• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Two Kafir Aircrafts Have Fallen In The Gampaha District,

evergreen

yeah....Flight Lt. Monath Perera's body has been found. the squadron leader escaped unhurt...

both aircrafts are destroyed...

bad scene...wonder what happened...

anyways...prayers are with the family :( :(

we got through the last stages of war without loosing any aircrafts on air and then this happens :(

i bet the new SLAF chief must be distraught. the man just took over command

yeah....Flight Lt. Monath Perera's body has been found. the squadron leader escaped unhurt...

both aircrafts are destroyed...

bad scene...wonder what happened...

anyways...prayers are with the family :( :(

we got through the last stages of war without loosing any aircrafts on air and then this happens :(

i bet the new SLAF chief must be distraught. the man just took over command

nothing to do with this. but i think the kfirs should be grounded sooner and slaf should think of upgrading the fighter fleet.

nothing to do with this. but i think the kfirs should be grounded sooner and slaf should think of upgrading the fighter fleet.

read somewhere that SLAF wanting to upgrade their air-to-air capabilities...

possible either 29's or go for the upgraded version of J-7's from china

but i doubt kfirs will be phased out and grounded...

the avionics upgrades done for those might go in vain if we were to do that me thinks

MiniAce should be able to chime in with lot more accurate info

read somewhere that SLAF wanting to upgrade their air-to-air capabilities...

possible either 29's or go for the upgraded version of J-7's from china

but i doubt kfirs will be phased out and grounded...

the avionics upgrades done for those might go in vain if we were to do that me thinks

MiniAce should be able to chime in with lot more accurate info

true..no doubt air to air has to be upgraded like you said and 29 will be the prominent candidate..slaf use two varients of kfirs. c2 and c7. i think the c7 is the one with ugraded radar and other avionics.

Edited by evergreen

But to deal with what threat? As long as the aircraft are airworthy, and there is no threat, there is no reason to upgrade.

Fighter bombers are useful for SL Defense Forces. Air to Air Fighters, not so much. The only air to air threats that can't be dealt with by the current fleet are the Indians and the US Navy. Simply put, can't justify the taxpayer expense. Unless its to line a few pockets, then it'll get MoD approval :)

But to deal with what threat? As long as the aircraft are airworthy, and there is no threat, there is no reason to upgrade.

Fighter bombers are useful for SL Defense Forces. Air to Air Fighters, not so much. The only air to air threats that can't be dealt with by the current fleet are the Indians and the US Navy. Simply put, can't justify the taxpayer expense. Unless its to line a few pockets, then it'll get MoD approval :)

i sincerely hope there wont be threats anymore in the time to come :D and but it is always good to bring in the new technology. still i know the country has enough priorities than this. :D

read on sinhala papers today that the shoot failed to deploy and the pilot fell to his death :(

suppose they were flying very low and didn't have enough time to manually deploy the shoot :(

read on sinhala papers today that the shoot failed to deploy and the pilot fell to his death :(

suppose they were flying very low and didn't have enough time to manually deploy the shoot :(

damn what he must feeling when he fell to his death :(

what a sad scene :( he will forever remembered in all of our hearts.

• Like 1

damn what he must feeling when he fell to his death :(

Really sad... Surely he must have served & commited to our mother country during the war period... What a lost to our country.. :( Another real hero left us. :(

Really sad... Surely he must have served & commited to our mother country during the war period... What a lost to our country.. :( Another real hero left us. :(

former no 5 squadron f-7 pilot and then joined the slaf no 10 attack jet squadron in 2007 and had accomplished a number of precise missions. he was just 28 years old when he met with the tragedy.

100% true