• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Common Issues With Ek3

macroxx

Actually what im going to describe is not a issue but thought of sharing it as it may help someone . I had a issue with ac system in my EG last week and it was due to bad ac compressor . so i called almost all the famous honda spare parts shops and belive me they didnt hv sigle eg ac compressor. Then i came with the old compressor to delkada and guess what, actually my old one was a ek compressor. Actually i had to replace the evaporator as well and Ek one is a identical to eg. Actually this is the third item that i came a cross that match perfectly( previously ive replaced wiper motor with arms from ek to my eg). Hope this info will help someone !

Actually what im going to describe is not a issue but thought of sharing it as it may help someone . I had a issue with ac system in my EG last week and it was due to bad ac compressor . so i called almost all the famous honda spare parts shops and belive me they didnt hv sigle eg ac compressor. Then i came with the old compressor to delkada and guess what, actually my old one was a ek compressor. Actually i had to replace the evaporator as well and Ek one is a identical to eg. Actually this is the third item that i came a cross that match perfectly( previously ive replaced wiper motor with arms from ek to my eg). Hope this info will help someone !

'H.C',

Most jap cars parts are interchangable.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 2 years later...

Hello Every one!

96' EK3 ML (Normal Auto gear)

Mine doesn't like to start when the engine is HOT. Cold start is perfect.

when the engine is hot it doesn't start. I have to wait till it cold down.

I serviced the starter motor then it was okay for couple of weeks now it is back.

Not too sure if it is Starter motor or something else.

Can anyone please advise me.

Thanks.

When was the last time you did a engine tune up? If not done within the last two years time try that first. If it was due to your starter motor in fact it should have been the other way round (difficult cold start). Could be due to many reasons like partially clogged up idle air control path, one or more injectors operating marginally, inlet manifold air leak, one or more bad plugs etc but a tune up should take care of all these. Is you idle smooth both with and without AC when the engine is warm?

Edited by Rumesh88

When was the last Tune. if it's not recently its time for a complete test. also check any malfunctions in petrol pump.did you notice any temp rise? Open the radiator cap & see for any air leak. a tiny leak in gasket too can be once reason from other side.

Hello Every one!

96' EK3 ML (Normal Auto gear)

Mine doesn't like to start when the engine is HOT. Cold start is perfect.

when the engine is hot it doesn't start. I have to wait till it cold down.

I serviced the starter motor then it was okay for couple of weeks now it is back.

Not too sure if it is Starter motor or something else.

Can anyone please advise me.

Thanks.

while the problem is there and you turn the key, what was the observation, Crank sound or just "click" sound or no sound at all??

• 5 months later...

hi guys ,

I brought an Ek 3 recently , i have a small question ( it might be a stupid question but im an absolute noob to cars so forgive me :P ) .

Is the radiator fan supposed to run all the time ?

coz mine does , but some people told me that its not good for it to run all the time

hi guys ,

I brought an Ek 3 recently , i have a small question ( it might be a stupid question but im an absolute noob to cars so forgive me :P ) .

coz mine does , but some people told me that its not good for it to run all the time

The radiator fan should not run when the engine is cold. It is likely that someone has bypassed the radiator fan relay to circumvent a problem elsewhere. It is bad for the engine and will have an adverse effect on fuel economy particularly during short runs.

• 3 weeks later...
hi guys ,

I had the same issue with my EK 3 as I described below.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15674-radiator-fan-working-continuously-on-ek-3/

It is not normal to run the radiator fan all the time. check the thermostat switch which on and off the fan might be bypassed to run all the time.

• 2 months later...

Hi All

I Got my hands on a Honda EK3 after dreaming for along time. Its a 2000 Automatic clocked 148K in Milage.

Did a Tune up , Enigine Oil Change and Spark Pulgs ad Filter. Did not do a ATF change as the MEchanic said no Need to.

DId a Ful AC service as well. Yet my City running is around 7.5 Km/l runinng carefully under 2 RPM.

Please advice as i heard it wud do 10Km/L.

Hello congratz on your buy. My first advice if you dnt hv previous atf change records do a complte atf change. Cost you around 15k.if your getting around 7kmpl with ac in city limits + traffic im still saying its correct.did you check in long runs?did you scan the car ?

If you drive with slight brake+below 2k rpm this can increase up to 9/10 kmpl.

• Like 1

Sid

Where did you get this tune up? I got Exi 98 manual and does 10-12 city limit and somewhere 15 outstation. I think your one is recon one? with my experience on Exi for a 5 years , it is a good fuel economical car. how ever if some body mess the engine and throttle body , then it will worst. so better find a proper technicians. if you need , I will PM you . for a 5 years time I met some mechanics who do not know how to isolate the issue. my friend of mine also had 00 exi and it was messed too. never did 10 km city limit. . this is not a ordinary car and need well known person.

there will be a distributor issue will cause the low fuel consumption too.

sira

Hi sira

Its a mutimatic on steering. I drive with the E mode under 2 rpm.

U@@@ @ malabe did the tune up n changing plugs.

To unawatuna in highway up n down it did bout 12.5.

I use on daily basis n bought this as i heard it is good on fuel n dreamt for a honda.

Pls pm me n advice

Hi sira

Its a mutimatic on steering. I drive with the E mode under 2 rpm.

U@@@ @ malabe did the tune up n changing plugs.

To unawatuna in highway up n down it did bout 12.5.

I use on daily basis n bought this as i heard it is good on fuel n dreamt for a honda.

Pls pm me n advice

Hi Sid

I know this guy and he is not bad , but take some time to rectify issue. what have you changed so far. he is keen to change parts.

I think multimatic made for high performance and the fuel consumption is averagely low. how is the plug color? if all are white then it's will be ok. The plugs MUST not be Dark and should be white tip. since EFI engine. let me know the color of plug

post the list of replaced items as well

sira

Hi Sid

I know this guy and he is not bad , but take some time to rectify issue. what have you changed so far. he is keen to change parts.

I think multimatic made for high performance and the fuel consumption is averagely low. how is the plug color? if all are white then it's will be ok. The plugs MUST not be Dark and should be white tip. since EFI engine. let me know the color of plug

post the list of replaced items as well

sira

Hi Sira

He changed the plugs and he put new plugs less than one month.

The other parts were

1.Upper Arm bushes 4

2. Plugs ZFR

3. Engine Oil

4. Door Clipers

5. Oil Filter

6. A/C Filter

7. U Bush

8.Tune Up