• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Road Rage

jdnet

I once had the weirdest road-rage experience. I was driving along and this van came up behind me honking and tooting like crazy. There wasnt enough space for me to move aside n let him through but when there was i let him pass. As he passed he was making all sorts of hand gestures at me and honking. I just smiled and waved at him. Next thing I know the guy cuts in front of me and stops the van and gets out. and starts walking towards me. I just went around him minding my on business. Few KM down a police motorcycle follows me and flags me down and tell me that there was a complaint that i had run down a cyclist and went on without stopping. I realized the story and asked if it was a white hi-ace that made the complaint. Cop concurred. Seconds later the van in question goes by, so i pointed to it and i asked the cop if that was the van. And then I told him what happened and he was like 'okok, but if you really meet with an accident you have to stop and wait for the police'.. I gave a 'ok officer, thank you' nod and he let me go. I tried catching upto the van but couldnt find it. I found it quite absurd that the van driver went to such an extend as to falsifying a complaint... Dude's got issues....

I once had the weirdest road-rage experience. I was driving along and this van came up behind me honking and tooting like crazy. There wasnt enough space for me to move aside n let him through but when there was i let him pass. As he passed he was making all sorts of hand gestures at me and honking. I just smiled and waved at him. Next thing I know the guy cuts in front of me and stops the van and gets out. and starts walking towards me. I just went around him minding my on business. Few KM down a police motorcycle follows me and flags me down and tell me that there was a complaint that i had run down a cyclist and went on without stopping. I realized the story and asked if it was a white hi-ace that made the complaint. Cop concurred. Seconds later the van in question goes by, so i pointed to it and i asked the cop if that was the van. And then I told him what happened and he was like 'okok, but if you really meet with an accident you have to stop and wait for the police'.. I gave a 'ok officer, thank you' nod and he let me go. I tried catching upto the van but couldnt find it. I found it quite absurd that the van driver went to such an extend as to falsifying a complaint... Dude's got issues....

That sucks. What a dick. Gone are the days that I used to get aggravated over 99% of the monkeys who are behind the wheels.

Now I just get out of the way or get out of his face. Its always funny when I get a Maruti or some other insignificant make and model come up behind me, flashing their lights wanting to overtake from either side. I just get out of the way.

Not worth the hassle of what will transpire if a heated argument or some stupid maneuver will cost damage, delays or worse, a life. No where I go in my car is worth risking anything. Let the monkeys go on their way, kill themselves or worse still, someone else. One day when that happens, I will stop, clap loudly and laugh my had off at him and go away.

Also, I have stopped helping out people in accidents on the road also. I once helped out a hit and run case and the family, despite the Biyagama police saying that it was me who helped and brought him and I was not the vehicle that hit the person, kept hounding me and getting all aggro.

• Like 1

Damn right he got issues <_<

So he cant wait a little till you let him pass but has enough time to make a false complain to the police ? what a retard :blink:

• Like 1

So he cant wait a little till you let him pass but has enough time to make a false complain to the police ? what a retard :blink:

pretty much like retards we have here :lol:

Edited by nexus

Opened this thread looking for tips on road rage. Disappointed.

The only tip I can give you is to let the idiots on the road through. Its not worth it going to the effort to show them up or try to teach them a lesson by out running them, cutting them off whatever; there's just too many of them out there -You end up getting frustrated every time you're behind the wheel that way. Its tough, but I try to reign in my temper and just yield when someone's annoying me. Its just not worth the aggravation...

Edited by Kavvz

lol!! Big time! The dude's probably got nothing to do with his life...

Opened this thread looking for tips on road rage. Disappointed.

What, you want tips on Road Rage? You mean like what to do? or how to avoid it?

Dealing with road rage is a personal thing. If you cant control your own road rage, then you need professional help as it will get you, your passengers and other road users hurt or killed. Nothing you can do about others, though. Just get out of the way, thats the b est advise. Don't lock horns with the idiot who wants to overtake you and go.

People will put their own experiences here and from that you can glean the best action.

Anyhow, one of my ways tune out the madness outside is to blast my ears with euro-techno that I hv in ample supply in my USB drive.

Then again, while I'm grooving to music and ambling along - there is a good chance that I might be the cause of road rage for some other road user.

Sometimes there is no way around this, for example - some people pick up really slow, I OTOH try to get to 3rd the fastest I can (really heavy footed, scant respect for fuel economy et al), I'd like to think I'm helping the traffic move along better - but for some people tt'd be annoying to see me revving up 2 feet behind their back while they are smoothly accelerating with a 12 feet gap with the car in front!

Each of us drive differently and when others do not conform to your idea of 'correct' driving, it'd be the cause of road rage. Ignorance and avoidance (by getting the hell out of that situation) seems to work best coupled with driving within the law at all possible times.

I used to cut off the car, walk up, pull the driver out and beat him up with a cricket bat.

I don't do that anymore.

Just kidding :) I sometimes used to feel like it though, but trying to control your road rage is good for the blood pressure. Just let the maniacs through. Yesterday, there was a tinted mid 90s corolla with hazards on trying to overtake everyone from the wrong side and go past. Some people weren't letting it through but I thought I would. Because what if there was a dying patient in the car? You never know why people are in a hurry.

• Like 1

The only tip I can give you is to let the idiots on the road through. Its not worth it going to the effort to show them up or try to teach them a lesson by out running them, cutting them off whatever; there's just too many of them out there -You end up getting frustrated every time you're behind the wheel that way. Its tough, but I try to reign in my temper and just yield when someone's annoying me. Its just not worth the aggravation...

i agree with you if you keep try it maybe it lead to fight with other driver.

I was told not to listen to metal when driving... it can piss you off even more... apparently. :D

then what ? you are suppose to listen to classical ? Trust me being pissed off is way better than falling asleep in the car :P:action-smiley-035:

then what ? you are suppose to listen to classical ? Trust me being pissed off is way better than falling asleep in the car :P:action-smiley-035:

Thats what I thought when I was 20/21...but four years on I find myself listening to Jim Reeves and Elvis more and more,heck even me moms old hindi classics are starting to sound good now.Its called growing up Stiggy,It'll happen to you too. :P

Thats what I thought when I was 20/21...but four years on I find myself listening to Jim Reeves and Elvis more and more,heck even me moms old hindi classics are starting to sound good now.Its called growing up Stiggy,It'll happen to you too. :P

Smartass :P

Come back after listening to some Bond :) Apparently one of my friends got lucky after he borrowed my car for a date and turned on the music to find I had left a Bond CD in there.

http://www.bondmusic.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_(band)

I'm sure everyone has heard this, even if they didn't know the band ;)

Come back after listening to some Bond :) Apparently one of my friends got lucky after he borrowed my car for a date and turned on the music to find I had left a Bond CD in there.

http://www.bondmusic.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_(band)

I'm sure everyone has heard this, even if they didn't know the band ;)

Ha! I thought I was the only Bond fan around!

anyway, I'm told I have a weird taste when it comes to in-car music:

Edited by Saturn