• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Beetle Ak 12

rez

Dear Friends,

I'm a bit interested in this Beetle AK 12, 1240 CC ( 2002 model and unregistered ) and have seen a few so far with various price ranges. But would like to get your expert opinions on intelligent key issue / Remote key, Fuel consumption, Manuel / Auto, retractable mirrors, the reasonable amount etc...and other issues negative / positive in selecting....

( went through the archives but could not find any information ), so hope I could some help from u fellows !!!

thkx

Edited by rez

if its a 2002 model you are after, i doubt you'll find any unregistered. i guess the unregistered ones you see here are 2007 and up. there are no issues with the intelligent key, most new vehicles have it. the only thing is that it sometimes does not work in high security areas but then you can open it manually. most cars are auto and do around 8-9 in Colombo. unregistered i would think would be around 2.3 mil, and registered examples would be around 1.4 and up. its not a bad car by any means. i know of so many ladies who have owned one. even with minimum maintenance they don't have any serious issues.

Hi RWD,

Yes 2002 are the ones in the market available with price tages from 1.5 m to 1.65 m differing from Manuel to Auto. But then I came across a 2007 unregistered, auto without that intelligent key for 1.9 m. The question in me now is why should I not go for the unregistered comparing with the make of the year and price.. Though I got no clue of this unregistered market price. But will the resale of it will depend of this key issue lateron ?

One person said the fuel worksout about 15 per L ( manuel )in a 2002 make..I doubt it !!!

Even came acorss a 2002, registered in 2005 for 1.45 m ( auto, 60,000 km, 2 owners in J number ). It was good in condition, but had done a fully paint job, which took me off the idea of buying, though I liked it. All other Auto ones were around 1.6 m +....

cheers

One person said the fuel worksout about 15 per L ( manuel )in a 2002 make..I doubt it !!!

I had a friend who achieved more Kmpl than that, he was pushing the car to work those days :sarcastic_hand:

Dear Friends,

I'm a bit interested in this Beetle AK 12, 1240 CC ( 2002 model and unregistered ) and have seen a few so far with various price ranges. But would like to get your expert opinions on intelligent key issue / Remote key, Fuel consumption, Manuel / Auto, retractable mirrors, the reasonable amount etc...and other issues negative / positive in selecting....

( went through the archives but could not find any information ), so hope I could some help from u fellows !!!

thkx

hey

if u can try n find a BK12 instead of a AK12... which for me is better than AK12.. bt its a bit hard to find one.. bt worth it...

• 1 month later...

What is the difference between the BK12 and AK12 ?

afaik the difference is engine capacity AK12=1240cc BK12=1400cc :)

Edited by nexus

afaik the difference is engine capacity AK12=1000cc BK12=1400cc :)

Machan according to this K12 = 1000CC / AK12 = 1240CC / BK12 = 14000CC and 4WD 1400CC is BNK12 :)

Heard there is a K13 also wonder why I haven't seen one in SL :unsure:

Edited by Reckless

Machan according to this K12 = 1000CC / AK12 = 1240CC / BK12 = 14000CC and 4WD 1400CC is BNK12 :)

Heard there is a K13 also wonder why I haven't seen one in SL :unsure:

sorry about that it should be like what Reckless has said. :D

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I have followed the market price for AK 12 for last few weeks and it seems like Auto Lanka (web site) prices are far more above the average (17K to 18k) for 1000cc and 1300cc with auto gears. I have inspected few cars and had a test drive and driving experience was superb. However when I ask regarding fuel consumption owners are telling it works 17KMPL after they did engine tune-up from Mag-city. Before the tune-up they say it was just 10 to 12 max I still doubt that :) Some of my friend told me it works only 8 to 10kmpl max in city limits. Correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,

Edited by Pericles

Hi Guys,

I have followed the market price for AK 12 for last few weeks and it seems like Auto Lanka (web site) prices are far more above the average (17K to 18k) for 1000cc and 1300cc with auto gears. I have inspected few cars and had a test drive and driving experience was superb. However when I ask regarding fuel consumption owners are telling it works 17KMPL after they did engine tune-up from Mag-city. Before the tune-up they say it was just 10 to 12 max I still doubt that :) Some of my friend told me it works only 8 to 10kmpl max in city limits. Correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,

AutoLanka doesn't sell cars, private sellers advertise on AutoLanka. And people put prices so they have room to bargain, it is up to you to bargain and get the car.

And numbers you are getting for fuel consumption are probably utter crap. Thats another thing people do when trying to sell their cars.

There was a thread on "How to buy a second hand car". I suggest you read it.

Hi Guys,

Cheers,

I use a ak12 as a second car and the most it did was 14kmpl in a long trip to kataragama,

In colombo trafic conditions it will never do more than 12kmpl avrage in colombo is about 10kmpl

If somebody told it did 17kmpl ask whether it was for 2 liters :lol:

But the other things r better than competitors,

the performance is much better than the vitz, and it can withstand any hash treatment u throw at it

Edited by toyota sucks

I use a ak12 as a second car and the most it did was 14kmpl in a long trip to kataragama,

In colombo trafic conditions it will never do more than 12kmpl avrage in colombo is about 10kmpl

If somebody told it did 17kmpl ask whether it was for 2 liters :lol:

But the other things r better than competitors,

the performance is much better than the vitz, and it can withstand any hash treatment u throw at it

Can any one let me know what was the current price for reg number KB-XXXX or KC-XXXX 1300cc AK12 model while assuming body and engine condition 100%.