• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Shock Prices

Batteries

I have AE110.I need to replace my front shocks. Called TASS they said one shock is 9800(KYB).My garage guy has a Shop next to it. He said the same price & gave me 10% off & said will give the same shocks for 8800.(Same as TASS)

Does anybody know if TASS give discounts for their agents?

Want to know this as don’t want to end up with bad shock's.

:)

Obviously the trade seller gets a trade discount (which will be his profit margin). He might just be trimming his margin to get your business, the same way that tyre shops do. Just confirm their supplier is TAAS.

I have AE110.I need to replace my front shocks. Called TASS they said one shock is 9800(KYB).My garage guy has a Shop next to it. He said the same price & gave me 10% off & said will give the same shocks for 8800.(Same as TASS)

TAAS will give you 15% discount for cash purchase. Just check with them.

'Batteries',

Did you get a Shock test before you decide to replace them. Yes cash they will give you a very good discount.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Guys, anybody knows the recent price of carina AT 210 shocks (KYB) and engine mounts? Like to replace all and make the ride smooth… but scared of the price and quality..

TASS should have all you want. Look it up on their web site.

Hi guys,

I'm new to car subject and would like to know what is "TAAS" .

I had to replace my front shocks about month ago (toyota CE110) and cost me Rs.9400/- each @ galle for KYB gas ones.

Now I'm planning to go for rear shocks.

thanks

TAAS are the agents for KYB shock absorbers..

Seriously? 9400 each for an older corolla?! That certainly puts Euro parts places in a much nicer light...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks...

I know where Mag City is but where is Nalaka Tyre house and Macro Autotech?

Ah, good, then you know which area to avoid at all costs.

Little bit of googling says Nalaka Tyre House is here - 6.91820, 79.86051

Just put those numbers into google maps, it will show you the place.

• Like 1

I think for something as simple as shock testing Mag city might be ok. You need the correct equipment rather than a lot of knowledge for this particular job. But Nalaka has been doing it for the longest. They used to have a branch in Hyde park corner and another one on Maradhana road close to punchi Borella.

Also the yellow pages would have information on all these companies and more.

Edited by The Don

I bought 4 shock absorbers (KYB) for my Toyota Corolla AE100 at TAAS couple of weeks ago. They gave me 10% discount for cash payment, since I bought 4. it seems GS Auto at Panchikawatte gives 15% discount for KYB shock absorbers.