• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Allion/premio

AfzGTR

Hi!!

Im a student and new to AL

i went through the forum and i get a feeling that people here dont like the Premio and the Allion any specific reason???....i see many of them on the road though :rolleyes:

They are not bad cars by themselves.Infact elsewhere they serve as great reliable transports for the masses.But as it is with all Toyotas,by the time they reach here they are highly over-priced and over-hyped,and are bought mostly by cheap,unimaginative,uninformed,humourless,ugly,tasteless,boring asshats who still can't figure out how to use the forum search function.

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 2

You might be mistaken. People here don't like the Axio and Allion. The Premio doesn't get that much issue. And its the overhype.

The family car today is a lot faster and more powerful than the family car of the 60s. They might be safer and easier to drive, but the less retards in them on the roads, the better for all road users. Def don't a buncha idiots who think they are supermen behind the wheel of their new car. Its funny, back when I was starting to drive, it was the rice boys in Civics, who had body vtec even if the car was a carb. Now its the Corolla/Allion.

• 1 year later...

An ordinary Euro car may have more features than an Allion, but when it comes to spare parts, maintenance and fuel economy you have to go with Toyota :)

And this is exactly why Allions./premios/axios etc with corner poles and wanker mirrors still sell even at these retarded prices.... Because of uninformed asshats like this and their frog in the well all-hail-king-toyota mentalities.

• Like 5

Allion is not that bad and it's not super economical either. We also have one and it's a good family sedan. It has a good market value even in japan. But I must say it's not a racing car it's good for a small family. It's not good for European long highways either. But for our beautiful island it's enough I think. We can't change our local market too and 4M means a lot to a Sri Lankan so when spending on a car they go according to the trend. That's why Allion is that popular in Sri Lanka. Other jap cars in the same range are slightly low in price because our people prefer Allion as it has toyota badges. I also agree to that. But I don't agree to insulting any kind of car owner since our country is a developing country and people have a very limited budget to buy a car. I also personally think that honda civic sedan is better than toyota allion in many ways but when me and my had had to decide i said civic dad said allion he thinks about the resale value because he is not a rich person and money is very hard. I think that's why most of the people here in Sri Lanka are going for the same trend although they know that its not the best car ever. (I'm expecting a lot of negative comments to this but I'm being honest) Please correct me if I'm wrong! Thank you!

• Like 3

I have been using 2008 Allion ZRT260 (A18) for some time now and following are the pros and cons as I see.

Pros:

Fuel economy: 9kmpl+ in city traffic, 18kmpl+ outstation driving moderately(mostly 80-100kmph), 13kmpl+ outstation driving fast (mostly 100-140kph). For a family man like me who now have to travel across the country with family, 18kmpl saves considerable amount of money. VVTi+CVT combo really works pretty well here to achieve low down power/torque that the naturally aspirated petrol competition can hardly reach (e.g. 70-80kmph with just 1100rpm+ in a flat surface). What does this mean for you? Very good fuel economy + effortless driving under civilized use.

Durability: Between my self and my extended family we have pretty much used all Japanese brands over the years and Toyota has a definite advantage in durability.

Second Hand Market: I am just stating the obvious here.

Straight Line Speed as an Economy Family Car: I think A18 is just as fast as the much beloved Civic FD1(automatic) in a straight line. May be even faster to 100kph than automatic FD1.

Interior quality: quite decent compared to competition.

Features: quite decent compared to especially Japanese competition.

Comfort: quite decent compared to competition as long as you drive in a civilized manner.

Cons:

Handling: This car is not meant to be driven too hard, too often.

Comfort under Rough driving: drive this car too roughly and this cars suddenly becomes quite uncomfortable.

• Like 1

A friend of mine got astound by seeing the features an ordinary Euro car has and his 5 mil + Allion doesn't and now very well convinced a Euro would be a better bet than spending absurd amounts on these boxes.

In case you're referring to Peugeot 407 here, this same friend of yours may get even more astound by seeing the depreciation rates of 407. I really felt sorry for all those 407 owners who call back and plead to part with their 407's for 2.x million prices. Isn't millions of rupees lost on depreciation too much a price for a few bells and whistles?

Allion is not that bad and it's not super economical either. We also have one and......

4 to 6 mil to spend on a car is a very limited budget? Dunno about you man, but that's like two cars for me. And if I were to spend that much money on a car, I sure as hell wouldn't go with the trend because the masses are stupid and individuals aren't.

But I guess a lot of people enjoying owning ugly, uncomfortable cars with interiors that make a Sumeet mixer look like a Faberge egg. Or maybe it's because all they think about is one-upping their neighbours or relatives.

• Like 2

In case you're referring to Peugeot 407 here, this same friend of yours may get even more astound by seeing the depreciation rates of 407. I really felt sorry for all those 407 owners who call back and plead to part with their 407's for 2.x million prices. Isn't millions of rupees lost on depreciation too much a price for a few bells and whistles?

OH Yeh

These are the type of guys who would chop their b@lls off so that they will not need to wast money on birth contol.

I've seen some people who are on to Peugeots and will rather take thei umbrella out and walk insted on getting into a jap econbox.

when compairing with the Allion/Premio the 407 is miles ahead not only in gizmoes but also in safety performance and luxury.

It's like comparing a Tata Nano with a Premio.

• Like 2

But I guess a lot of people enjoying owning ugly, uncomfortable cars with interiors that make a Sumeet mixer look like a Faberge egg. Or maybe it's because all they think about is one-upping their neighbours or relatives.

Like our friend IJ here.. I bet the wife said, no sex until he gets a red Allion... :) So malli went crying to his Mom-in-Law, complained, quickly sold his B4 and got an Allion... and a happy ending. Now he is relegated to cart his 'extended' family across the country in his Allion... :) and save some money for some murukku to munch on the way. Wofe happy, MiL happy and most of of all IJ happy... :)

A truly Happy ending after all.

• Like 1

Machang... i should have waited till you typed your wise words of wisdom.. i finally bought a bicycle... but its not Toyota (all though i'm getting maximum kilometers with minimum liters of petrol).. After reading your post I think I might not fall asleep thinking about my bicycle's 2nd hand market. aiyoo salli....

I wouldn't exactly called it overvalued because by the time you get down a decent allion/premio with all the available options it goes over 7 mil+ and look at the sort of cars available at that range. a few hundred thousand bucks give or take can get you some nice permit cars, like sorrentos, diesel bmw 3s, fully speced audi a4s, then sonata's optimas and even hybrids with more gizmos like the camry and harrier. you guys might not know it but especially thanks to the new taxes and the flood of permit cars the unreg allion/premio market has taken a serious blow.

anyway the relatively ample availability of cheap recon parts and "badge value" (i guess) holds the resale value compared to other cars or does it? I sold my allion at 4.4 mil. It was black and had factory bluetooth and multifunction and had done only 20k and it still went for so little money. and don't think things have gotten better for the 2nd hand ones after the tax hike. despite the prices we see on autolanka you can still find good 260s in the 4.2 mil range.

So I wouldn't really look at it even as a safe investment because some of these 4.2 mil cars were paid 6 mil plus during the last tax hike.

I also personally think that honda civic sedan is better than toyota allion in many ways but when me and my had had to decide i said civic dad said allion he thinks about the resale value because he is not a rich person and money is very hard. I think that's why most of the people here in Sri Lanka are going for the same trend although they know that its not the best car ever. (I'm expecting a lot of negative comments to this but I'm being honest) Please correct me if I'm wrong! Thank you!

So people with limited budgets and not so rich would go for Allions over civics? Are you kidding me???

I don't know why you connect not being rich and resale value. You buy a car to drive around right? Not to sell it again for a profit. How are you so sure that you will be able to sell that car for around the same price after say 4-5 years of use?

If I were 'not so rich' and wanted a car for daily use, I'd rather buy a decent used car for say 1.5-2.0 mil even though it means I can only fetch 1.0m in 3 years, instead of buying a 5-6m car.

• Like 1

OH Yeh

These are the type of guys who would chop their b@lls off so that they will not need to wast money on birth contol.

I've seen some people who are on to Peugeots and will rather take thei umbrella out and walk insted on getting into a jap econbox.

when compairing with the Allion/Premio the 407 is miles ahead not only in gizmoes but also in safety performance and luxury.

It's like comparing a Tata Nano with a Premio.

Yes I agree 407 is a very good car in terms of Handling and Comfort. As long as one doesn't get astound by loosing lot of $$$ on petrol and depreciation, it's fine car indeed.

I wouldn't exactly called it overvalued because by the time you get down a decent allion/premio with all the available options it goes over 7 mil+ and look at the sort of cars available at that range. a few hundred thousand bucks give or take can get you some nice permit cars, like sorrentos, diesel bmw 3s, fully speced audi a4s, then sonata's optimas and even hybrids with more gizmos like the camry and harrier. you guys might not know it but especially thanks to the new taxes and the flood of permit cars the unreg allion/premio market has taken a serious blow.

anyway the relatively ample availability of cheap recon parts and "badge value" (i guess) holds the resale value compared to other cars or does it? I sold my allion at 4.4 mil. It was black and had factory bluetooth and multifunction and had done only 20k and it still went for so little money. and don't think things have gotten better for the 2nd hand ones after the tax hike. despite the prices we see on autolanka you can still find good 260s in the 4.2 mil range.

So I wouldn't really look at it even as a safe investment because some of these 4.2 mil cars were paid 6 mil plus during the last tax hike.

I don't think you could get an Allion/Premio for less than 4.5 now (unless vehicle is in bad shape/high mileage). Are you speaking out of specific knowledge of vehicles that changed hands during past month?

But you're right about 7 million+ not being a worthwhile price to pay for new Allion/Premio. But some people just doesn't want to run the risk with millions of Rs for a permit vehicle.

I personally would not have bought the Allion if I could get a decent BMW E90 for my budget. Now I am waiting for the Permit E90s to hit the market once they become transferable. Until then Allion is a good stop/gap car.

I don't think you could get an Allion/Premio for less than 4.5 now (unless vehicle is in bad shape/high mileage). Are you speaking out of specific knowledge of vehicles that changed hands during past month?

But you're right about 7 million+ not being a worthwhile price to pay for new Allion/Premio. But some people just doesn't want to run the risk with millions of Rs for a permit vehicle.

I personally would not have bought the Allion if I could get a decent BMW E90 for my budget. Now I am waiting for the Permit E90s to hit the market once they become transferable. Until then Allion is a good stop/gap car.

Yes I am speaking out of specific knowledge of vehicles that changed hands during past month. whats more just yesterday I was informed of two 260s on sale for 4.2 million. Two things IJ, the car market is not limited to the pages of autolanka and quoting a price is one thing and selling your car at that price is a totally different matter. The best deals are heard through word of mouth. And condition and mileage are subjective things. I mean can you find a car these days that's not advertised as "in showroom condition" or low mileage when its done over 50k? As long as you are willing to look hard enough you'll always find a good deal. Actual car prices are not what we see on the internet and they are never fixed or have a lower limit.

• Like 1

You're probably right that best deals are heard over word of mouth. I followed cars in Hitad and autolanka and I did not see Allion G grades with original auction certificates and full service history + mileage well below 50k changing hands for less than 4.5.

or a VW Passat or a Camry Hybrid