• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Xenon Kit For Mitsubishi 4Dr5 Jeep

Nishan.dj

Question

Hello,

I am looking at fixing Xenon Kit for my 4DR5 Jeep (24V & Two 70Ah Batteries) and I have no idea about it. So If anyone has experience or any news on that please post a reply. However I also like the seal-beam headlights because unlike other ones it gives the old classic (Original) look to the front (May be because of the design). So I think If I fix the xenon kit for headlights I have to replace the seal-beam as well. If not what can I do and any other ways? Thanks in advance.

Nisha

14 answers to this question

Hello,

I am looking at fixing Xenon Kit for my 4DR5 Jeep (24V & Two 70Ah Batteries) and I have no idea about it. So If anyone has experience or any news on that please post a reply. However I also like the seal-beam headlights because unlike other ones it gives the old classic (Original) look to the front (May be because of the design). So I think If I fix the xenon kit for headlights I have to replace the seal-beam as well. If not what can I do and any other ways? Thanks in advance.

Nisha

you might have a slight problem cause of the 24v battery, most conversion kits are in the 12v format. If you are getting it from ebay make sure you buy a product that can be used with 24v.fixing a xenon kit is pretty simple

well you can only keep one, you have to pick between sealed type or xenon.and yes you will have to replace your light housing, i think there are aftermarket one's readily available or you can get one fixed from one of those car modifying places. :alc:

Thought the a video with a chick would be a nice touch ;)

Hello,

Nisha

I've seen Hella H4 sealed beams with flat lens with crystal type reflector, this light will suit your conversion. What you will lose from the classic J44 look would be the curved lens, but this will be only significant for the side look and I see lot of them J44's running about with this headlight and it still looks close to original. You can proceed with a 12V Xenon kit fitted to one battery with the headache of swapping two batteries in some fixed intervals, or there are 24v to 12v converters available and it's being used in J44s for many appliances varying from a sound system to an after market A/C.

I will tell you very sincerely, don't do it. Unless you want about 7 generations of your family cursed. J44 have their headlamps mounted pretty high up, its gonna blind the majority of car owners out there. Which could also be dangerous for you if they panic and steer right into you while blind.

I will tell you very sincerely, don't do it. Unless you want about 7 generations of your family cursed. J44 have their headlamps mounted pretty high up, its gonna blind the majority of car owners out there. Which could also be dangerous for you if they panic and steer right into you while blind.

Oh, completely forgot about the days I was driving the J44, even at low beam some car drivers used to cut into me in agony thinking I'm driving high beams on.

Come to think of it, if the OP's J44 has original Koito sealed beams and good charging system with good wiring with no voltage drop, there's absolutely no need of going for HID.

yeah thats true, and since they don have projector beams light would scatter and make it worse

yehh dats tru !!

you might have a slight problem cause of the 24v battery, most conversion kits are in the 12v format. If you are getting it from ebay make sure you buy a product that can be used with 24v.fixing a xenon kit is pretty simple

well you can only keep one, you have to pick between sealed type or xenon.and yes you will have to replace your light housing, i think there are aftermarket one's readily available or you can get one fixed from one of those car modifying places. :alc:

Thought the a video with a chick would be a nice touch ;)

Thanks a lot. Of course I can buy it from ebay and already contacted few sellers on those. Thanks a lot for your information.

I've seen Hella H4 sealed beams with flat lens with crystal type reflector, this light will suit your conversion. What you will lose from the classic J44 look would be the curved lens, but this will be only significant for the side look and I see lot of them J44's running about with this headlight and it still looks close to original. You can proceed with a 12V Xenon kit fitted to one battery with the headache of swapping two batteries in some fixed intervals, or there are 24v to 12v converters available and it's being used in J44s for many appliances varying from a sound system to an after market A/C.

Thanks a lot harshan for your information. I will have to biy Hella H4 sealed beams and fit the kit for it as you said. But fixing 12V kit for one battery would be another problem. If I fit the Xenon kit to one battery wouldn't it be used more than other one? However converting 24V to 12V is also a good option but in the market lot of converters give 5 - 20 Amp output. Hope it wouldn't be enough. Thanks.

Oh, completely forgot about the days I was driving the J44, even at low beam some car drivers used to cut into me in agony thinking I'm driving high beams on.

Come to think of it, if the OP's J44 has original Koito sealed beams and good charging system with good wiring with no voltage drop, there's absolutely no need of going for HID.

for Pericles and Harshan,

Thats absolutely true. "even at low beam some car drivers used to cut into me in agony thinking I'm driving high beams on" is totally correct and It happens to me too. So you think fitting a Xenon kit will not solve both problems? In sealed beams left side light does not get in to low beam 100% and only the right side one is getting low beam perfectly. I think its how the manufacturers fitted it. However Can't a Xenon kit do the low beam and high beam switching more perfectly than a sealed beam?

Thats absolutely true. "even at low beam some car drivers used to cut into me in agony thinking I'm driving high beams on" is totally correct and It happens to me too. So you think fitting a Xenon kit will not solve both problems? In sealed beams left side light does not get in to low beam 100% and only the right side one is getting low beam perfectly. I think its how the manufacturers fitted it. However Can't a Xenon kit do the low beam and high beam switching more perfectly than a sealed beam?

Actually the xenon bulbs tend to be longer than normal bulbs so it makes thing worse, if your normal lights have problems focusing going for xenon will only make it worse.

Think a little out of the box for a while, how about you fit a good set of fog lights on the bumper with xenon's ? Would definitively give you better lighting and also wont cause much problems for other drivers :alc:

Actually the xenon bulbs tend to be longer than normal bulbs so it makes thing worse, if your normal lights have problems focusing going for xenon will only make it worse.

Think a little out of the box for a while, how about you fit a good set of fog lights on the bumper with xenon's ? Would definitively give you better lighting and also wont cause much problems for other drivers :alc:

Of course Its a great idea. So do you think that normal H3 Halogen bulb fog light is ok for having Xenon? If so what kind would you recommend? However its a good idea because I can keep the original head lights while having extra Xenon kit too. Thanks.

Seems like one of your headlights having an issue in connectors, either the (+)ve (most likely) or the earth. Since you said it's the low beam of left light which doesn't glow properly, I suspect that to be + line from the low beam relay. First, try to sort out the wiring of the entire head lamp circuit whilst make sure to use extra thick wires with fuses appropriately. You'll get good results as the sealed beam headlamps of J44 suppose to be very powerful.

Of course Its a great idea. So do you think that normal H3 Halogen bulb fog light is ok for having Xenon? If so what kind would you recommend? However its a good idea because I can keep the original head lights while having extra Xenon kit too. Thanks.

Im not entirely sure but i AFAIK there are separate xenons build for fog lights, if you can find a pair of those that'll do. Also if they are hard to come by you can get a pair of LED H3 bulbs or there are LED lights sold with the entire housing which are very close to xenon's in terms of performance.And make sure you buy a projector housing.

But dont install normal xenons in the fog lights as the enclosure is very small and might not fit, also most importantly the reflectors of your light might not be able to handle the heat generated by full sized xenons and might burnout and turn black. :alc: