• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Should You Go For? An Eg8 Or A Corolla 100 ( As A Family Car)

dwiz

If someone has got 9 grand. What should he go for as a family vehicle( Strictly for family business, no racing at all). The main points of concern are fuel efficiency and maintanence costs.

Two of the options which are available for him are a corolla 100 and a honda civic eg8.

My personel choice is the civic. But what do you'all think?

Cheers :)

If someone has got 9 grand. What should he go for as a family vehicle( Strictly for family business, no racing at all). The main points of concern are fuel efficiency and maintanence costs.

Two of the options which are available for him are a corolla 100 and a honda civic eg8.

Cheers B)

Machang a AE100 is not very attractive and it is bound give that "old look" car to anyone. Where as the EG6 never dies. Defienietly the mainatinace cost will be huge change on both. When a Eg8 air filter is 5500/= a AE100 will be 2500...or lesser. I dont know the market value of the spares, but thats thr impression.

But definetley go for the Eg8, you will never regret it

Cheers B)

first of all you wont be able to buy anything for '9 grand'. i'll asnwer this question with the assumption that your budget is 0.9mil. i have to warn you i’m not that familiar with the local car market.

as hola pointed out AE100 is much more economical car compared to the EG8. plus due to the bodykit mania prices of EG8s have shot off the roof. i recon if u go for a 100 you'll be able to grab a bargain

Machang a AE100 is not very attractive and it is bound give that "old look" car to anyone. Where as the EG6 never dies. Defienietly the mainatinace cost will be huge change on both. When a Eg8 air filter is 5500/= a AE100 will be 2500...or lesser. I dont know the market value of the spares, but thats thr impression.

But definetley go for the Eg8, you will never regret it

Thnx for the comment macho, The guy i was talking about went for the eg8. He dosent want to upgrade it, he just uses it as a family car. But he wanted a car with good performance. Thanx to all who replied.

Cheers

Thnx for the comment macho, The guy i was talking about went for the eg8. He dosent want to upgrade it, he just uses it as a family car. But he wanted a car with good performance. Thanx to all who replied.

Cheers

Wow realy!!

Machang, tel the guy to post some pics!!

Machang a AE100 is not very attractive and it is bound give that "old look" car to anyone.

i know this a very late reply but im totally jobless today n sadly there aren’t many interesting threads in the forum lately.

about the looks of AE100, true it is bit old school but IMO so is the stock EG8

The Eg8 in Sl starts with 18 dash to 300 dash right? Did it come earlier than that? A Eg8 is 1992 right?

yeh most 18 dash r brand new cars, u can find 92-95 eg8s... most 300 dash eg8s r manufactured in 94-95 and those r domestic (twin carbs and vtecs)