• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

chew

Chevrolet Cruze

HI guys,

One of my friends is searching about chevrolet cruze. He is crazy about this vehicle.

Is it a good car to use in srilanka???

Any comments pls...

HI guys,

One of my friends is searching about chevrolet cruze. He is crazy about this vehicle.

Is it a good car to use in srilanka???

Any comments pls...

One of my friend has this. This is what I got regarding the car during discussions

1. Good Fuel Econ. When it new, it had even worked about 14. But had reduced(might be normal)

2. parts are bit expensive.

3. Good Interior & comfortable.

4. Look is not bad & in ideal dimensions.

Thanks Mate,

Is this vehicle from japan or from US???

Japan

wait...what?

Isn't the chevy cruze made by GM India?

Oh I think the suzuki swift based cruze was made in Japan whereas the new 2008+ J300 sedan is made in India (amung other countries).

grinning-smiley-003.gif Correct

And as not many know the new sedan called Cruze exists, it normally means the old hatchback if someone speaks of it. Have you seen atleast a single new car?

grinning-smiley-003.gif Correct

And as not many know the new sedan called Cruze exists, it normally means the old hatchback if someone speaks of it. Have you seen atleast a single new car?

Haven't seen any here. Not sure why since the Indian price should be decent right? I must say I'm not a fan of the new cruze though....it's competitors offer a lot more car for the buck.

Chevy Cruze, which is common in Sri Lanka, is rebadged Suzuki Swift/Ignis. I (virtually) own one. It's a nippy little car with lots of nice features. Pretty good for Sri Lankan roads too, because of its height and slightly taller design. Body parts could be expensive. Although the car looks identical to Suzuki Swift, its actually a couple of inches shorter and body parts do not really match. Look for things like centre antenna, original body kit, original interior, which can add value to the car.

Haven't seen any here. Not sure why since the Indian price should be decent right? I must say I'm not a fan of the new cruze though....it's competitors offer a lot more car for the buck.

Price should be decent but not sure how many people would like to buy a car from that segment made in India. When settling with Maruti crap, not a concern but doubt other upmarket vehicles will hold 2nd hand value which most buyers are quite concerned about. I'd rather buy a 15 year old Euro/Jap car.

I (virtually) own one

blink.gif

Price should be decent but not sure how many people would like to buy a car from that segment made in India. When settling with Maruti crap, not a concern but doubt other upmarket vehicles will hold 2nd hand value which most buyers are quite concerned about. I'd rather buy a 15 year old Euro/Jap car.

blink.gif

So why Maruti sales are increasing? :action-smiley-060:

Cause it's brand new and affordable.

Edited by Big_D

Coz like P.T. Barnum once said, there is a sucker born every minute. Look in a mirror, you'll see one there.

• Like 1

I think Investing on the new Indian swift is better than spending money on an Old model Jap swift or Chav which is anyway going to be around 1.9 or 1.8 mil

:grinning-smiley-003:

• Like 1

Thanks for great ideas... :grinning-smiley-003:

I feel chev cruze is more comfertble vehicle than indian ones. After few months all indian vehicles start to vibrate.

My worry is spare parts.

Edited by chew

Thanks for great ideas... :grinning-smiley-003:

I feel chev cruze is more comfertble vehicle than indian ones. After few months all indian vehicles start to vibrate.

My worry is spare parts.

Forget the Indian ones. It's much more comfier than many Jap cars.

I never had any major problems with the car for the past 2 years (apart from a fuel consumption issue attributable to injectors and EFI tuning) so I didn't have to go spares shopping.

Don't worry about the engine spares cos the Swift spares fit in perfectly. As for body parts, I've seen plenty in Darley Road and Delkanda. One plus point is the same car was sold in Australia as Holden Cruze (Only difference is the Holden Badge), so those who import knocked off car parts from Aussie bring down the Holden Cruze parts which fit in perfectly to Chevy Cruze.

Cause the growth of morons are climbing exponentially :action-smiley-060:

• Like 1