• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pajero Io

S Munasinghe

Welcome to the site. Please do a search a this has been discussed before. There aren't any specific sensor problems in the IO. The most common problem found would be the High pressure fuel pump (also called GDI pump) If you buy a non-GDI version you would not have this issue.

Pumps are available at a few places in delkanda for anywhere between 60-100k. Installation is rather simple and should take about an hour depending on how fast your mechanic works.

Turbo IOs need the same care all turbo units do. The issue I had with the turbo was an oil leak which I later found to be caused by a blocked pcv valve. Never heard of other issues with the turbo that's specific to the IO. Eitherway the turbo IO is more un to drive.

Also You get better fuel figures with the GDI IO than the non-GDI.

edit: I really gotta stop resting my palm on the scroll pad while typing.

Edited by jdnet

Welcome to the site. Please do a search a this has been discussed before. There's aren't any specific sensor problems in the IO. The most common problem found would be the High pressure fuel pump (also called GDI pump) If you buy a non-GDI version you would not have this issue.

Pumos are available at a few places in delkanda for anywhere between 60-100k. Installation is rather simple and should take about an hour depending on how fast your mechanic works.

Turbo IOs need the same care all turbo units do. The issue I had with the turbo was an oil leak which I later found to be caused by a blocked pcv valve. Never heard of other issues with the turbo that's specific to the IO. Eitherway the turbo IO is more un to drive.

Also You get better fuel figures with the GDI IO than the non-GDI.

thank for the reply.. What is the difference between non turbo model and turbo model? what is the best and what is the market price of the 2000 yr vehicle?

Edited by S Munasinghe

• 2 months later...

2.2 million to 2.4 is more like the price range of the 1998 - 2000 iO.

Most people don't even realize that the iO had a face lift during the latter half of 2000 and those have raised bonnets and bigger grills. In addition to that the gear ratios also have been improved for better fuel efficiency. 2000 - 2001 models are going for about 2.4 million to 2.6 million depending on YOM, milage and options etc. I have seen a fully loaded iO advertised for 3.0 million on Autolanka but I think that's unrealistic.

Dude...

Pajero IO is the best vehicle(SUV) you can get for that price range.It doesnt have such inherited defects.If you maintain the vehicle well ,it want give you troubles.

You have to be careful about the fuel pump and the PCV valve(as JDNET mentioned.).

The comfort,pulling power,safety, handling and the prestige look are the key attractions.

Price range 1998-2000=2.3mil-2.6mil Depending on the Condition /Mileage/Turbo/Non Turbo

Best wishes.