• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Import A Used Vehicle

0ZSPEC

HI GUYS...

I AM LOOKING FOR SOME INFORMATION, IM CURRENTLY LIVING IN AUSTRALIA AND IM PLANING TO SEND A CAR TO LANKA FROM HERE, IM DRIVING A TOYOTA CORROLLA 2007 1.8L.

I BOUGHT IT BRANDNEW AND, HAD IT FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO START THIS THIS, THINKING OF SENDING THE CAR TO LANKA, PLS HELP ME WITH THE FEES AND CHARGERS + TAX AND DUTY. I HAVE NO IDEA ABT IT. TRIED TO GET INFO FRM FRND AND FAMILY, IM GETTING DIFFERENT ASNWERS FRM DIFFERENT PPL.

I THINK AUTO LANKA MEMBERS HAVE A VERY GOOD UNDERSTANDING ABOUT THESE STUFF. PLS HELP ME OUT.

JAYA SRI

HI GUYS...

I AM LOOKING FOR SOME INFORMATION, IM CURRENTLY LIVING IN AUSTRALIA AND IM PLANING TO SEND A CAR TO LANKA FROM HERE, IM DRIVING A TOYOTA CORROLLA 2007 1.8L.

I BOUGHT IT BRANDNEW AND, HAD IT FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO START THIS THIS, THINKING OF SENDING THE CAR TO LANKA, PLS HELP ME WITH THE FEES AND CHARGERS + TAX AND DUTY. I HAVE NO IDEA ABT IT. TRIED TO GET INFO FRM FRND AND FAMILY, IM GETTING DIFFERENT ASNWERS FRM DIFFERENT PPL.

I THINK AUTO LANKA MEMBERS HAVE A VERY GOOD UNDERSTANDING ABOUT THESE STUFF. PLS HELP ME OUT.

JAYA SRI

Could you please refrain from typing All Caps.

Hi OZSPEC,

Try the following website, don't know whether those info are outdated

but it's the only one seems to be available with details

Try those Contact # they might be able to give you clue regarding taxes.

(Hope you can read sinhalese since it's posted in Sinhalese) ;)

http://www.videshasewa.com/home/blue_permit.html

Hi OZSPEC,

Try the following website, don't know whether those info are outdated

but it's the only one seems to be available with details

Try those Contact # they might be able to give you clue regarding taxes.

(Hope you can read sinhalese since it's posted in Sinhalese) ;)

thanks man,

lol well i think i can manage, lol bdw my sinhala is waaaaay better than my english...

jaya sri

Why don't you talk to the cargo companies in Aus (Transco or Skyway for example)? I'm pretty sure they know the process.

i did, they do not know abt the tax. what i need to know is, hw much tax and duty i have to pay

TO MARS VOLTA>>>

mate i rang that num, they told me they have stopped blue permits and gift thingy>

thanks anyway.

Hi Ozspec, don't know if this is useful but just had a quote from Ever Global in Sydney to ship Honda Jazz from Port Kembla (NSW) to Colombo RORO at $1950+insurance as wanted. There is a schedule floating round on the net somewhere detailing the sliding duty scale on import of cars owned os by SLs. Wld be interested to hear of any more info u scource on such import activity - cheers, Scooter

Follow-up. Guess u saw that schedule as kindly pointed out by Mars. I'd seen an English language one somewhere but simply can't remember its location! Was that a definite stop on the blue permits?

Heard it's temporarily for gifts not sure about blues

• 5 months later...

Interesting thread,

im looking for the import tax calculator excel spread sheet was floating here.

im not sure how that is valid now. i want to send a Nissan xtrail diesel auto (2010) registered,

its goes here around A$30000 - but not sure how much will be it when goes to sri lanka - after tax ofcourse

on road in sri lanka.

It will be a gift permit too - or can be blue permit.

cheers

found the calculater

i put Rs 3723738.00 amount not sure where we place suv's ? is it placed under diesel cars between 2000cc - 2500cc bcoz this vehicle is 2000cc

total came to - Rs13,721,502.20 is this correct roughly tax : 138%

did the calculation on this link

http://www.siyallamethana.com/Content/VehicleTaxCalculator.aspx

Edited by unknown

Interesting thread,

im looking for the import tax calculator excel spread sheet was floating here.

im not sure how that is valid now. i want to send a Nissan xtrail diesel auto (2010) registered,

its goes here around A$30000 - but not sure how much will be it when goes to sri lanka - after tax ofcourse

on road in sri lanka.

It will be a gift permit too - or can be blue permit.

cheers

Gift permit imports are economical if you send a car which is 9-10 years old. Otherwise they are not.

BTW I heard there's some issue with the diesel in Sri Lanka and Xtrail engines. Not sure exactly what it is. Pls do a search/ask someone or ask A*W.

Gift permit imports are economical if you send a car which is 9-10 years old. Otherwise they are not.

BTW I heard there's some issue with the diesel in Sri Lanka and Xtrail engines. Not sure exactly what it is. Pls do a search/ask someone or ask A*W.

thanks for the reply mate,

yea i think its the 2008 model had the issues bcoz i think that was the first diesel model came out.

the one im interested is the gen3 diesel im guessing all the bugs been fixed.

i heard about the petrol issue in sri lanka. also if you have a gift permit you can bring down 6yr old max. so the current normal import ristriction is 2 yrs

cheers

found the calculater

i put Rs 3723738.00 amount not sure where we place suv's ? is it placed under diesel cars between 2000cc - 2500cc bcoz this vehicle is 2000cc

total came to - Rs13,721,502.20 is this correct roughly tax : 138%

did the calculation on this link

http://www.siyallamethana.com/Content/VehicleTaxCalculator.aspx

hey buddy, your calculation is wrong. It's not viable to bring diesel vehicles to SL due to the high tax. This is not true if you have a valid permit.

non commercial diesel vehicles 1600cc > 2000cc = ~250%

non commercial diesel vehicles 2000cc > 2500cc = ~268%

if your xtrail is advertised as 2000cc, it is usually less than 2000cc. i.e. falls in the lower tax bracket.

The tax figure you have used is for petrol vehicles.

• 1 month later...

Hi,,

Very interesting topic I was planning to address in te forum. I also want to send my vehicle which is 8 years old

it is still used by me. I have all the informations requested by CE6 form. But, money i sent to srilanka

was converted to Rupees and invested in building a house, fixed deposts and a in a business worth of 12M rupees.

So i don't have any documents to show tht I sent money to sri lanka. It was done 5 to 6 years back and I have scrapped all the receipts.

If I show my deposits, house legal documents and my business registration in sri lanka will that suffice to

convenience that i have sent money from abroad.