• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Axela

rockerz

I used to hate the Face Lifted version as well .. until I got to closely inspect and drive one at the Colombo Harbour! :ninja:

Man it was awesome - the interior is quite improved in the f/o model as well. :alc:

have you driven the previous model as well?

I used to hate the Face Lifted version as well .. until I got to closely inspect and drive one at the Colombo Harbour! :ninja:

Man it was awesome - the interior is quite improved in the f/o model as well. :alc:

Same here, i haven't driven that model yet but i saw

and i wanted to ride that girl :P Interior looks really great but i still don't like that face (of the car).

have you driven the previous model as well?

Yeah .. but just to check it out. I really want to get my hands on an Axela - just waiting till the funds fall in place.

Hopefully by the end of April. :unsure:

Yeah .. but just to check it out. I really want to get my hands on an Axela - just waiting till the funds fall in place.

Hopefully by the end of April. :unsure:

i lik the look fo the previous one...it looks good with a bodykit! :)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

so i'm looking for current generation mazda axela/3 (2010-2012) registered model to use as a daily driver. there are lots for sale and I have checked out a few already. But they are all manumatics. Does anyone know if any manuals made it to SL shores? The previous generation had quite a few but I have yet to stumble across a manual from the current generation.

I have to say the 2014 model is looking much sharper; in both style and features than the current gen. Colonial says they will bring the 3 down by November latest and should cost around 4.8 - 5.2 m for permit. It does not come in the MT spec for Sri Lanka though, as per Colonial. US has a MT spec, but only for the lower grade model; all the S and grand touring models come with 6AT.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks Viskhid. I went to Colonial and they actually quoted 5.4 for permit. They are bringing down only one spec to Sri Lanka though. Looking at the pics on the net, the car looks sweet. Will be definitely considering this one.

Mazda 3 for 5.4 to permit? I don't think when I called last time they told they can offer Mazda 6 for around 5.5 and Mazda 3 for less than 4 min

Wow that's kinda strange as Car Mart advertised M6 and CX-5 both 6M upwards (CX-5 obviously priced higher, both for permit) about a month back. I don't know if the tax schemes or exchange rate has changed that much.

• 3 months later...
What's the enigine capacity of these cars?

Well, GIYF .... but Axela is 1500cc and Mazda 3 (asian variety) is 1600cc

You get 2.0L and 2.3L 3's in US/EU. I'm talking in general about 2004-2012 models which are being discussed in the posts you quoted.

Edited by vishkid

• 3 weeks later...
Mazda Axela: this is the 2014 car I am referring to that they quoted 5.4. Not the current gen you see on our roads.

Visshkid: what they told me was the mazda 6 is going at 6.8 with the permit.

Right now, they are offering 2014 3 @ 5.4M, 2014 6 2.0 @ 6.3M and 2014 6 2.5 with all the options @ 7.9M (permit prices included where required)

That 6 2.0 with some added options would be a nice bet at around 6.6 - 6.7 given the current prices.

• 3 years later...
On 3/16/2011 at 9:33 AM, nexus said:

it is a manual or tiptronic

I have Mazda Axela BL5FP, year 2011 from JDM.  I am advised that it is CVT (sealed transmission without dipstick).  At the D (drive) indicator on the gear stick, it can be pulled across and the gears shifted manually.  I have heard this referred to as tiptronic.  Do I have a CVT or tiptronic gearbox?  This is important as I am trying to find the correct transmission fluid.

I have Mazda Axela BL5FP, year 2011 from JDM.  I am advised that it is CVT (sealed transmission without dipstick).  At the D (drive) indicator on the gear stick, it can be pulled across and the gears shifted manually.  I have heard this referred to as tiptronic.  Do I have a CVT or tiptronic gearbox?  This is important as I am trying to find the correct transmission fluid.

When you accelerate on full throttle does the rpm go up and down or does it keep the revs at a higher rpm like 5000?
Have a look at this and check

On 9/8/2017 at 3:36 AM, Princy said:

Mazda does not use CVTs in Axela/3 , other than current JDM Mazda Axela Hybrid which is also an anti-Mazda move derived from Toyota.

All other cars including SkyActiv, the conventional Automatic transmissions have been used by Mazda with some modified features. 

On 9/8/2017 at 3:36 AM, Princy said:

AFAIK it is a CVT box and it is tiptronic (it is a myth that CVT box can not have tiptronic) .

7 hours ago, Rohnd said:

Mazda does not use CVTs in Axela/3 , other than current JDM Mazda Axela Hybrid which is also an anti-Mazda move derived from Toyota.

All other cars including SkyActiv, the conventional Automatic transmissions have been used by Mazda with some modified features. 

Nope the BL series JDM cars (axela) came with CVT afaik.

3 hours ago, Rohnd said:

Yes, Some of non-SkyActiv  JDM BL (15C.15S) had CVT , but not Incorporated  in BM (2013 onward) 15C & 15S , There may be some apparent reasons for that for Mazda.

"Some"? . Princy asked about a particulate model ( Axela BL5FP ). all BL5FP you can see in SL are equipped with CVT gearbox. 

5 hours ago, MV-5 said:

"Some"? . Princy asked about a particulate model ( Axela BL5FP ). all BL5FP you can see in SL are equipped with CVT gearbox. 

Yes , you are correct in terms of BL5FP. What i meant(some) was, 20C & 20E JDM  BLs with SkyActiv  engines  probably not imported to SL due to High engine capacity duty barriers had no CVT gear boxes. The following is from Mazda news release on June 11th 2009.

Body type Model Drive Engine Transmission Price
(incl. sales tax)
Tax
reduction
Sedan
(4-door)
15C FWD 1.5L DOHC CVT 1,660,000 yen 50%
20C 2.0L DOHC
DISI (i-stop)
5-speed
EC-AT
1,890,000 yen 75%