• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Tv Navigation System

shihanc

Question

Hi,

I own a Toyota Vitz 2007/08 model. Yesterday I did a Engine Tune-up. While they doing the tune up they have removed the car battery from the car. Finally they restore them and completed their job. Since then my Car TV Navigation System giving me an error saying that insert the correct MAP cd. I am unable to do anything. Please help me...What should i do. Is there any reset procedure.

Thanks

Shihan

Edited by shihanc

15 answers to this question

Hi,

I own a Toyota Vitz 2007/08 model. Yesterday I did a Engine Tune-up. While they doing the tune up they have removed the car battery from the car. Finally they restore them and completed their job. Since then my Car TV Navigation System giving me an error saying that insert the correct MAP cd. I am unable to do anything. Please help me...What should i do. Is there any reset procedure.

Thanks

Shihan

Some car audio shops in Colombo have this map dvd. I have unlocked one from P****lanka at Bamba.

Hi,

Thanks

Shihan

Your navi has reset itself cause the battery has been removed, if you go to a place like Pe*co they will be able to sort things out for you

Hi,

Thanks

Shihan

Everything sorted.

It cost me 2mins of my time + Rs.1500

Thanks guys...

may be wrong but i don't think you need to reset it if your car comes with the OEM Map CD from Japan. mine came with one and i've seen the agents use it when they disconnected the battery from the terminal.

what's the model# of your player.

Does this mean that every time you disconnect the battery, your navi will have to be re-set and you have to fork-out 1500/-??

Car Tv Navigation System error pop-out again, without removing the car battery, while I was driving...

Car Tv Navigation System error pop-out again, without removing the car battery, while I was driving...

Too bad mate :(

Im afraid there is nothing we can do, you'll have to take to the earlier place and explain the situation.

Maybe they will give some sort of discount or something

Im afraid there is nothing we can do, you'll have to take to the earlier place and explain the situation.

'The Stig',

According to a friend of mine who is doing this system for Sala informs me that navigational system has a very small round battery in build in the system this will stand few days without car battery power.

I can suggest a method. To have a rechargeable battery pack only to the system that will work as a UPS and that has to be separated with a Diode arrangement it will not reverse the supply to the car battery. This method will not cost much. Have to check the draw of current to the system before selecting the rechargeable battery pack and connect same to the car battery.I think all computer boards have small round battery what I have mentioned above.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Try to find correct Navigation model software from following link;

http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i-y-projects/119124-vitz-insert-map-cd-solution

and try to burn a DVD with correct name. It may solve your problem. I tried with my car and solved the problem. Leave the DVD always at the Map drive. Then never such problem will occur. :) Not necessary to waste money unreasonably. This map installation DVD should be a part of your Navigation system.

Edited by mazda zoom

Managed to get it done for FREE from the same place... ;)

Try to find correct Navigation model software from following link;

http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i-y-projects/119124-vitz-insert-map-cd-solution

and try to burn a DVD with correct name. It may solve your problem. I tried with my car and solved the problem. Leave the DVD always at the Map drive. Then never such problem will occur. :) Not necessary to waste money unreasonably. This map installation DVD should be a part of your Navigation system.

Thanks for sharing this link...unfortunately w57 data is not available at the moment. :(