• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Dashboard 'piece'

ShintaroX

Hello chaps/she-chaps!

I'm trying to get an N16 looking its best. Anyways, there is a plastic "piece" that stretches around the pop-up compartment on the dashboard and around the middle A/C vents and CD console (not sure if I'm clear, I'll try and get a picture if not) which is sort of snapped. When I bought the car it wasn't a big deal for me, but now I want to replace it if it isn't too expensive. Anyone know where I can buy this "piece"? Agents quoted Rs.30,000 and I laughed. Not mirthlessly, I mean real hearty belly-laughs.

Thanks fellas!

Edited by Pericles

Hello chaps/she-chaps!

I'm trying to get an N16 looking its best. Anyways, there is a plastic "piece" that stretches around the pop-up compartment on the dashboard and around the middle A/C vents and CD console (not sure if I'm clear, I'll try and get a picture if not) which is sort of snapped. When I bought the car it wasn't a big deal for me, but now I want to replace it if it isn't too expensive. Anyone know where I can buy this "piece"? Agents quoted Rs.30,000 and I laughed. Not mirthlessly, I mean real hearty belly-laughs.

Thanks fellas!

Hmmmm did you try delkanda area ? or even us a*to parts

BTW it would help if you can post a pic :alc:

Edited by Pericles

Hello chaps/she-chaps!

Thanks fellas!

Try Delkanda bro.:)

Edited by Pericles

Hello chaps/she-chaps!

Thanks fellas!

I think I know what you mean, this is the centre console surround isn't it though part places probably won't understand the term. I'm sure you'll find this in Delkanda considering the popularity of the car, or you can try a home fix, using some super glue. The trick is not to get any glue in any places visible, and generally you can get a very good result as long as nothing has fallen off, just snapped!

Edited by Pericles

• 2 months later...

I think I know what you mean, this is the centre console surround isn't it though part places probably won't understand the term. I'm sure you'll find this in Delkanda considering the popularity of the car, or you can try a home fix, using some super glue. The trick is not to get any glue in any places visible, and generally you can get a very good result as long as nothing has fallen off, just snapped!

try Delkanda area. i got one two years back for Rs 16,000/=

the problem is matching the color. Black ones are readily available.. ( even bandnew in delkanda area ). but if it's diffrent color (e.g: Dark/ light brown ) u need to try hard .....

good luck

Sorry I can't help you advice on replacing it but I had a similar issue which I repaired with the help of a fibre-glass fabricator in my locality.

As it was in my scenario; it might be easier (and certainly cheaper) to repair the part rather than to try and replace it. However do be aware that getting the plastic fixed with fibreglass is only applicable to non-load bearing plastic components that can be removed and handed over to the fabricator for repair.

Find a reputable fibreglass fabricator in your locality and hand it over, making sure to explain exactly what you want done. They'll fix it up from the back, stick some filler on the front where the crack is, sand it down, and then paint it to match the original colour with relative ease. My repair to fix a non-load bearing crack cost me a grand total of Rs 750 and the repair isn't noticeable unless you dismantle the part and view the fibreglass repair on the back. The guy who did my repair works out of Kandy; if that works for you, send me a PM and I'll send over his contact info to you.

Note: 'jdnet' replied back with something to similar effect on another thread and gave some other decent solutions as well which you might want to explore.

Edited by Kavvz

Hello chaps/she-chaps!

Thanks fellas!

You will find it in Delkanda for sure bro, its a clip on item, so just try and take it with ytou when you visit the places should make your search quicker and the colour matching easier.