• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Well I Am New Here

MitsuEclipse

hey guys, my name is chatura and i found out about this site from sacha (owns a starlet), one of my friends who i visited this time when i went to sri lanka. Just to intro myself, i have a Mitsu Eclipse, not the 2nd gen, but the one previous (2nd gens are notorious for the crankwalks plus its a 7bolt motor, so its weaker and has smaller rods than the first gen 6 bolt motors)

anyways i did a JDM swap to mine because my timing belt skipped a couple of teeth, causing some of the intake valves to hit the pistons. had to scratch the whole engine, put in a new one and now its pulling pretty good. I have a little bit of mods like a new jap evoIII motor, exhaust, intake, no balance shafts, clutch, etc...nothing too big :lol:

thanks for showing me around, to all the guys that i hung out with, it was fun. hope to see most of you guys again whenever i do come back to sri lanka. also got to ride in a nice black r32 skyline for the first time ever thanks to Prasana and Romesh . skylines are pretty rare here in the US, most of the ones that are here are insanely modded and are not streetable.

n25303331_30113580_7670.jpg

n25303331_30113589_9552.jpg

n25303331_30113591_327.jpg

At the track, launching

n25303331_30113593_9012.jpg

eclipse3.jpg

our house...we love mitsu's!

n25303331_30113588_9060.jpg

n25303331_30113586_518.jpg

hey guys, my name is chatura and i found out about this site from sacha (owns a starlet), one of my friends who i visited this time when i went to sri lanka. Just to intro myself, i have a Mitsu Eclipse, not the 2nd gen, but the one previous (2nd gens are notorious for the crankwalks plus its a 7bolt motor, so its weaker and has smaller rods than the first gen 6 bolt motors)

anyways i did a JDM swap to mine because my timing belt skipped a couple of teeth, causing some of the intake valves to hit the pistons. had to scratch the whole engine, put in a new one and now its pulling pretty good. I have a little bit of mods like a new jap evoIII motor, exhaust, intake, no balance shafts, clutch, etc...nothing too big :lol:

thanks for showing me around, to all the guys that i hung out with, it was fun. hope to see most of you guys again whenever i do come back to sri lanka. also got to ride in a nice black r32 skyline for the first time ever thanks to Prasana and Romesh . skylines are pretty rare here in the US, most of the ones that are here are insanely modded and are not streetable.

n25303331_30113580_7670.jpg

n25303331_30113589_9552.jpg

n25303331_30113591_327.jpg

At the track, launching

n25303331_30113593_9012.jpg

eclipse3.jpg

our house...we love mitsu's!

n25303331_30113588_9060.jpg

n25303331_30113586_518.jpg

Wow cool man, hot stuff. So you own a evo 8 as well ah.

Cool Bro. Please do keep posted us on your work. In Sri Lanka we are a bunch of frogs in a well.

Its nice to whats Sri Lankans are doing oversea.

for us its cost us at least 8 million even kiss a evo 8. in US a used one would be i guess the price of civic RS.

what do you say bros

Mr Mitsu Eclipse :-)

U did forget to mention its my old car :-(

That drag race was me against a s/charged civic Si !!! Unfortunately i lost to it coz i was leaking boost and ran a stupid 8psi throughout the 1/4.

anyway great job and im happy for what u've done to it .... Go V8 hunting and come back in 12 seconds ;-)

but before u do that, sort out the fuel system!!!

Take care and happy hunting !!!

Do look after he the way i did !!! if not i'll be hunting you down !!!

ucscsades >> the guys down in TX bro :-) running TX plates, dunno what the number is now but when i hard it was K23 something, its a Eclipse GSX all the way and not a Talon though Mr Mitsu has put a Talon grill !! Notice the rear sticker, the side bodykit, that'll give away its still a mitsubishi :D

More pics of my ex-car, havent got that many of it in the drags, but here are some : :-)

at the moment in the hands of a tuning maniac Mr Mitsu Eclix

gsx240sx3ts.jpg

gsxporsche59wq.jpg

yeah i am from Dallas, Texas. That is a Talon grille, i replaced the clear plastic peice witht he black solid center becasue i like it better. I have not run the car at the track after the motor install yet. anyways once i graduate planning on going further with the DSM or just selling it and buying a mk4 NA/TT supra, not sure yet. thanks for the responses.

PS: yea yea albertho thats your OLD car, but its reborn with all new stuff so only the body is yours :angry: I am still running only about 14psi till i figure out some problems in the car (like it has massive lag and a monster boost leak). the cold weather is helping out oo.

Also albertho here won that race against that crap boxter...and the eclipse car was all stock.

heh heh true :)

I some how like the talon wheels and grill more than the mitsubishi.

Where r u from? whats ure ride?

Mr MITSU> whats that vacuum looking line running from near the vacuum line that runs to the waste gate from the turbo? is it to your gauge? if yes, its taking quite a long route and your loosing a bit from that point to the intake. try tapping it in from the brake booster vacuum lines but make sure NO LEAKS !!!

is that the same K&N i gave u? heheh if yes, thats pretty old !!! actually 6 years old !!!

what did u do with the starion i/c i gave u????