• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Air Flow System

Newbi

Ok dudes.... Here is a question from clueless me......Would removing the original air filter, the filter box and putting in a K&N Filter along with the heat shield and everything that requires it to connect to the motor cause it to do well on fuel..... Will it have an effect on the life of the Air Flow sensor…The car being Nissan and all ……......don’t ask me why this change has to be done on a N16......cause I know some modifications are not meant to be done on some cars…its just immoral…and some may call it unethical….

Cheers

Ok dudes.... Here is a question from clueless me......Would removing the original air filter, the filter box and putting in a K&N Filter along with the heat shield and everything that requires it to connect to the motor cause it to do well on fuel..... Will it have an effect on the life of the Air Flow sensor…The car being Nissan and all ……......don't ask me why this change has to be done on a N16......cause I know some modifications are not meant to be done on some cars…its just immoral…and some may call it unethical….

Cheers

B):rolleyes: dont be so serious dude..

No you will not have any problems with you A/F sensor.. but you could have a problem if your going in for a cone filter as the A/F may not fit the the after market piping.. and on newer Nissans that means that the car wont start..

Ok dudes.... Here is a question from clueless me......Would removing the original air filter, the filter box and putting in a K&N Filter along with the heat shield and everything that requires it to connect to the motor cause it to do well on fuel..... Will it have an effect on the life of the Air Flow sensor…The car being Nissan and all ……......don’t ask me why this change has to be done on a N16......cause I know some modifications are not meant to be done on some cars…its just immoral…and some may call it unethical….

Cheers

bro are you a family man ? if so I suggest you stick to the N16 withiout playing with it... if not.. I recomend you sell the thing and get something else where you could modify it to your hearts content... Hint - get a civic....!!

Cheers

Hi,

Nope go for it, it is one of the easiest and safest things you can do to get a bit more zip in your car. Just make sure you keep the stock stuff so that in case you want to sell it you have the option of switching it back to stock. Make sure that the piping is done right so go and meet Anura at Tokimo's next to Japan Lanka in Delkanda he'll do it for you. The K&N with heatshield has a 3" inlet. So the initial piping that connects to it has to be 3" diameter, then it needs to reduce down to two inches where it connects to the MAF (Airflow sensor), you need to only redirect it upto the MAF as the balance piping is fine which leads to the throttle body. to connect the MAF to the fabricated piping get a silicon connector with stainless steel T-clamps. Also make sure that there are allowances, as in hole drilled for the Intake Air Temp (IAT) sensor and whatever other sensors or vacuum hoses are attached after the MAF, the IAT needs to attach to the pipe just after the Cone filter. Get the cone filter directed as close to you fender wall as possible, the colder the air the better.

G'luck :)

Cheers, porky

Hi,

Nope go for it, it is one of the easiest and safest things you can do to get a bit more zip in your car. Just make sure you keep the stock stuff so that in case you want to sell it you have the option of switching it back to stock. Make sure that the piping is done right so go and meet Anura at Tokimo's next to Japan Lanka in Delkanda he'll do it for you. The K&N with heatshield has a 3" inlet. So the initial piping that connects to it has to be 3" diameter, then it needs to reduce down to two inches where it connects to the MAF (Airflow sensor), you need to only redirect it upto the MAF as the balance piping is fine which leads to the throttle body. to connect the MAF to the fabricated piping get a silicon connector with stainless steel T-clamps. Also make sure that there are allowances, as in hole drilled for the Intake Air Temp (IAT) sensor and whatever other sensors or vacuum hoses are attached after the MAF, the IAT needs to attach to the pipe just after the Cone filter. Get the cone filter directed as close to you fender wall as possible, the colder the air the better.

G'luck :)

Cheers, porky

porky

i need to contact you , pls give me your E-mail address or mobile no for me to contact you

or pls mail me on "[email protected]"

thanks

Hia Mateees,

Thanks for the info guys.... Its not my car... Its for my Bro...Soooo....I would love doing it to my Verossa but it has one piece covering the Air Filter...Motor...and throttle body....Feel sorry to do awaywith it...Cheers...Just outa curiosity....What kinda power increase do you get by changing the air intake system ?

bro are you a family man ? if so I suggest you stick to the N16 withiout playing with it... if not.. I recomend you sell the thing and get something else where you could modify it to your hearts content... Hint - get a civic....!!

Yes, get a Civic. The new 2006 has a intercooled air flow system on the 1800cc one...Dont know what it excatly means though :)

Hia Mateees,

Thanks for the info guys.... Its not my car... Its for my Bro...Soooo....I would love doing it to my Verossa but it has one piece covering the Air Filter...Motor...and throttle body....Feel sorry to do awaywith it...Cheers...Just outa curiosity....What kinda power increase do you get by changing the air intake system ?

I love the Verosa machang, how is it? Show some pics will u?

Yes, get a Civic. The new 2006 has a intercooled air flow system on the 1800cc one...Dont know what it excatly means though :)

Thanks guys for the suggested change of car... HE He he ...but not much of a Honda fan and dont think I will get to change my present car for some time....

Yes, get a Civic. The new 2006 has a intercooled air flow system on the 1800cc one...Dont know what it excatly means though :(

Verossa is good.......now that I have had it for just over a year would love to go in for something bigger and faster....BUT..BUT... dont think office would let me....come to think of it no way in hell...Pics I have are from the web site of the dealer... If thats ok... let me take it to clean park before I get pics from thge engine bay and interior... cheers.... HOW DO I PUT A PIC...LOL

Thanks guys for the suggested change of car... HE He he ...but not much of a Honda fan and dont think I will get to change my present car for some time....

dude.. sometime back I used to talk just like you.... :( I were never a honda fan either.. heck I didnt even care for honda's even when I see it on the road... I used to love California's, Carinas ( used to be one of my fav. ) and mazda's until one day one of my friends in office got a honda... it's so funny come to think of it how I changed in to Honda's... I mean talking about just the ordinary average car... honda comes first for me... and bro.. dont believe me ask someone else... the N16 sucks big time.. :)

Don't mind Dragster machang. Ur in some good company in the "not much of a Honda fan" section :)

the N16 sucks big time.. :)

Dont I know it mate....... : :(

Don't mind Dragster machang. Ur in some good company in the "not much of a Honda fan" section :(

Hehe...hehe.... :( ....To some honda lovers all stories have to end in honda.....just like the story of the boy who had an obsession with the "Mackka" :(

Dont I know it mate....... : :(

Hehe...hehe.... :( ....To some honda lovers all stories have to end in honda.....just like the story of the boy who had an obsession with the "Mackka" :(

whatever... mate ...:)

Dont I know it mate....... : :)

What does this statment mean? Honda, love, Mackka... Please can you please elobartae on this. I want to know mate....

We arabs? You guys are from Arabia?

And how is the Honda+mecca story made?

Common Hola you know better than this. Dont let the PPL take the micky out of you. Havent u heard of the boy who wrote an essay abt Meccas ( Fleas)

Common Hola you know better than this. Dont let the PPL take the micky out of you. Havent u heard of the boy who wrote an essay abt Meccas ( Fleas)

No Machang its like this, there is a friend of mine who ownes a Honda HRV, he is a Honda freak too. And he likes this girl in the town who we named a nickname as "Mackha". During school we used to nickname this girl as "Mackha"..So I tought that phrase from Newbi was very familier :action-smiley-060:

No Machang its like this, there is a friend of mine who ownes a Honda HRV, he is a Honda freak too. And he likes this girl in the town who we named a nickname as "Mackha". During school we used to nickname this girl as "Mackha"..So I tought that phrase from Newbi was very familier :action-smiley-060:

lol...

Hia Mateees,

Well if done right you can expect 0-5 more horses at the flywheel, also your N16 doesn't suck it just come highly detuned, if given the proper care and right mods it can be made to haul ass. As for your Verossa it has a cover which can be removed to get to the goodies underneath, afterwards you can replace the cover and no one will be wiser to the mods laying beneath. Don't be intimiated by high heat resistant PTFEs (ie plastic) :)

porky

i need to contact you , pls give me your E-mail address or mobile no for me to contact you

or pls mail me on "[email protected]"

thanks

Hi Mudith,

Sent you a mail, give me a holla back.

Cheers, porky

No Machang its like this, there is a friend of mine who ownes a Honda HRV, he is a Honda freak too. And he likes this girl in the town who we named a nickname as "Mackha". During school we used to nickname this girl as "Mackha"..So I tought that phrase from Newbi was very familier :alc:

ohh man ... is she "Mackha" still around ? :(