• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

rockerz

Mazda Axela

rockerz    1

whats the fuel consumption of Mazda Axela....i heard its pretty bad...is it true?

heavyD    206

whats the fuel consumption of Mazda Axela....i heard its pretty bad...is it true?

Well, look around you, there're so many of them around. If it were really bad on fuel, I doubt you would find a great many on our roads.

rockerz    1

Well, look around you, there're so many of them around. If it were really bad on fuel, I doubt you would find a great many on our roads.

how many km/l can it do?

nexus    230

how many km/l can it do?

afaik it 09-10kmpl in city limits in Outstations it do 13-14

vishkid    132

Again, if you want better fuel consumption buy an Axio. If you want sharper ride and looks - get the Axela.

With permisson of Rockers <_< & continuing on the same topic - is it better to import a 2008 (pre-facelift) Axela for around 3 - 3.1 Mill or buy 2nd hand in SL (2003-2005) for 2.6 -2.7 million?

Does the model year make such a difference in general performance, economy, maintenance (i.e. some issues that were rectified on later model years) for Axela?

(again talking about the pre-facelift years)

Finally, hv any of you seen Axela or Mazda 3 on the 2nd hand market for sub 2.5 M?

Cheers

heavyD    206

With permisson of Rockers <_< & continuing on the same topic - is it better to import a 2008 (pre-facelift) Axela for around 3 - 3.1 Mill or buy 2nd hand in SL (2003-2005) for 2.6 -2.7 million?

Does the model year make such a difference in general performance, economy, maintenance (i.e. some issues that were rectified on later model years) for Axela?

So, a car that's three years younger is only 300 grand more? Seems like a no-brainer to me. :) And don't forget, that older Axela has spent a couple of years on our lovely roads.

MasterDon    934

Seriously.Are you gonna open a new thread for every car that comes your mind?Make up your mind already!.I have noticed the members reply to 20+ threads opened by you for various makes/models and I have this sneaky suspicion that they were wasting their time.AL,ofcourse, is for sharing knowledge and help,but one must learn to help themselves too...

• Like 3

vishkid    132

So, a car that's three years younger is only 300 grand more? Seems like a no-brainer to me. :) And don't forget, that older Axela has spent a couple of years on our lovely roads.

:rolleyes:

Yeah sounds pretty dumb when you consider the price difference (based on quoted prices), that's why I asked if anyone's come across a sub 25M Axela - then at least there is a 0.5M difference!

However price is not the only factor for some - a 2nd hand car is yours for minimum hassle and 1 days work. Importing is a bit different.

Anyhow, a car that has kissed our lovely roads for 2-3 years is bound to suffer some ailments - point taken.

nexus    230

I am having Axela 2007

it's doing with AC

10-11 km/l city

~14 km/l outstation

it is a manual or tiptronic

Edited by nexus

nuwang    0

Guys,

I drive a manual 2005 model Axela and she does around guaranteed 11.5 km/litre in city and 14 to 14.5km/litre outstation

I don't speed much and always drive keeping rpm less than 2 or 2.5, your driving style also counts a lot in fuel consumption

But most of the people I know who own triptronics complain that it's max 9 to 9.5 they get and that I feel quite normal for an automatic

Cheers

Nuwan

AbeysinghE    95

I am having Axela 2007

it's doing with AC

10-11 km/l city

~14 km/l outstation

then it might be manual...my uncle is having a tiptronic axela ,but it does only 8-9 in city and 10-12 it outstation...

rockerz    1

afaik it 09-10kmpl in city limits in Outstations it do 13-14

Guys,

I drive a manual 2005 model Axela and she does around guaranteed 11.5 km/litre in city and 14 to 14.5km/litre outstation

I don't speed much and always drive keeping rpm less than 2 or 2.5, your driving style also counts a lot in fuel consumption

But most of the people I know who own triptronics complain that it's max 9 to 9.5 they get and that I feel quite normal for an automatic

Cheers

Nuwan

thanks guys!!

Again, if you want better fuel consumption buy an Axio. If you want sharper ride and looks - get the Axela.

Finally, hv any of you seen Axela or Mazda 3 on the 2nd hand market for sub 2.5 M?

Cheers

noway!! im not going for a axio...hate it! :D...and no problem continue on with the topic :D

:rolleyes:

Yeah sounds pretty dumb when you consider the price difference (based on quoted prices), that's why I asked if anyone's come across a sub 25M Axela - then at least there is a 0.5M difference!

However price is not the only factor for some - a 2nd hand car is yours for minimum hassle and 1 days work. Importing is a bit different.

Anyhow, a car that has kissed our lovely roads for 2-3 years is bound to suffer some ailments - point taken.

well i went through autolanka the cheapest i was able to find out was for 2.7 and that was a 2004 model! adn whats the face lift model you guys are talking about? :rolleyes:

it is a manual or tiptronic

sounds like a manual to me

rockerz    1

I am having Axela 2007

it's doing with AC

10-11 km/l city

~14 km/l outstation

thanks!

dillongt    10

2004 - 2009 ( GX & GS )

City L/100km = 9L

Hwy L/100km = 6L

2010 ( GX & GS )

City L/100km 8.1L

Hwy L/100km 5.9L

I’m driving Mazda 3 since 2006….. so far the best passenger car I had in my life… best handling, performance & gas…. :)

dillongt    10

check my 2006 & 2007 Mazda3 GTclick here

rockerz    1

can someone tell me what this face lift model is???

nexus    230

Triptonic

ok for tiptronic it do excellent on the fuel :)

rockerz    1

1st gen

axela1.jpg

face lift

axela2.jpg

latest

axela3.jpg

errrrr....i hate that face lift model!!

Edited by rockerz

rockerz    1

Triptonic

what?? yours is a triptronic?? :o damn!! thats good!

nexus    230

latest

axela3.jpg

:lol: latest version look mean :P

vishkid    132

I used to hate the Face Lifted version as well .. until I got to closely inspect and drive one at the Colombo Harbour! :ninja:

Man it was awesome - the interior is quite improved in the f/o model as well. :alc: