• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Chevrolet Cruze

chew

HI guys,

One of my friends is searching about chevrolet cruze. He is crazy about this vehicle.

Is it a good car to use in srilanka???

Any comments pls...

One of my friend has this. This is what I got regarding the car during discussions

1. Good Fuel Econ. When it new, it had even worked about 14. But had reduced(might be normal)

2. parts are bit expensive.

3. Good Interior & comfortable.

4. Look is not bad & in ideal dimensions.

grinning-smiley-003.gif Correct

And as not many know the new sedan called Cruze exists, it normally means the old hatchback if someone speaks of it. Have you seen atleast a single new car?

Haven't seen any here. Not sure why since the Indian price should be decent right? I must say I'm not a fan of the new cruze though....it's competitors offer a lot more car for the buck.

Chevy Cruze, which is common in Sri Lanka, is rebadged Suzuki Swift/Ignis. I (virtually) own one. It's a nippy little car with lots of nice features. Pretty good for Sri Lankan roads too, because of its height and slightly taller design. Body parts could be expensive. Although the car looks identical to Suzuki Swift, its actually a couple of inches shorter and body parts do not really match. Look for things like centre antenna, original body kit, original interior, which can add value to the car.

Haven't seen any here. Not sure why since the Indian price should be decent right? I must say I'm not a fan of the new cruze though....it's competitors offer a lot more car for the buck.

Price should be decent but not sure how many people would like to buy a car from that segment made in India. When settling with Maruti crap, not a concern but doubt other upmarket vehicles will hold 2nd hand value which most buyers are quite concerned about. I'd rather buy a 15 year old Euro/Jap car.

I (virtually) own one

blink.gif

Price should be decent but not sure how many people would like to buy a car from that segment made in India. When settling with Maruti crap, not a concern but doubt other upmarket vehicles will hold 2nd hand value which most buyers are quite concerned about. I'd rather buy a 15 year old Euro/Jap car.

blink.gif

So why Maruti sales are increasing? :action-smiley-060:

:grinning-smiley-003:

• Like 1

Thanks for great ideas... :grinning-smiley-003:

I feel chev cruze is more comfertble vehicle than indian ones. After few months all indian vehicles start to vibrate.

My worry is spare parts.

Edited by chew

Thanks for great ideas... :grinning-smiley-003:

I feel chev cruze is more comfertble vehicle than indian ones. After few months all indian vehicles start to vibrate.

My worry is spare parts.

Forget the Indian ones. It's much more comfier than many Jap cars.

I never had any major problems with the car for the past 2 years (apart from a fuel consumption issue attributable to injectors and EFI tuning) so I didn't have to go spares shopping.

Don't worry about the engine spares cos the Swift spares fit in perfectly. As for body parts, I've seen plenty in Darley Road and Delkanda. One plus point is the same car was sold in Australia as Holden Cruze (Only difference is the Holden Badge), so those who import knocked off car parts from Aussie bring down the Holden Cruze parts which fit in perfectly to Chevy Cruze.

• 9 years later...
3 hours ago, TTKD said:

What about buying a cruze one with the milage about 100000 km for 2200000/= 

It all depends on whether you would consider a 17 year old car worth your budget specially with the currently inflated market price on cars. Even the cheapest deals nowdays are 3-5 laks above the market average before covid. But 100,000 seems like a very good mileage (if genuine) for a 17-15 year old car given most 2008-9+ cars nowdays have done well over 150K. 

Its true... Is that worth to have an Indian one in-order to this... Or have a cruze one.. means 17 years old... If you would able to guide me the best option that's really helpful... The budget is above value.. may be a lease of halfe value of the amount... That's all i expect...🙂

Really thank for the guidances pals...👍👍