• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Katu Will Be Happenning On 24th & 25th

Grand Civic

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys..this is way OT, so if u r not darin w. dnt bother reading!..darin, mchan im damith.! from C*S!!! hehe..mchan, happy to see u r doing very well in sl racing scenario! anyways, me being fully occupied with freaking EXAMS!, have no chance of coming to sl till the 1st week of july! after that hopefully i'll see u at gajaba or pannala ya..? anyways, good luck bro.. keep up the good wrk mchan..

cheers... :(

hi damith

hows it going, looking forward to seeing you drive that fast 1350cc vtec of yours. gd luck wit exams. will catch up when you come down.

Hi Darin, thanks for the invitation. Ya we would love to come and cover the event behalf of AutoLanka e-Magazine. However it would be nice if the relevant officials in the club could contact us on this subject. Selected articles and photos will also get published in printed magazines (LankanVibe) which are distributed in countries like U.K.

Hi Madz

The meet is organized by the Sri Lanka Motor Cycle Club, the contact no is 2699168.

Machang the best thing to do is call them and Talk to Mr Ismail Osman. He will sort everything out for you guys, or let me know how many pit passes you want and i shall try to sort it out. Thanks for all the support you guys give the local racing drivers.

Hey yeah....

or other way around, Katunayaka air port runaway as a drag track on weekends

Could you please try not to display your idiocy? It would be much appreciated.

PS: Sorry for being OT, just couldn't contain my annoyance.

I think we can forgive u. He manages to push the mods over the limit at least once a day. I already had my snap for the day on this thread.

Ha Ha well Hola there are two requirements to be a smart ass, don't worry though, you got the second part down pat!

P.S. Is he always this stupid or is he making a special effort today?

Ha Ha well Hola there are two requirements to be a smart ass, don't worry though, you got the second part down pat!

P.S. Is he always this stupid or is he making a special effort today?

my man daemon, never too far from cleaning the site :blink:

hey is the katu track been used as an air strip as well ?

Katukurunda is still an active airfield.mainly used as a flying training school hub.On weekeds its a model aircraft flying club activity place.The most important speciality of Katu is that,this is the only airfield in Sri Lanka with the evidednce of crossed runways.The track joins the goose neck and the main guard room is the crossed sub runway used by RAF (Royal Aiforce).

Katukurunda is still an active airfield.mainly used as a flying training school hub.On weekeds its a model aircraft flying club activity place.The most important speciality of Katu is that,this is the only airfield in Sri Lanka with the evidednce of crossed runways.The track joins the goose neck and the main guard room is the crossed sub runway used by RAF (Royal Aiforce).

thanks for the info miniace. i was wondering what that was. interesting information.

i thought RC planes were illegal in SL....

Yes Illegal...but there are many RC planes imported before the ban came.The owners formed a club and flying them under Air Force supervision at Katukurunda.Infact the club guys are training Air Force UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) squadron ground based pilots. :action-smiley-060: good help coming from club guys.

thanks for the info miniace. i was wondering what that was. interesting information.

Thanks! unfortunately,many buildings came up in late 70s towards the end of the crossed sub runways southern end making it impossible to use.

wow... cool...

thanks for the info bro...

hey that is somthing new about the model planes... I too thought it was banned... anyways.. One day I saw this korean guy I think on "atapattama" or something he was making his own model planes and selling them as well... the guy was from panadura or something.... do you know anything about this ?

wow... cool...

hey that is somthing new about the model planes... I too thought it was banned... anyways.. One day I saw this korean guy I think on "atapattama" or something he was making his own model planes and selling them as well... the guy was from panadura or something.... do you know anything about this ?

There are few guys in SL making RC planes and flying them.But if you get caught to authorities ,its hell I should mention.Most recently an Austrian of a BOI company got caught & spent a few weeks at "welikada remand prison" :action-smiley-060:

If you really want to be involved ,can help.model aircraft flying is fun.

Dont try to import them,unless you have a good contact inside customs....dont try to fly them high..unless you know powerful cops of Airforce people.But finally if you get caught..just ask your next of kin to post a messege...Miniace will help you!! :action-smiley-060:

wow... cool...

Well, if he is from Panadura, his clients probably fly them from Katu :action-smiley-060:

Would be interesting if they put on a demo on a day we have races :action-smiley-060:

Well, if he is from Panadura, his clients probably fly them from Katu :rolleyes:

Would be interesting if they put on a demo on a day we have races :D

I know this guy from Panadura.but the best locally made ones are done by an ex-Srilankan Airlines captain from Piliyandala.

RC club guys are not given permission to fly regularly by the Air Force.So its highly unlikely to get authority from Air Force Headquarters to have two events simultaneously.

JEY and quite few other drives will be runing Group N.

Nigel also said the he will run Group N once he gets his car soughted out,

We need to support all new comers to this event,

I wish darin also runs group N Soon.

cheers.

JEY and quite few other drives will be runing Group N.

Nigel also said the he will run Group N once he gets his car soughted out,

We need to support all new comers to this event,

I wish darin also runs group N Soon.

cheers.

Hi Dims

Thanks for all your support and encouragement , will you be coming up to matara for the races , cause i remember you were there last year.

At present thinking of running group N or Group A next year , have been having numerous chats with MIVEC. TURBO on how to start work on the car. Will be getting a STI 9 spec C soon. Also try and drop in at the yard we have a sti 9 and a sti 9 type ra as well.

rohith , thusith against my modified march katu should be fun he he :rolleyes:

Hi Dims

Thanks for all your support and encouragement , will you be coming up to matara for the races , cause i remember you were there last year.

At present thinking of running group N or Group A next year , have been having numerous chats with MIVEC. TURBO on how to start work on the car. Will be getting a STI 9 spec C soon. Also try and drop in at the yard we have a sti 9 and a sti 9 type ra as well.

rohith , thusith against my modified march katu should be fun he he :rolleyes:

yes machan planing to make a trip to matara if time permits. Machan its great if you can race the STi 9 Spec C, because machan to many evos on the track. :) getting bored to see so many evo's :)

and i didnt know that you had Type RA, damn i have heard that its just so difficult to lay hands on a RA.

SLMCC organising means will be able to see some good bike races.

Vishal and the rest. NICE.

hope to see some nice bikes as well.

yep visal in full swing with all 3 bikes back up with da racers edge biker boys.. c ya all there