• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Axela

rockerz

whats the fuel consumption of Mazda Axela....i heard its pretty bad...is it true?

Well, look around you, there're so many of them around. If it were really bad on fuel, I doubt you would find a great many on our roads.

Well, look around you, there're so many of them around. If it were really bad on fuel, I doubt you would find a great many on our roads.

how many km/l can it do?

Again, if you want better fuel consumption buy an Axio. If you want sharper ride and looks - get the Axela.

With permisson of Rockers <_< & continuing on the same topic - is it better to import a 2008 (pre-facelift) Axela for around 3 - 3.1 Mill or buy 2nd hand in SL (2003-2005) for 2.6 -2.7 million?

Does the model year make such a difference in general performance, economy, maintenance (i.e. some issues that were rectified on later model years) for Axela?

(again talking about the pre-facelift years)

Finally, hv any of you seen Axela or Mazda 3 on the 2nd hand market for sub 2.5 M?

Cheers

With permisson of Rockers <_< & continuing on the same topic - is it better to import a 2008 (pre-facelift) Axela for around 3 - 3.1 Mill or buy 2nd hand in SL (2003-2005) for 2.6 -2.7 million?

Does the model year make such a difference in general performance, economy, maintenance (i.e. some issues that were rectified on later model years) for Axela?

So, a car that's three years younger is only 300 grand more? Seems like a no-brainer to me. :) And don't forget, that older Axela has spent a couple of years on our lovely roads.

Seriously.Are you gonna open a new thread for every car that comes your mind?Make up your mind already!.I have noticed the members reply to 20+ threads opened by you for various makes/models and I have this sneaky suspicion that they were wasting their time.AL,ofcourse, is for sharing knowledge and help,but one must learn to help themselves too...

• Like 3

So, a car that's three years younger is only 300 grand more? Seems like a no-brainer to me. :) And don't forget, that older Axela has spent a couple of years on our lovely roads.

:rolleyes:

Yeah sounds pretty dumb when you consider the price difference (based on quoted prices), that's why I asked if anyone's come across a sub 25M Axela - then at least there is a 0.5M difference!

However price is not the only factor for some - a 2nd hand car is yours for minimum hassle and 1 days work. Importing is a bit different.

Anyhow, a car that has kissed our lovely roads for 2-3 years is bound to suffer some ailments - point taken.

I am having Axela 2007

it's doing with AC

10-11 km/l city

~14 km/l outstation

it is a manual or tiptronic

Edited by nexus

Guys,

I drive a manual 2005 model Axela and she does around guaranteed 11.5 km/litre in city and 14 to 14.5km/litre outstation

I don't speed much and always drive keeping rpm less than 2 or 2.5, your driving style also counts a lot in fuel consumption

But most of the people I know who own triptronics complain that it's max 9 to 9.5 they get and that I feel quite normal for an automatic

Cheers

Nuwan

whats the fuel consumption of Mazda Axela....i heard its pretty bad...is it true?

afaik it 09-10kmpl in city limits in Outstations it do 13-14

Guys,

I drive a manual 2005 model Axela and she does around guaranteed 11.5 km/litre in city and 14 to 14.5km/litre outstation

I don't speed much and always drive keeping rpm less than 2 or 2.5, your driving style also counts a lot in fuel consumption

But most of the people I know who own triptronics complain that it's max 9 to 9.5 they get and that I feel quite normal for an automatic

Cheers

Nuwan

thanks guys!!

Again, if you want better fuel consumption buy an Axio. If you want sharper ride and looks - get the Axela.

Finally, hv any of you seen Axela or Mazda 3 on the 2nd hand market for sub 2.5 M?

Cheers

noway!! im not going for a axio...hate it! :D...and no problem continue on with the topic :D

:rolleyes:

Yeah sounds pretty dumb when you consider the price difference (based on quoted prices), that's why I asked if anyone's come across a sub 25M Axela - then at least there is a 0.5M difference!

However price is not the only factor for some - a 2nd hand car is yours for minimum hassle and 1 days work. Importing is a bit different.

Anyhow, a car that has kissed our lovely roads for 2-3 years is bound to suffer some ailments - point taken.

well i went through autolanka the cheapest i was able to find out was for 2.7 and that was a 2004 model! adn whats the face lift model you guys are talking about? :rolleyes:

it is a manual or tiptronic

sounds like a manual to me

2004 - 2009 ( GX & GS )

City L/100km = 9L

Hwy L/100km = 6L

2010 ( GX & GS )

City L/100km 8.1L

Hwy L/100km 5.9L

I’m driving Mazda 3 since 2006….. so far the best passenger car I had in my life… best handling, performance & gas…. :)

I used to hate the Face Lifted version as well .. until I got to closely inspect and drive one at the Colombo Harbour! :ninja:

Man it was awesome - the interior is quite improved in the f/o model as well. :alc: