• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Cs1 Suspension

trinity

Hi Elrond Seeing this while having a drink with a friend. Will reply you tomorrow. For now I just want to say is that if they don't accept parts bought in by customers, there is no point of going there for that kind of big repair. Will come back to you with additional info tomorrow. Cheers!

Sure Trinity... Thanks for the input.

Have a good one! :)

Cheers!

And about the caliper pin.

Which makes a rattles from your brake assembly when driving over rough roads.thats a pin which holds the brake caliper to the disk.

I assume that's it's not necessary if you didn't get that rattle.

And about the caliper pin.

Which makes a rattles from your brake assembly when driving over rough roads.thats a pin which holds the brake caliper to the disk.

I assume that's it's not necessary if you didn't get that rattle.

In the CS, each brake pad has two metal retention clips holding the pad within the calliper. I believe earlier versions of the CS came with steel retention clips which are prone to deterioration. The rattle is probably due to misaligned/damaged/missing retention clips. In Elrond's case, a squeal can mean worn out pads or misaligned retention clips.

Apart from the retention clips, each pad's outer surface (the surface without friction material) should be clipped to a metal shim which most of our incompetent mechanics remove, mostly because aftermarket brake pads don't fit on the shims properly.

The calliper pin is pretty solid on the CS IMO. When I got my car, only the rear wheels had retention clips and the front was rattling really bad on rough roads. New retention clips solved the issue. Only available at the agents.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Hi trinity

Would you recommend AutoBox for a clutch replacement job?

Hi hyacc

Sorry for the delay in replying. I believe its better if you could visit and talk to them. That way you can see whether they are the people to do your job or not. All I can say is that they are equipped and manned to do a job like that. Im suggesting this because I haven't done any engine or gear box related repairs with them.

Hi trinity

Would you recommend AutoBox for a clutch replacement job?

machan,

What caused your to replace the clutch ? Worn out or any issue ?

@Trinity,

Mine clocked at 99k and do you know what interval we need to change manual gear oil and what grade that we need to use. Some Singaporean forums said that 75-80W is the oil that we should use and the service millage is around 60000 miles.

Hi hyacc

Sorry for the delay in replying. I believe its better if you could visit and talk to them. That way you can see whether they are the people to do your job or not. All I can say is that they are equipped and manned to do a job like that. Im suggesting this because I haven't done any engine or gear box related repairs with them.

Thanks trinity. In the begining of the thread I read you did a clutch replacement. I thought you did it at autobox.

Edited by hyacc

Mine clocked at 99k and do you know what interval we need to change manual gear oil and what grade that we need to use. Some Singaporean forums said that 75-80W is the oil that we should use and the service millage is around 60000 miles.

I remember the workshop manual saying 100,000km. Check it out in the manuals thread. The oil is SAE 90. The "W" specification is irrelevant in Sri Lanka.

machan,

What caused your to replace the clutch ? Worn out or any issue ?

@Trinity,

I remember the workshop manual saying 100,000km. Check it out in the manuals thread. The oil is SAE 90. The "W" specification is irrelevant in Sri Lanka.

Here you go HashanJay.. I think i did it around 110k.

Davy I dont know whether you remember, we changed the gear oil when we went to see your mech @ Seeduwa. :)

Thanks trinity. In the begining of the thread I read you did a clutch replacement. I thought you did it at autobox.

No Machang, that was done at my regular mechanics place in Kalutara. I discovered Auto Box bit recently. Some member said that Auto Box not do not accept parts bought in by the customer. If that is the case, its a no no for me.

Better to call them and ask before you go. 0773 679302 (Kumara).

Davy I dont know whether you remember, we changed the gear oil when we went to see your mech @ Seeduwa. :)

I sure do machan. That's the day we did the Katunayake Expressway run. :)

I also got the transmission oil changed at about 90,000km (@HashanJay, mine was a CS3, but same transmission) because I felt like the car had a problem shifting down to 2nd gear. It was sorted after the oil change.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

I also got the transmission oil changed at about 90,000km (@HashanJay, mine was a CS3, but same transmission) because I felt like the car had a problem shifting down to 2nd gear. It was sorted after the oil change.

Ado, do you have that video with you? If do, could you please send it to me.

Thanks, Davy!

Same here CS3 (2008), No noises or any known symptoms but I do have a issue with clutch when driving in unmoving traffic, but it rarely happens :)

I thought of getting the oil changed since it's gonna be 100k pretty soon. Thank you for the info!

Any place that you would recommend and if you recall the costs just let me know. I have a place nearby and I will check with them as well.

Edited by HashanJay

Thanks Davy, Any chance of that workshop manual being a PDF? Was it there on Sampath's tread on Manuals / brochures? How many liters will it need to replace the existing oil in the system ?

Edited by HashanJay

Thanks Davy, Any chance of that workshop manual being a PDF? Was it there on Sampath's tread on Manuals / brochures? How many liters will it need to replace the existing oil in the system ?

You can find the manual in this thread:

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/9732-lancer-service-manuals-available-here/

Look for the FM42 manual transmission manual. Fluid levels, service intervals are all in the manual.

• Like 2

You can find the manual in this thread:

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/9732-lancer-service-manuals-available-here/

Look for the FM42 manual transmission manual. Fluid levels, service intervals are all in the manual.

Awesome collection, Thanks a lot, Davy! Really appreciate your help from the beginning...

I can't access 4Shared from Office :( I will check when I get home....

Edited by HashanJay

Awesome collection, Thanks a lot, Davy! Really appreciate your help from the beginning...

I can't access 4Shared from Office :( I will check when I get home....

4shared links are expired :( I found the same on Google drive

Links

2003 Lancer Factory Service Manual:

(6 files)

2003 LANCER OZ FSM Files

---------------------------------------------------------------------

2006 Lancer Factory Service Manual:

(10 files)

2006 Lancer FSM Files

Will you two gents post the video to someplace we can see too?

I completely forgot about it. Will send it to you as well.

guys referring to the ride you two passing each other exactly two years back??

Yes, that's the one. :)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I'm also in need of getting following done to my Alto (45,000km). can you recommend a reliable place somewhere around Borella area. 

1. Wheel alignment

2. Suspension testing

3. Full inspection (T belt, brake, clutch etc)

4. Headlight alignment

Your advice in this regard wold be appreciated