• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Most Easiest Way Of Restoring Your Head Lights

kushan

'jdnet',

If no one cares. Including you you have no reson to quote to my post.

Once you wrote you ignore my posts. Do not eat your own words.If you are a thorough gent will not quote to my posts.

Dont drag this thread out of topic are you writing about automobiles?.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

carefactory2.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Haha I enjoyed reading this thread... It was hilarious when 'Jdnet' posted multiple 'No one cares' posts lol.... So this site has some humor too :D

Agree... :mosking: ha...ha...haaaaa..... :popkorn:

• 3 weeks later...
Which is the more suitable toothpaste? S*gnal, Cl*guard or Sup*riv*ki ? I think the latter is more abrasive that the first two.

Can't believe we are going into this level... Just use some 3M rubbing compound or a similar polish. Much more effective than toothpaste.

Can't believe we are going into this level... Just use some 3M rubbing compound or a similar polish. Much more effective than toothpaste.

In my case, Toothpaste removed like 10% of that dirt... the rest of the 80% was removed by rubbing it from the B-cut sandpaper... and the rest of the 10% is from the inside, hesitating to remove the headlights to clean the inside....

• 3 weeks later...

Does putting a clear 3M UV protection film prevent this discoloration?

Ive read that all abbrasives will clear the lights but they also take out the protective UV resistant coating as a result the lights will get discoloured again much faster.

So hence after you clean the lights would it be useful to put the clear protective sticker on the lights. Kleen Park do it for around 6000Rs for the front pair of lights im told.

Does putting a clear 3M UV protection film prevent this discoloration?

Ive read that all abbrasives will clear the lights but they also take out the protective UV resistant coating as a result the lights will get discoloured again much faster.

So hence after you clean the lights would it be useful to put the clear protective sticker on the lights. Kleen Park do it for around 6000Rs for the front pair of lights im told.

Agreed.

Both the headlights on my wife's hatchback had faded over three years in the sun. Then, one was damaged in a small accident and got replaced with a relatively newer 'used' one from a parts shop in Wijerama.

The difference between the two were so obvious that I got one of the service station workers to clean the old one with compound durng regular service. Though it looked fine initially, within 2/3 months it was back to its badly faded condtition again, whereas the replaced and untouched one is still hanging in there and looking relatively ok. Decided that I'd get the protective sticker done the next time but never got around to doing it yet :)

Also KP do not have the agency for 3M anymore and I'm yet to come across any recommendations on their currect brand, which they promote as being better than 3M.........

You could get the 3M stickers done from the new place down the 120 bus route, just before the Pepiliyana junction, opposite the Dilmah(not sure) 'Tea Castle' buidling...

Edited by SanjeevMahen

• 9 months later...