than raw power as I know, so sorting out the suspension, brakes and some lightweight forged internals being on top of the list is my guess

Stiggy bro, don't you think a GT35 is a bit too big for a drift machine? :) Drags, yup sure but this needs response and handling more than raw power as I know, so sorting out the suspension, brakes and some lightweight forged internals being on top of the list is my guess

Hmmm yeah but wouldn't more torque and HP help spin the wheels uncontrollably :D

After all that is what drifting is isnt it, none of those fake crappy handbrake turns our guys do here.You loose grip simply because of too much torque :action-smiley-035:

Ohh and please dont add a shopping cart handle to that :action-smiley-034:

Edited by The Stig

I think you need to spin the wheels controllably while going sideways :)

That Mustang of Vaughn Gittin sure puts out a lot of power, but afaik other lightweight Jap cars aren't like that

As for the use of the handbrake, seen videos of the rear wheels locking momentarily even in D1, S15 IIRC

Edited by BLu3HaZe

BLu3HaZe yes machang all the options which came with the RB engine specific to the Skyline which made it stand out from the crowd was dropped cos the 2J couldn't support it that included the 4 wheel drive system ... the gauges like the G meter .. and the skyline now became a real wheel drive drifter

we are based in the sultanate of oman which is between UAE and yeman

still not sure on which path we are going to take with the Silvia cos the client never came up with a number that he wanted to put down to build the drifter

this is what comes to my mind as the Spec. list for my buddy

Complete motor set/clip EVERYTHING:

- engine

- tranny

- shifter

- full harness

- tranny harness

- ECU

- ignitor

- CAS

- Oxygen Sensor

- Intercooler

- Intercooler Piping

- bov

- vaccume lines

- SR radiator or custom upper hose

- KA harness

- Heater hose

- Turbo manifold

- Turbo

- wastegate

- down pipe

- intercooler and brackets

- intercooler piping

- bov

- fuel pump / regulator

- engine management

- oil lines

- misc vaccmues lines

- couplers and t-bolt clamps

If we are going to a 2J swap I would do something like this I did some homework online and came up with this setup so any one who Actually did such a swap is welcomed to share his or her comments

Engine:

2JZGTE

Turbo and parts:

Precision GT35R and Synapse external wastegate:

Gearbox:

5 Speed 1JZGTE R154 from 1993y JDM Toyota Supra MA70 with 1JZ:

Clutch kit:

Spec Stage 3+ clutch kit + DW lightweight flywheel:

suspension and wheels

Eibach springs and 18x8.5" and 18x9.5" Gold Work VS-XX Wheels

Add on's

Apexi Super Ground System, Apexi N1 Exhaust, Injen Shortram intake, limited slip differential

I'm not a pro turner nor a mechanic to recommend such work im also doing a lot of homework online and asking fellow car lover on how to do this right so I would really appreciate what kind of suggestions you guys have on doing such a job and what path you will take if you were in my shoes so please feel free to drop your comments so I can talk with my friends and the crew and see if it's going to fit our budget

P.S here are some pic's of our tune up shop the garage is not so far from here

securedownload2xk.jpg

securedownload3cm.jpg

Edited by kotte mafia