• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Paint Alloy Wheels

CK2

Question

hi,

I decide to paint my car's Alloy Wheels...,

is there any special paint or techniques to paint Alloy wheels?

what are the things i should consider before painting?

please share your ideas and experience..

thanks in advance..

(Sorry if this is a repost)

21 answers to this question

U'll need to fill the chips and get it painted. Not too sure about the paint type. Advance car guys at dehiwala does it.. Best thingi is to get it done

quoted me 16K for paint 4 wheels. don't know whether it is reasonable, but I decided to live with same wheels for a while.

Spreymech gave me a rough quotation of 8.5k for all four wheels and calipers.

But, if you're handy with spray cans, you can do the job yourself. Lots of DIYs on the net.

spray cans as in TOA cans?

cos it works well on calipers

Check with U & H wheels in Slave Island. thay did a good job for me. and can borrow a temp wheel set untill the job is finished.

how much did it cost?

also am*la at slave island and dehiwala might do...

can PM u the numbers if u need

quoted me 16K for paint 4 wheels. don't know whether it is reasonable, but I decided to live with same wheels for a while.

Oops, 16K is too much mate. Recently I have done a paint job for 6.5K for Toyota OEM 15" wheels. 3 paint codes and 2 lacquer codes with 2K paint. Excellent job.

This is not for my personal use. Going to sell this. But, before that I wanted to do it perfectly. :). Check the paint quality from the attached images.

Edited by Prami

Oops, 16K is too much mate. Recently I have done a paint job for 6.5K for Toyota OEM 15" wheels. 3 paint codes and 2 lacquer codes with 2K paint. Excellent job.

This is not for my personal use. Going to sell this. But, before that I wanted to do it perfectly. :). Check the paint quality from the attached images.

quality is superb mate....

where did u get it done from?

looks nice.

quality is superb mate....

where did u get it done from?

@ Rattanapitiya. From Rattanapitiya, there is a small cross road to Bellanwila. Cant remember exact name of that road. :( Its a small garage.

well... Raththanapitiya is near for me. Can we get another 4 wheels to drive while they paint the alloys?

I went there on last weekend. He went out of the country on last week for a business journey. :(